Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

yep simple really,

Just copy it on to the phone, then if you have the reboot options(see developer options in settings and select advanced reboot) when you press the power button, you can then get a set of reboot options, such as reboot, recovery etc. Choose recovery and it will boot to CM recovery, then you choose install update, go to folder 0 and select the incremental file with the power button. Should update then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Going to keep an eye on the battery % difference before/after sleep later.Pretty much having to charge every day or so,using it fairly intensively but still seems like a bit of a battery drain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

For anyone thats lost on what to do this video covers it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

My test entry is gone awful lately. It's like it's grand one minute and then the response is awful delayed / unresponsive, misses half the letters and wont predict text at all.

The phone has completely changed for the worse since the Lollipop upgrade.

FitzShane wrote: »
    My test entry is gone awful lately. It's like it's grand one minute and then the response is awful delayed / unresponsive, misses half the letters and wont predict text at all.

The phone has completely changed for the worse since the Lollipop upgrade.

have you followed the last 2 pages of this thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Mc Love wrote: »
    yep simple really,

Just copy it on to the phone, then if you have the reboot options(see developer options in settings and select advanced reboot) when you press the power button, you can then get a set of reboot options, such as reboot, recovery etc. Choose recovery and it will boot to CM recovery, then you choose install update, go to folder 0 and select the incremental file with the power button. Should update then!

Do you have to do any cache wiping?

Mr Velo wrote: »

Yes, its covered in the video above.

Mr Velo wrote: »

I didnt bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Metalpanic wrote: »
    I went from an iPhone 5 to the OPO and I can't see how I will ever be tempted back to iOS. There is literally nothing I miss about my old iPhone. Hardware is fantastic, powerful, battery life is great (the odd software update has altered it but it has been fixed) and best selling point is price. I haven't looked back since getting it.
    Is it worth waiting for the one plus two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

OK, so I manually installed the update using Metalpanic's process (thanks again Metalpanic) and all worked smoothly but despite reinstalling SuperSU when prompted and getting a confirmation of success it appears that the phone isn't actually rooted anymore see

ny8k13.jpg

So, how do I go about re-rooting the phone? Can I do it via TWRP or do I download a new version of SuperSU?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Is root enabled in Developer Settings ??

blobbie wrote: »
    Is root enabled in Developer Settings ??

I don't see such a setting in Developer Settings. I've looked and looked but it's not there. Am I going blind? Can you tell me the entries above/below the root enabled setting?

I don't have CM12S installed anymore - have moved onto EXODUS which comes prerooted.

However, if you have a read of this https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/cant-enable-root-access-cm12.297213/page-2

It should give you the instructions. From a quick read, you'll need TWRP installed (probably 2.8.6.0) fur SuperSU

It looks as if the "root" option in Developer settings was for CM12 nightlies only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Download the supersu.zip file and run it from trwp recovery

Job done

gar wrote: »
    Download the supersu.zip file and run it from trwp recovery

Job done

Food that twice and no joy. Maybe I'm flashing an old version. Would you mind linking to the latest/correct version?

• Advertisement

I just used the one that was sitting on my phone already. You got the latest version of twrp? Also did you clear dalvik and cache before running?

I just used the one that was sitting on my phone already. You got the latest version of twrp? Also did you clear dalvik and cache before running?
    Yes to both and this is the version of SuperSu I flashed - http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-root-oneplus-one-cyanogen-os-12s-lollipop-rom-1496682

Perhaps I should try this version - https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

I'll give it one more go :o

Yup mine is v2.46

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

OK, so I manually installed the update using Metalpanic's process (thanks again Metalpanic) and all worked smoothly but despite reinstalling SuperSU when prompted and getting a confirmation of success it appears that the phone isn't actually rooted anymore see

So, how do I go about re-rooting the phone? Can I do it via TWRP or do I download a new version of SuperSU?? :confused:

That happened to me when I thought I had slide to install Suoer SU and I hadn't. I just repeated the install of the upgrade zip and when it prompted to install SuperSU I made sure I did it right! Wiped coach and Dalvik and was grand!

patmac wrote: »
    Is it worth waiting for the one plus two?

At this stage.... Tough call. How badly do you want to switch? If it was me I'd wait.

• Advertisement

Yup mine is v2.46

The 2nd version I linked to which is from Chainfires Google+ page is only 6kb. I downloaded it twice. I'm afraid to flash such a small file, it can't be right!

The 2nd version I linked to which is from Chainfires Google+ page is only 6kb. I downloaded it twice. I'm afraid to flash such a small file, it can't be right!

