Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options
  • 20-08-2014 2:07pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭

No Brucie this year! YAY! About time, the poor man needed a rest!

Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman are the co-presenters.

Disappointing line up so far announced;

Thom Evans

Model and rugby player Thom Evans played for Scotland between 2008 and 2010 and had stints with London Wasps and Glasgow Warriors, before a serious neck injury called time on his career. The 29-year-old also dated model Kelly Brook in 2010.

Alison Hammond

After gaining fame as a Big Brother housemate in 2002, the Birmingham native is no stranger to high-profile TV: right now, she is mostly known as the showbiz reporter on ITV’s This Morning

Judy Murray

Andy Murray's Mum.

Frankie Bridge

Frankie From The Saturday's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I dont think its dissapointing.
    Cant wait for it to start
    Theyve just announced the guy from blue Simon Webbe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mark Wright (TOWIE)
    Sunetra Sarker (Casualty Actor)
    Jake Wood (Eastender Actor)

Have all been added to the Strictly lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I think it's shaping up to be a fairly decent line up. My only concern is that they have finally stooped to the levels of booking someone from TOWIE. I always credited Strictly for avoiding them up to this point.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea I agree with your TOWIE remark! I have to take back my original comment the line up isn't as bad as I first thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

When is this series starting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bopper wrote: »
    I think it's shaping up to be a fairly decent line up. My only concern is that they have finally stooped to the levels of booking someone from TOWIE. I always credited Strictly for avoiding them up to this point.

Would Andy Murray's mammy be lower than a TOWIE star celeb wise :p

When is this series starting?

No official start date has been set but the first show of the series will be pre-recorded on September 3, signalling an early September start date.

Much like xfactor only announced their start date 9 days before it's set to launch it looks like Strictly will do the same.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Lower famous wise yes, lower on the tack-o-meter, no ;)

Yes she would be less known but I didn't mean Mark was the least famous. I said I was concerned that Strictly have gone down the route of booking someone like him. Until now it seemed to be the only celeb reality show where you could guarantee we wouldn't be subjected to someone from TOWIE/Geordie Shore/Made in Chelsea etc.

I also have no idea what Judy Murray is like, I've only ever seen a picture of her. So I could end up loving her or loathing her on the show, I'll just have to wait and see. I do know however that Mark's "fick essex boy" routine will grate on me about 10 seconds into his VT.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes she would be less known but I didn't mean Mark was the least famous. I said I was concerned that Strictly have gone down the route of booking someone like him. Until now it seemed to be the only celeb reality show where you could guarantee we wouldn't be subjected to someone from TOWIE/Geordie Shore/Made in Chelsea etc.

I also have no idea what Judy Murray is like, I've only ever seen a picture of her. So I could end up loving her or loathing her on the show, I'll just have to wait and see. I do know however that Mark's "fick essex boy" routine will grate on me about 10 seconds into his VT.

Was Mark brought in to lure his other half Michelle Keegan aka Tina from Corrie to the show?

It was bound to happen someone from those trashy reality shows would be on SCD as they are running out of "celebs" :p

X Factor's Marcus Collins wants to do the show and dance with his fella Robin Windsor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It was bound to happen someone from those trashy reality shows would be on SCD as they are running out of "celebs" :p

Probably just as well that Bruce decided to call it a day, then... :o;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The last time I watched Strictly was the year Penny Lancaster was in it. Since then, I haven't watched it cos I got too hooked on X Factor, but Im tiring of X Factor so I reckon I'm gonna get stuck into Strictly this year.

Pixie Lott is the 11th person to be announced for strictly this year.

Good addition to the lineup.

Caroline Flack confirmed too, lots of "totty" this year it seems!

Caroline Flack confirmed too, lots of "totty" this year it seems!

That'll teach Simon for sacking her haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Very excited to see Pixie Lott. She's so cute.

So glad James Jordan is gone. He always seemed to have a chip on his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

When will Gregg Wallace first say "dancing doesn't get tougher than this!" :D

Judy Murray is a huge name in the world of tennis - current captain of the Fed Cup team. She's been involved in coaching in British tennis for years. Most people will just know her as "Andy's mammy" who cheers him on but she's achieved a lot more in her career than some of the deadbeats they have on it, such as the guy from Towie and Caroline Flack.

Really hope to see Andy Murray in the audience

Gregg Wallace, Jennifer Gibney and Tim Wonnacott have rounded out the Strictly Come Dancing cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Artem is gone :(

• Advertisement

shinny wrote: »
    Artem is gone :(

He's on the upcoming series of the US version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Loughc wrote: »
    Gregg Wallace, Jennifer Gibney and Tim Wonnacott have rounded out the Strictly Come Dancing cast.

Probably fair to say that Tim will be this year's novelty act... :o:D;)

Haha yea I was thinking the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

SCD starts Sunday 7th September at 8pm. Yay \O/

Can't wait
    Can't wait
    Saturday night sorted till Christmas

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Can't wait
    Can't wait
    Saturday night sorted till Christmas

Don't forget the launch show is just where the pros and celebs get paired up, then it isn't on again until the end of September after they've had a few weeks to learn how to dance! ;)

Don't forget the launch show is just where the pros and celebs get paired up, then it isn't on again until the end of September after they've had a few weeks to learn how to dance! ;)

I know, I've watched it every year.
    Still excited though

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Looks like a good (if very young lineup), which may not suit some of the older viewers in knowing who they are, but may like looking at them so that will help. I didn't get into last year, couldn't hack Brucie any longer so hopefully this year goes well for Claudia. I'm humming the theme tune as I type this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Lurve Greg Wallace! Really can't take to Claudia Winkleman - something odd about her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I really like Claudia. She's quirky and funny. I always feel she much better at the backstage chat with the contestants than Tess is. I'm really looking forward to the new series.

Advertisement