Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Sector - Maternity Benefit - Pay to Bank or Employer?

Options
  • 20-08-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi First timer, just wondering re: new maternity benefit, which method of payment is better, to get paid maternity benefit paid directly to your bank or to have maternity benefit paid to the employer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Berries 10 wrote: »
    Hi First timer, just wondering re: new maternity benefit, which method of payment is better, to get paid maternity benefit paid directly to your bank or to have maternity benefit paid to the employer?

What does your contract say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

You might not have a choice. Public sector here and it cannot come through employer, has to go to the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

And in my public sector job, I was requested that it be paid directly to my employer! Best thing is to ask someone in hr or payroll.

Advertisement