I used it there to upgrade and it seemed to work OK.

Should be approx. 3.8mb when downloaded from https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Clicked on the "Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip" hyperlink

I downloaded it and it downloaded the full 3.83mb. Checked against supersu version 2.46 I have on an old Nexus4 and the sizes match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Using coloros camera and getting crashes on front facing camera,

Any ideas?

blobbie wrote: »
    Should be approx. 3.8mb when downloaded from https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Clicked on the "Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip" hyperlink

I downloaded it and it downloaded the full 3.83mb. Checked against supersu version 2.46 I have on an old Nexus4 and the sizes match.[/17953]

Thanks Blobbie, I got the full zip file and it's worked fine. I'm all updated and rooted and as a Bruceie bonus my phone app is now working correctly. I was having a lot of problems with incoming call notifications.

Happy bunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Just wondering is the oneplus still worth a shot at the price? I was tempted to go to a shop and get an S6 which can be got for similar money But I would be tied into a a 24 month contract on top of the price of the phone and the plan will be more expensive then what I'm on.

I'll be coming from a nexus 4 that just died on me today :( so I know performance will be different.

Any opinions that might sway me?

Also what's the shipping time like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Stokolan wrote: »
    Just wondering is the oneplus still worth a shot at the price? I was tempted to go to a shop and get an S6 which can be got for similar money But I would be tied into a a 24 month contract on top of the price of the phone and the plan will be more expensive then what I'm on.

I'll be coming from a nexus 4 that just died on me today :( so I know performance will be different.

Any opinions that might sway me?

Also what's the shipping time like?

I also came from a Nexus 4. Once you get this phone into your hands you will never go back to a 4" device. All other phones feel too small to me and I sit there wondering how I ever enjoyed browsing on such a small screen.

At this current moment in time this is arguably the best phone available in terms of cost:performance. It's definitely the most easily available. Along with the massive performance you also get the customisation options of Cyanogenmod built in as stock. After rooting you open up even more possibilities.

I ordered from the German store so can't comment on shipping times, although it is relatively quick since it is done via courier.

Danger781 wrote: »
    I also came from a Nexus 4. Once you get this phone into your hands you will never go back to a 4" device. All other phones feel too small to me and I sit there wondering how I ever enjoyed browsing on such a small screen.

At this current moment in time this is arguably the best phone available in terms of cost:performance. It's definitely the most easily available. Along with the massive performance you also get the customisation options of Cyanogenmod built in as stock. After rooting you open up even more possibilities.

I ordered from the German store so can't comment on shipping times, although it is relatively quick since it is done via courier.

You just made me buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

You just made me buy it!

Bear in mind the OP2 is due out relatively soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Danger781 wrote: »
    Bear in mind the OP2 is due out relatively soon..

Also bear in mind it won't be "freely" available until 2016 due to the invite system.

• Advertisement

TBH. just wanted something decent and cheap enough. so the OPO will do fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You just made me buy it!

Extremely tempted myself. I forget about it for a while and then see the thread trending on here. I'll crack soon :pac:

Buy it - Phone is back to his best following the incremental update which fixed the crazy touchscreen issues! Getting good battery usage from it. Phone size, is great, hate using the OH's tiny iphone screen now

Mc Love wrote: »
    Buy it - Phone is back to his best following the incremental update which fixed the crazy touchscreen issues! Getting good battery usage from it. Phone size, is great, hate using the OH's tiny iphone screen now

I've had it since November (I think) and I'd still buy it tomorrow if I was in the market for a phone. Very solid performance, loads of storage (if you buy the 64GB which I assume 90% of people do), a great screen, CyanogenMod OS is efficient and very customisable and the battery just goes and goes. I had a few minor bugs but the updates, particularly the last one took care of them.

Love my OPO!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

anyone know where I can buy one online at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

GeneralC wrote: »
    anyone know where I can buy one online at the moment?
    https://oneplus.net/ie/one

Oh they're sold out.

Should be back in stock soon I'd say.
    Wouldn't buy them off anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

After having heard stuff about the One+1, I (stupidly) wrote it off as a cheapo pretender, but a one of the guys in work has one, and I had a quick play with it.

:o

My god, that's a nice phone.

I'm out of contract on my HTC One (M7) now, and looking for a new phone. Has anyone migrated from HTC to One+1? How does the sound compare? I'm still well impressed with the stereo speakers on the One, obviously the +1 doesn't have them (or does it?)

