Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

treade1 wrote: »
    The only difference between the 2 problems is that yours is showing android system draining alot of the battery. This didn't show up as a problem for me last week. It was just google services draining 10% of the battery although in reality it was alot more than that.

Yeah, that's what has me confused, also Calendar, Sheets etc. showing loads of wakelocks, I rarely, if ever, use the Google Drive apps on my phone.

That plus the incessant notification noises leads me to think that there is something wrong with my Google accounts, but I did a full factory reset and nothing changed. Totally stumped...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Does anyone know where you could pick up a black case for the one plus one, they seem to be out of stick everywhere... Or failing that is there a similar generic one that is good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you could pick up a black case for the one plus one, they seem to be out of stick everywhere... Or failing that is there a similar generic one that is good?

I have this, adds very little bulk to what's already a big phone
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diztronic-Flexible-TPU-Case-OnePlus-Matte-Black/dp/B00MBS1NA0

I have this, adds very little bulk to what's already a big phone
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diztronic-Flexible-TPU-Case-OnePlus-Matte-Black/dp/B00MBS1NA0

+1 to this, great little case, sits above the screen and is barely there.

I use this with a tempered glass screen protector and it's a fairly bombproof setup.

If it's of any interest to anyone I seem to have sorted my awful battery drain issues.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Play Services last night for the second time, but as expected it made no difference.

As it was Android System, and Google apps that seemed to be causing the problem I bit the bullet and deleted all data for Android System, Google App, Calendar, Gmail, Sheets etc. There were some big totals in there; Gmail alone had a data total of nearly 400mb.

Rebooted and charged to 100%, has been unplugged since 10pm last night and here are the results so far:

UcemCjg.png?1

Huge change, awake time practically 100% less than it has been all week. I don't understand what I did, but the main thing is it worked.

Thanks for the input treade1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Does initiating a call from Google now or Android wear work for anyone on this phone? I've tried every rom under the sun and had two of these phones and it has never worked for me and I'm still clueless as to what might be wrong. If I tell Google now to call someone then it'll just put the number in the dialler and sit there and it's the same when using my watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Does initiating a call from Google now or Android wear work for anyone on this phone? I've tried every rom under the sun and had two of these phones and it has never worked for me and I'm still clueless as to what might be wrong. If I tell Google now to call someone then it'll just put the number in the dialler and sit there and it's the same when using my watch.

It's to do with the format of the number so for example if its 086.... change it to +35386...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Ush1 wrote: »
    It's to do with the format of the number so for example if its 086.... change it to +35386...

Thanks very much! I've been chasing a fix for this for ages without any success and now its working great.

Thanks very much! I've been chasing a fix for this for ages without any success and now its working great.

Get yourself a contacts optimiser app. This one sorted all my contacts, merged and deleted, capitalised, has an option to edit international code to all with single click. Worked flawlessly, worth paying for.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.compelson.optimizer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Any solutions to the crappy battery life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I'm using sultanxda's CM13 rom and have no battery issues. Never had with any other rom either mind you.

I'm using sultanxda's CM13 rom and have no battery issues. Never had with any other rom either mind you.

Same, zero battery problems. It's how you use it

Get some apps to see what's causing the drain.
    GSam Battery Monitor and Wakelock detector are 2 good places to start.

Took me a while to figure it out but I got my battery life from a terrible 4 hours back to over 24, good as new on a 12-month-old handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Same, zero battery problems. It's how you use it

That's what she said............:pac:

Ah no I have zero battery issues as well and I got my Oneplus, around the end of September the first year they were released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

For Exodus rom users, head over to xda for 6.0.1 out since 11th march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

blobbie wrote: »

I'm reluctant to flash mine as sultans cm13 so stable. I've not encountered a single bug or crash, I'm afraid to update to the latest nightly even, am running a version from 1st Feb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Guys, can anyone tell me how to get MMS messages enabled on the OPO? I'm on Vodafone and have MMS enabled in SMS settings etc.

I don't use MMS at all myself but I find not having it enabled causes two problems:-

1. I can't send multi recipient messages. If I try to send a message to 4 or 5 recipients it just fails to send.

2. Now and again people send me pictures by MMS which I don't receive at all but days or even a week later I get a text from Vodafone saying there is an MMS message waiting for me at www.vodafone.ie/mms and a password for retrieving it. The latest occurrence of this problem, and the reason I'm now determined to fix it, is that I just got a screenshot from a friend of mine showing a golf booking at a really good course he had and was looking for a partner to join him - FOR LAST SATURDAY :(

Any ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Any ideas? Tell them to pull their heads out of the stone age and send the picture by whatsapp or viber. ****ing mms.

Are there any money off vouchers these days or is the offer over

• Advertisement

dubmess wrote: »
    If it's of any interest to anyone I seem to have sorted my awful battery drain issues.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Play Services last night for the second time, but as expected it made no difference.

As it was Android System, and Google apps that seemed to be causing the problem I bit the bullet and deleted all data for Android System, Google App, Calendar, Gmail, Sheets etc. There were some big totals in there; Gmail alone had a data total of nearly 400mb.

