Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Thargor wrote: »
    Any good XPOSED modules or is it worth the hassle?

Be careful, not all support 5.1, I made a list of the few I use known to work a few pages back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yeah, you should be should. As with any ROM be careful of incremental updates. I'd always full wipe every 2-3 updates for the stability it brings, it's cleaner. Get a backup system in place in case something goes wrong and you have to wipe

Good thinking, thanks!
    I think I put every nightly from the middle of March to the middle of May onto the phone without a fresh install (only the first one), so I might have ballsed up the phone doing that myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

How long would it take to ship a one plus one to my Irish address these days?

I wanna go for it since I think most of the wrinkles plaguing this device have been finally cleared up...

Its going to be shipped with oxygen or are they still preloading them with CM? I want the 16gb one.

I wanna go for it since I think most of the wrinkles plaguing this device have been finally cleared up...

Its going to be shipped with oxygen or are they still preloading them with CM? I want the 16gb one.

Has always been about 3-4 working days from order, that is if you can get one. It still ships with Cyanogen

Has always been about 3-4 working days from order, that is if you can get one. It still ships with Cyanogen

Is that all the way from China? Just 3 to 4 days...

Is that all the way from China? Just 3 to 4 days...

They ship from Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

For those that were having touchscreen issues, I installed the latest patch today and the improvement is excellent. Haven't had a missed touch all afternoon and I was struggling to get through a short text beforehand.

Link to update: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/cyanogen-os-12-yng1tasi3-ota-released-t3137765

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I installed an update last Friday that was supposed to improve the unresponsive touch. It improved a for about 5 minutes and it's back to it's worst state again now today already.

FitzShane wrote: »
    I installed an update last Friday that was supposed to improve the unresponsive touch. It improved a for about 5 minutes and it's back to it's worst state again now today already.

You'll most likely need to wipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Anyone having any issues with disabling MTP USB connection? I've tried unticking the box but it's just gone unresponsive for a few minutes now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

OnePlus 2 is getting USB type C. Suppose I need to get rid of some of my micro USB cables anyway.

Tweet:

The #OnePlus2 will be the first flagship to use Type C USB. We want to lead the way in power connectivity. pic.twitter.com/lef5ylR7Rr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

You should really go for the 64gb one. I have a 16gb nexus and the lack of space is a disaster. You will find it hard to sell on a 16gb model.

Yup the obligatory "Blackberry Playbook portable charger" post!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Flashed Exodus onto my phone, wow!

Just got the update OTA :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

frantic190 wrote: »
    Flashed Exodus onto my phone, wow!

Wow good/Wow bad?

Care to illuminate us on your observations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

What's the major difference with exodus?

I'm running a cm12.1 nightly from early to mid May and have zero problems and great battery but now you guys have me tempted to change!

I finally got around to re-rooting my phone after installing the OTA update last night. My root privileges disappeared months ago after one of the OTA updates and I never bothered to get it back. I have re-discovered the joy that is Tasker.

Set up a profile today for work - If I am near SSID1/SSID2/SSID3, turn off locations services, put phone on silent, mute media volume, hibernate using greenify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Overall my impressions with this phone is mixed, on CM11 it was battery drain now with CM 12 gps does not work at all, wrong location, does not update even when set to high accuracy mode. hard reset or gps fix apps does not fix problem.

I know it was discussed in earlier post but for clarification can anyone give links on how to install exodus, i think I will give it a go, that or use tethering and use old iphone 5 for gps and maps ;o

• Advertisement

Liquidus wrote: »
    Overall my impressions with this phone is mixed, on CM11 it was battery drain now with CM 12 gps does not work at all, wrong location, does not update even when set to high accuracy mode. hard reset or gps fix apps does not fix problem.

I know it was discussed in earlier post but for clarification can anyone give links on how to install exodus, i think I will give it a go, that or use tethering and use old iphone 5 for gps and maps ;o

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-5-1-1-r4-official-ota-exodus-android-lollipop.278548/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

got the ota hit install boots to twrp, cant find the ota

safetyboy wrote: »

Yeah from what I can tell the OTA feature works well with stock Cyanogen recovery.. and not so well with anything else :o Your best bet is to download the incremental update and try to flash it manually using TWRP. I'm not sure how well that would because I got the OTA with stock recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Pretty sure you are going to have to install the full ROM rather than just the incrememental using TWRP, Just look for the YNG1TAS2I3 full ROM and install that.

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Pretty sure you are going to have to install the full ROM rather than just the incrememental using TWRP, Just look for the YNG1TAS2I3 full ROM and install that.