Not sure if I could be assed waiting for the +2, especially if it's going to be 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Not sure if I could be assed waiting for the +2, especially if it's going to be 2016.

It won't be 2016, it's out in Q3 2015, it just means you'll have to put some effort into getting an invite or wait until there's a plentiful supply in 2016. It's reported as being much more expensive though, $500 as opposed $350 of the +One

If it were me I'd go with the +One, it's tried and tested and the bugs and manufacturing faults are fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Anyone else's ever gone unresponsive and turned off randomly? Happened for the 2nd time this morning, lasted around an hour or two both times. On stock, very little settings changed on the phone.

2 in a few months isn't too bad but if it keeps going I'd rather have it fixed that not. Just wondering if it's something I'm doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

For people who are running Exodus, how often do you install the nightlies?

I'm still super impressed with Exodus after switching a couple of weeks ago and in that time I haven't downloaded any of the OTA updates because I'm happy with the rom as is. Am I missing anything?

For people who are running Exodus, how often do you install the nightlies?

I'm still super impressed with Exodus after switching a couple of weeks ago and in that time I haven't downloaded any of the OTA updates because I'm happy with the rom as is. Am I missing anything?

I've not updated as the latest version needs wipe as it's based on different source code. I'll have time in a few days

After having heard stuff about the One+1, I (stupidly) wrote it off as a cheapo pretender, but a one of the guys in work has one, and I had a quick play with it.

:o

My god, that's a nice phone.

I'm out of contract on my HTC One (M7) now, and looking for a new phone. Has anyone migrated from HTC to One+1? How does the sound compare? I'm still well impressed with the stereo speakers on the One, obviously the +1 doesn't have them (or does it?)

Speakers are plenty loud on the 1+1, my OH agrees, especially with the alarm i have :)

TheGunns wrote: »
    Anyone else's ever gone unresponsive and turned off randomly? Happened for the 2nd time this morning, lasted around an hour or two both times. On stock, very little settings changed on the phone.

2 in a few months isn't too bad but if it keeps going I'd rather have it fixed that not. Just wondering if it's something I'm doing.
    Mine did this before but not on lollipop or since i updated to new incremental update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've not updated as the latest version needs wipe as it's based on different source code. I'll have time in a few days

Which one needs a wipe?

I'm running the nightly from 12th June, will I need to wipe?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Which one needs a wipe?

I'm running the nightly from 12th June, will I need to wipe?

If you installed straight to 5.1 you'll be fine to OTA update. You were supposed to wipe when going from 5.0.2 to 5.1 as it's based on different source code, in fact the nighties stopped for a few weeks because of this until they were ready to release 5.1. I'm still on the last 5.02 nightly which was dated 1st may, Exodus 5.1 was released about 2 weeks ago, the latest nightlies are 5.1.1r4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

If you installed straight to 5.1 you'll be fine to OTA update. You were supposed to wipe when going from 5.0.2 to 5.1 as it's based on different source code, in fact the nighties stopped for a few weeks because of this until they were ready to release 5.1. I'm still on the last 5.02 nightly which was dated 1st may, Exodus 5.1 was released about 2 weeks ago, the latest nightlies are 5.1.1r4

Ah sweet, I clean installed Exodus on 12th as CM12.1 was falling to pieces on my phone. I should be okay to flash the newest nightlies then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

TheGunns wrote: »

Used to happen to me all the time on one of the old firmwares. I'd suggest flashing the latest if you haven't already.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Ah sweet, I clean installed Exodus on 12th as CM12.1 was falling to pieces on my phone. I should be okay to flash the newest nightlies then :D

Yeah, you should be should. As with any ROM be careful of incremental updates. I'd always full wipe every 2-3 updates for the stability it brings, it's cleaner. Get a backup system in place in case something goes wrong and you have to wipe

Big +1 on EXODUS - very smooth & snappy.

If you plan to use any XPOSED modules, the versions to use are here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61471500&postcount=3959

I have dirty flashed a few of the nightly ROMs and am currently on 2206 and it seems to be fine (for all of 1 hour thus far).

As mentioned, make sure you have a good backup regime in place if flashing nightly ROM on a regular basis - the vast majority are good but sods-law dictates that sooner of later one will cause issues.

With regards XPOSED, I currently have the power saving modules (Greenify+, DS battery saver & Amplify) disabled. Trying to gauge what the EXODUS battery performance is like - seems good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any good XPOSED modules or is it worth the hassle?

• Advertisement
Advertisement