Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam Emails

Options
  • 20-08-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

i know i have asked about this before, and i know its completely out of your control - re the amount of spam emails i get on a daily basis from phishing services asking me to click a link or confirm my details etc. i know all of these are fake and i know not to click on them.. however, its difficult to ignore such large amounts of these on a daily basis.. i got about 7 of them yesterday and about 5 so far today.. i delete and mark them as spam but each time i get one it comes from a different address so its very difficult to actually get them to stop.

i also forward a handful every now and then to fraud@bankofireland.com (or some email like that)

just wondering if there is any scope on these types of emails and if there is anything trying to be done about them.. i know they are totally out of control of BOI and i normally wouldn't raise such a thing but the sheer number of emails i get is just frustrating at this point

thanks!

Robert

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Robert, 

Good to hear from you again. 

There are a number of phishing emails in circulation, claiming to come from Bank of Ireland and also from many other financial institutions. Email addresses can be obtained from publicly available sources or through randomly generated lists so the more your email address is “out there”, the higher the chances are that it can fall into the wrong hands. 

Most email applications have spam folders so you may be able to configure the settings and filter more of the spam to automatically go to the spam folder. 

The email address for suspected BOI phishing is 365security@boi.com When the team receive a phishing email, claiming to come from Bank of Ireland, they have wide-ranging procedures in place. The sooner they receive notification of a phishing email, the faster they can act on it so please continue to forward any suspected BOI phishing emails to this address. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement