Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Patww79 wrote: »

That's seems about right really, though might the battery itself be getting a little past it? Ya can't beat a good USB cable too. The OEM cable that came with the phone is decent. Are you using that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hasn't been used in ages, I think it got a bit dodgy. But it had been charging fine with the cable from my tablet or some Anker ones from Amazon for ages until yesterday.

I use these ones, great quality, great charging speeds with them.
    Anker® 3 Premium 3ft Micro USB Cable Pack High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NAN3O20/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_kHO.wbVRTZ9SK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Anyone on Three have issues with the network jumping from 4g/3g '3IRL' network to this other '3' network which tells me I'm roaming and kills all my data?

I've been having this issue for at least 6 months now, happens about 5/6 times a day to the point where I have to check my phone pretty often and manually force it to the '3IRL' network to get data back up again.

6UYTuPN.png?1

I've been in touch with Three and checked all settings are as they should be so they are suggesting it might be the handset.
    I don't have a spare phone to put my sim in and check so wondering if anyone else has had the same?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

dubmess wrote: »
    Anyone on Three have issues with the network jumping from 4g/3g '3IRL' network to this other '3' network which tells me I'm roaming and kills all my data?

I've been having this issue for at least 6 months now, happens about 5/6 times a day to the point where I have to check my phone pretty often and manually force it to the '3IRL' network to get data back up again.

6UYTuPN.png?1

I've been in touch with Three and checked all settings are as they should be so they are suggesting it might be the handset.
    I don't have a spare phone to put my sim in and check so wondering if anyone else has had the same?

Cheers.

They're lying. This is as known issue and isn't the handset. You are going to Vodafone for 2g and not returning. Three don't have their own 2g network and have a roaming deal with Vodafone. This fix is to manually turn on airplane mode and off again

They're lying. This is as known issue and isn't the handset. You are going to Vodafone for 2g and not returning. Three don't have their own 2g network and have a roaming deal with Vodafone. This fix is to manually turn on airplane mode and off again

Aha! Thanks for that... I figured it didn't make sense that the handset could be causing it. It's an absolute pain...

At least flicking airplane mode on/off is a lot quicker than going into my network settings. Cheers!

• Advertisement

Marshmallow possibly dropping this weekend, for those of us who are too afraid to root :)

http://www.xda-developers.com/android-6-0-marshmallow-for-oneplus-one-rolling-out-tomorrow/

In fact just got notification that it's available for download right now!

LpCpzNl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Is there a download link available?

SickBoy wrote: »
    Is there a download link available?

I have cyanogen update tracker installed and that included the zip file in the notification. You'll find it in the play store.

Is this update coming as an OTA?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Pretty easy to just install on your phone with the zip file though.

Although I think I'm going to wait a few days and see what people are saying about it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

davo2001 wrote: »

Been on it a few days now and my WiFi is gone nuts. Keeps telling me there is no internet connection available but a refresh displays whatever I'm trying to see straight away.very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone else getting it OTA? I'm still waiting on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

No update received yet

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting it OTA? I'm still waiting on it.

Annoyingly I rooted my phone, did nothing with it, then unrooted it, which I believe rules me out of any future OTA updates, also can't install the incremental so have to wait for the full build zip to come out.

If your phone is stock just install Cyanogen Update Tracker from the Play Store and it'll give you the incremental zip file.

There are wiser minds than me on here that will give you sounder advice, but the last update I did from stock was installed following this method:

http://www.androidbeat.com/2015/04/how-to-sideload-cyanogen-os-12-update-oneplus-one/

Can't test it now as my phone has been rooted sine I installed OS 12 so maybe someone else on here could verify this method as safe?

I tried that and it wouldnt work funnily enough :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cyanogen Update Tracker method worked fine for me, return of proper silent mode, hurrah!

Got it working now, did I need to wipe cache or anything first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm rooted on 12.1-YOG4PAS3JL with TWRP 2.8.7.0 and SuperSU Free (CM) v2.65 installed.

I keep getting a notice to update to 12.1-YOG7DAS2K1 but when I go to install the update I get a warning that "Update Cyanogen recovery is disabled" and it asks me to enable "Update Cyanogen recovery in Developer Options".