Rebooted and charged to 100%, has been unplugged since 10pm last night and here are the results so far:

UcemCjg.png?1

Huge change, awake time practically 100% less than it has been all week. I don't understand what I did, but the main thing is it worked.

Thanks for the input treade1
    Where did you do this?

My battery drained 41% over night without even picking the phone up - 91% of this was app usage (35% Android system, 13% FB messenger, 10.2% Kernel (Android OS), 7.3% Google Services, 6.6% System UI and 6.3% Google App).

Anyone have any idea of a fix? I can't install a custom ROM because of my job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I have installed sultans rom now my phone cant be read in my computer on the PC, it sees the phone but I cant access folders. any ideas

Check if you can change usb options in the notification drawer after connecting?

And also make sure your screen is on and phone unlocked, ie not on lockscreen when you connect.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Exodus rom has updated to Marshmallow, if you're interested in a change.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/rom-exodus-android-6-oneplus-2-t3333818

Been on it for a day or two, seems very smooth.

MarkR wrote: »
    Exodus rom has updated to Marshmallow, if you're interested in a change.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/rom-exodus-android-6-oneplus-2-t3333818

Been on it for a day or two, seems very smooth.

How is battery life? Mine is gone almost unusable on stock CM - only getting about 9 hours with normal use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

Has anyone had a screen repaired in Dublin and if where and what price cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Not sure where to get a screen replacemed in Dublin but I have replaced 2 myself. Not that difficult at all - see my thread a few pages back.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

How is battery life? Mine is gone almost unusable on stock CM - only getting about 9 hours with normal use

Usually charge it once a day, don't notice any remarkable differences, just seems a little more robust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

digitaldr wrote: »
    Not sure where to get a screen replacemed in Dublin but I have replaced 2 myself. Not that difficult at all - see my thread a few pages back.
    I have a oppo find 7a do u know if they are the same screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not a hope. Check Aliexpress for a seller with good reviews and pick UPS or Fed Ex delivery if you want it fast, be sure you're buying the full screen assembly and not just a replacement digitizer layer...

Does anybody here use three's 4G with their OPO?
    My download speeds are 1.5Mbps and upload is a massive 13.8Mbps. Why is there a significant difference in upload and download? I would not be complaining is the speeds were the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Does anybody here use three's 4G with their OPO? My download speeds are 1.5Mbps and upload is a massive 13.8Mbps. Why is there a significant difference in upload and download? I would not be complaining is the speeds were the other way around.

Try turning the sim the other way round.

Seriously though, I'm with 3 and have no problems with 4G.

Seriously though, I'm with 3 and have no problems with 4G.

The OPO does not support 800mhz (band 20) which is mostly used for rural 4g.

The OPO does not support 800mhz (band 20) which is mostly used for rural 4g.

Damn it I am in a rural location and phone says LTE with full bars and as I said previously I am getting amazing upload speeds but terrible download.

If your getting lte then its not the phone rather your **** network.

• Advertisement

Damn it I am in a rural location and phone says LTE with full bars and as I said previously I am getting amazing upload speeds but terrible download.

Good signal does not mean good speeds. If you have a good signal then signal is not the issue but the network itself, overloaded or lack of backhaul

There are 2 bands used for 4g, 800mhz band 20 and 1800mhz band 3. The OPO only supports 1800mhz band 3

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

What's the delivery time like for this phone? Ordered one today with priority shipping, be nice to have it before the weekend.

What's the delivery time like for this phone? Ordered one today with priority shipping, be nice to have it before the weekend.

Usually 3-4 days. Order now chances are you'll have it Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

Usually 3-4 days. Order now chances are you'll have it Friday

I ordered it about an hour ago, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

OP are cutting it fine to deliver Marshmallow by Q1 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

They'll probably deliver a build on Friday labelled Marshmallow, but it'll actually be JellyBean :D

Seriously, go custom if you want the latest software.
    Been on MM for almost 3 months now, no problems :)

They seem to have Marshmallow out last minute on the OP2 - as expected they will miss the OPO deadline. Is anybody surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

They seem to have Marshmallow out last minute on the OP2 - as expected they will miss the OPO deadline. Is anybody surprised?

Not in the slightest! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Hi, I just got a opo on adverts and I'm having some issues with WiFi. Its android 5.1.1 and CM 12.1.1. It connects to the WiFi but then goes slow and stops altogether quite quickly. Has anyone got any solutions for this baring in mind I've minimal tech knowledge. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Patww79 wrote: »
    Anyone have any bother with these charging really slowly? The Mrs' one has just started today showing a '4hrs until fully charged' message and only picking up 25% or so in an hour. Tried 3 different chargers but all are the same.

Phone is on 5.1.1 (12.1.1 Cyanogen version).

Are all the chargers 2 amps?

Use the Ampere app to get a reading
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere

5dmfe9.png

Also rebooted and tried in Airplane mode but still very slow.

That's a good reading, remember the screen is on and there are apps running in the background. My best lead and charger combination gives about the same

• Advertisement
Advertisement