Will that wipe my phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Will that wipe my phone?
    No, but you will need to re-root by running SuperSU in TWRP again ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Back in stock.

Wiped and installed the latest Exodus nightly and then flashed Xposed, it really is the perfect ROM, performance is amazing and i can't find a single bug.

Paully D wrote: »
    Back in stock.

Just tried to buy it, its out of stock now If it was in stock earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Overheating Overheating Overheating
    So tired of this. Did a factory reset set a few weeks back with little benefit. No obvious app is causing it. Battery life is a disaster.
    Any ideas/suggestions?
    I'm on Android 5.0.2 and cyanogen 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know if the 16GB is sold out for good?

• Advertisement

Brego888 wrote: »
    So tired of this. Did a factory reset set a few weeks back with little benefit. No obvious app is causing it. Battery life is a disaster.
    Any ideas/suggestions?

I've never noticed the phone overheating except for the rare occasion I have mobile data + GPS + screen on. Also on cyanogen 12 and my battery is fine. Lasts the whole day for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just tried to buy it, its out of stock now If it was in stock earlier.

Which one mate? 64GB seems to still be available. I've literally just screenshot the below:

6d4f1fa86a2dbe2af39d69eb7256aaeb.png

Found a bug in Exodus, I did a wipe install of the nightly dated 22/6 and I'm having an issue with Wi-Fi dropping and reconnecting every few minutes. Anyone else encountering this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Found a bug in Exodus, I did a wipe install of the nightly dated 22/6 and I'm having an issue with Wi-Fi dropping and reconnecting every few minutes. Anyone else encountering this?

On same nighly and haven't noticed, not able to test right now, have you checked under advanced wifi settings if its set to stay on during sleep?

sentient_6 wrote: »
    On same nighly and haven't noticed, not able to test right now, have you checked under advanced wifi settings if its set to stay on during sleep?

Yes, it's set to always on. I have Wi-Fi settings set to give a toast notification so i see it every time it drops. I usually have a Wi-Fi manager app installed, I'm gonna remove it and see how it goes.
    Did you wipe flash to that nightly or OTA update to it?

Yes, it's set to always on. I have Wi-Fi settings set to give a toast notification so i see it every time it drops. I usually have a Wi-Fi manager app installed, I'm gonna remove it and see how it goes.
    Did you wipe flash to that nightly or OTA update to it?

Did a clean install when 5.1 first came out a few weeks back but dirty flashing nighlies since, installed 22nd over 17th.

Fix possibly here in the xda thread maybe:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/official-vaniraosp-t2890749/page408

sentient_6 wrote: »

Thanks, just edited the file there will see how it behaves.

Edit, no joy, still dropping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Guys, anyone having issues charging the phone?? Currently, the only way I can charge it is to plug it in and out repeatedly until it eventually catches. Very annoying

Paully D wrote: »
    Which one mate? 64GB seems to still be available. I've literally just screenshot the below:

6d4f1fa86a2dbe2af39d69eb7256aaeb.png

16gb model, its enough space for me and I like the white back more then the sandstone back.

• Advertisement

updated min elost root and twrp, this phone is beginning to be a nuisance

updated min elost root and twrp, this phone is beginning to be a nuisance

You always lose root when you update if the update is non rooted. The latest TWRP was posted a few pages back

tried installing supersu through twrp still no joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Type C USB cable confirmed for the OnePlus 2

1-jpg.324433
    6-jpg.324438

tried installing supersu through twrp still no joy

Is there a setting in developer options to enable root? Here is the latest version of TWRP https://dl.twrp.me/bacon/twrp-2.8.6.1-bacon.img.html

Is there a setting in developer options to enable root? Here is the latest version of TWRP https://dl.twrp.me/bacon/twrp-2.8.6.1-bacon.img.html

No but there is an option for not updating stock recovery which should be checked if you want to keep TWRP. I lost root during the last OTA, had to go through the whole re-rooting process again and re-flash TWRP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Wiped and installed the latest Exodus nightly and then flashed Xposed, it really is the perfect ROM, performance is amazing and i can't find a single bug.

What is xposed?

padair wrote: »
    What is xposed?

This sums it up nicely enough:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/everything-you-need-know-get-strated-using-xposed-framework

TL;DR It's a framework that allows you to do additional things with your phone that you otherwise couldn't do.

padair wrote: »
    What is xposed?

It's a whole new level ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Brego888 wrote: »
    Any ideas/suggestions?

I used to have this problem until I updated to Exodus and now I haven't seen it at all in the couple of weeks that I've been running Exodus. So my advice would be to give Exodus a try.

Advertisement