It's so long since I updated or flashed anything (this OPO has been a so good I've done zero messing around with ROM's on it) so I'm looking for some refresher advice.

What should I do? Can I skip the 12.1 update and go straight to 13.0 as mentioned in the previous page and could I do that via the Cyanogen Update Tracker? Will I have to reinstall all my apps and reformat my home screens etc?

Given how stable the device is perhaps I don't need to be rooted any more, I can't even remember the benefits of rooting now other than getting the most from GSam and Greenify etc.

Would someone mind getting me up to speed? Should I just to a full wipe and reinstall of 13.0 and if so could you link to the best process to follow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I couldn't get into recovery the way Cyanogen Update Tracker was saying (when I held power + vol down, the phone would just turn off), so I had to do it the way the link above said by enabling it in developer options and using the reboot menu.

You press power + vol down when the phone is turned off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers.. got my Marshmallow update too via Update Loader!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

maximoose wrote: »
    Cyanogen Update Tracker method worked fine for me, return of proper silent mode, hurrah!

To get silent mode, you just kept your finger on volume down button.

Just re-subbed to this thread after a long hiatus. I was still on Exodus until today!! :) Anyway flashed CM13 (thanks mass_debater) and have CyanDelta installed now. Just one question: are all you guys still using ColorOS Camera? Or is the CM13 camera app as good if not better?

Just re-subbed to this thread after a long hiatus. I was still on Exodus until today!! :) Anyway flashed CM13 (thanks mass_debater) and have CyanDelta installed now. Just one question: are all you guys still using ColorOS Camera? Or is the CM13 camera app as good if not better?

Hi Rocky White Rugby,

I'm kinda similar to you. I have this phone since shortly after it was launched and am still entirely happy with it, so much so that I haven't been tinkering with it at all and I'm very rusty when it comes to flashing ROM's etc.

Would you mind linking to the instructions you followed for updating to CM13? I think it's time for me to bite the bullet, do a full wipe and install CM13.

I'm currently rooted on 12.1-YOG4PAS3JL with TWRP 2.8.7.0 and SuperSU Free (CM) v2.65 installed.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Hi Rocky White Rugby,

I'm kinda similar to you. I have this phone since shortly after it was launched and am still entirely happy with it, so much so that I haven't been tinkering with it at all and I'm very rusty when it comes to flashing ROM's etc.

Would you mind linking to the instructions you followed for updating to CM13? I think it's time for me to bite the bullet, do a full wipe and install CM13.

I'm currently rooted on 12.1-YOG4PAS3JL with TWRP 2.8.7.0 and SuperSU Free (CM) v2.65 installed.

Thanks.

Hi Je_suis_Jean.

Do you want to keep your custom recovery? Easiest thing to do would be to wait until the full zip of COS 13 is available. When that is out use an app called Flashify to update TWRP to the latest version (https://twrp.me/). Then flash COS 13 zip via TWRP and wipe cach/Dalvik. Nice guide below.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-clean-installation-update-or-a-deep-clean-data-wipe-to-your-oneplus-one.141665/

If you can't wait for the full zip your other option is to go back to stock 12.1 and update like other posters have done here via Cyanogen Update Tracker. This is probably more effort!

Keep an eye on https://cyngn.com/support for COS 13 zip and 12.1 is there now if you want to go back to stock.

I am on CM13 Snapshot and patiently waiting on the full zip too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rochey18 wrote: »
    To get silent mode, you just kept your finger on volume down button.

That went to "Do not disturb" which stupidly included alarms. They've fixed it now so it's alarms only, result.

After the update the vibration feedback on double tap to wake has stopped, any way to turn this back on? Had a look through settings but can't seem to find it

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Hi Je_suis_Jean.

Do you want to keep your custom recovery? Easiest thing to do would be to wait until the full zip of COS 13 is available. When that is out use an app called Flashify to update TWRP to the latest version (https://twrp.me/). Then flash COS 13 zip via TWRP and wipe cach/Dalvik. Nice guide below.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-clean-installation-update-or-a-deep-clean-data-wipe-to-your-oneplus-one.141665/

If you can't wait for the full zip your other option is to go back to stock 12.1 and update like other posters have done here via Cyanogen Update Tracker. This is probably more effort!

Keep an eye on https://cyngn.com/support for COS 13 zip and 12.1 is there now if you want to go back to stock.

I am on CM13 Snapshot and patiently waiting on the full zip too!

Cheers Metalpanic, appreciate the info.

I'm not in a mad rush to update so I'll wait for the full 13.0 zip to come out. I already have Flashify so hopefully it will be relatively straightforward.

Cheers Metalpanic, appreciate the info.

I'm not in a mad rush to update so I'll wait for the full 13.0 zip to come out. I already have Flashify so hopefully it will be relatively straightforward.

I was in the same boat when I flashed the CM13 Snapshot. It had been so long since I had flashed a ROM had to Google everything!

Just open Flashify and allow it to have root access if prompted. Select Flash recovery image and it will let you download TWRP from there or select it from your device if you manually DL'd it. Once TWRP is updated you just have to play the waiting game!

Now I'm thinking I didn't go through the right process: I downloaded Pico Gapps and the latest CM13 snapshot on my phone. I rebooted into TWRP, did a factory wipe and then installed the two zips followed by a Dalvik wipe.

lol! :D I'm thinking from the posts above that I didn't follow the right process and I've done things arseways!

All the different versions of Cyanogen are confusing. COS is Cyanogen OS and CM13 is CyanogenMod 13 ...correct?

Now I'm thinking I didn't go through the right process: I downloaded Pico Gapps and the latest CM13 snapshot on my phone. I rebooted into TWRP, did a factory wipe and then installed the two zips followed by a Dalvik wipe.

lol! :D I'm thinking from the posts above that I didn't follow the right process and I've done things arseways!

All the different versions of Cyanogen are confusing. COS is Cyanogen OS and CM13 is CyanogenMod 13 ...correct?

Hi Rocky White Rugby,

Yes you are right, CM13 is Cyanogen Mod, a community build. COS is Cyanogen OS the official builds. So the snapshot you are on is CM but is still Android 6. The only thing is it is missing a few updates to apps that are on COS, like camera, gallery, audiofx etc. I think (open to correction here).

From what you have described you installed CM13 snapshot correctly, so just wait for the full COS 13 zip and flash it via TWRP if you prefer to be on COS. With the COS builds you won't need to install Gapps as they are included.

Metalpanic wrote: »
    so just wait for the full COS 13 zip and flash it via TWRP if you prefer to be on COS. With the COS builds you won't need to install Gapps as they are included.
    Winner winner chicken dinner right there for me!!

Is COS 13 rooted or do you have to do that separately and if so what are the upsides/downsides of rooting? Although I'm currently rooted I'm tempted to revert to a fairly stock CM setup with auto updates etc.

• Advertisement

Winner winner chicken dinner right there for me!!

Is COS 13 rooted or do you have to do that separately and if so what are the upsides/downsides of rooting? Although I'm currently rooted I'm tempted to revert to a fairly stock CM setup with auto updates etc.

It has a root function yes. You can activate it in developer options on the phone. You probably have that already but just in case Settings > About Phone > Tap Build Number 5 times. Settings > Developer Options > Root Access > Apps only (or whatever your preference).

The quick unlock seems to have disappered with the update :(

So I need a bit of advice on how to get to COS 13 without screwing up my phone.

I rooted a while back, just for the sake of it, and to install a couple of root apps. I've never flashed any custom ROMs and to be honest wouldn't even know how to.

As far as I'm aware I will no longer get OTA updates as I'm rooted, is this correct? I tried installing the incremental update but just kept getting errors.

Can I just wait until the full COS 13 zip file is available and install via recovery on the phone or am I going to have to do anything else?

Bear in mind I'm not au fait with TWRP, recovery images or anything technical like that. I also don't have access to a pc if anything has to be done that way.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭chrisire

Hi i just did a clean install of cm13 and now when i try to install an app thats not from the app store i get an error saying "package installer has stopped".
    Anyone know how i can fix this,thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement