Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Xbox one second hand

Options
  • 20-08-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Im just wondering if I buy a second hand xbox one with games already downloaded onto it and then I sign in with my profile will I still be able to play these game's?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The short answer is no.

The long answer is, if the person you are buying from leaves their profile active on the system, and has it set as their home console, then yes. However, they'd be leaving themselves wide open for you to buy stuff on their account / pose as them.

Alternatively, It might be possible to "buy" their account details off them - i.e. you get their gamertag, username and password to their account, but microsoft dont allow this. You could then clear the friends list, and change your gamertag and start afresh. however, the console account will still be registered in the name of the original owner.

Also, unless the seller is relatively new to xbox, and doesnt have any gamerscore, you may find it hard to get someone to go along with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Yeah I was tthinking that just wanted to know for sure. I would want to keep my old profile too anyway so it wouldn't work. Thanks

Advertisement