Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

I've never been so angry watching Strictly.
    How the fcuk is Scott still in it.
    Scott is pure and utter rubbish. He is probably the worse celebrity ever to be on Strictly. At least Ann Widecome, John Seargant, Tony Jacklin etc. were all old. Scott has no excuse. He's young and healthy, but he's still useless.

You'll find at this stage, that it's more a popularity contest than a dance one. Thom wasn't popular, nor is Kristina.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Heroditas

368100 wrote: »
    Watched her closely during karma khameleon, she looked like she was getting it hard to keep up alright.....aliona was streets ahead and didn't look as strained.

She's absolutely dire! Tonight was a prime example. Not only did she find it hard to keep up with the pace but her shape was awful and her footwork was sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

You'll find at this stage, that it's more a popularity contest than a dance one. Thom wasn't popular, nor is Kristina.

I think the public don't like Simon and he would have been out tonight was it not for Len, this was Simons second time in a dance off, Craig and Darcy wanted Thom to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I've never been so angry watching Strictly.

How the fcuk is Scott still in it.

Scott is pure and utter rubbish. He is probably the worse celebrity ever to be on Strictly. At least Ann Widecome, John Seargant, Tony Jacklin etc. were all old. Scott has no excuse. He's young and healthy, but he's still useless.

Just not having the natural ability is his excuse, but he's learning the steps and taking on the criticism, which is all he can do. It's not his fault he's still in, it's the people voting for him. Also he's 40, which I know is not "old", but he's no spring chicken either, especially as someone with no kind of athletic or dance background.

Unfortunately every year there's always a "shock" exit relatively early on, but really Thom didn't have a hope of winning. I definitely think he deserved another 2-3 weeks at least, but he was too bland to ever pick up a significant amount of support.

I actually think Simon going home tonight would have been a good result, and that Len and Bruno were really foolish to send Thom home over him. Thom being in the bottom two this week might have encouraged voters to save him next week, but Simon is just so miserable and and impossible to warm to that I'd imagine he'll be in the bottom two every week before he leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Is it Simon or kristina people don't like. Personally I can't stand her. Even if she was dancing with the best dancer in the world I'd still be glad to see her go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Is it Simon or kristina people don't like. Personally I can't stand her. Even if she was dancing with the best dancer in the world I'd still be glad to see her go

I reckon it's Kristina. She makes the dances all about herself and perhaps the "behind the scenes" stuff doesn't sit well with viewers, i.e. the fact that she can't be paired with married men!

Snoopy1 wrote: »

I don't think she's well liked, but in most cases it usually seems to be the celeb that drives the votes. Simon is a better dancer than Ben Cohen was last year, but Ben came across very likeable and him and Kristina avoided the dance off until they left in week 9. She also made the finals with Jason Donovan.

Simon looks disgusted whenever he gets the tiniest bit of criticism, and poor Claudia can't seem to muster a smile from him no matter how hard she tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Not going to really miss Thoms dancing (though it was improving) but I will miss looking at that amazing face!

Not going to really miss Thoms dancing (though it was improving) but I will miss looking at that amazing face!

I think the producers presumed he'd last a few more weeks and were saving inevitable shirtless Paso Doble for later. They probably regret it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Came across this on TV Cream...

15.45 Holiday of My Lifetime with Len Goodman

Sad to report we haven’t watched any of this (“Well done!” – Jeremy Vine) though if you’re in work when it’s on it looks like it’ll be getting a repeat run on Sunday afternoons. We’re not actually sure how many episodes of it there are but here are five more every day this week, including on Tuesday a reunion with his old mate Arlene Phillips, who everyone’s now forgotten was on Strictly, and rightly so.

http://www.tvcream.co.uk/?page_id=36030

Looks like the folks at this site much prefer Darcey, too. :o:o:D:D

(But their best line is still "We're not counting Jim Davidson's tenure at the helm of the Generation Game because he f**ked up all the games, he had f**king Mr Blobby on every week, he f**king gunged the contestants at the end and he was just f**king s**t." :D:D:D:D:D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Tess and Zoe Ball this week, wonder where Claudia is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Yarf Yarf

For those who know a bit about dancing here, who, objectively speaking, is the best professional dancer?

Yarf Yarf wrote: »
    For those who know a bit about dancing here, who, objectively speaking, is the best professional dancer?

Brendan
    Natalie

Ooh Darcy dress is racy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Yarf Yarf wrote: »

Brendan
    Ola or Natalie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Frankie is unrecognisable in that green makeup, hoping for a song from Wicked. :D

Really fun number for Sunetra!

Frankie is dancing to a song from wicked
    She looks better with long hair

I love Alison! She's fun.

Spiders....talk about a time filler

Alison footwork is bad, and the judges were right she did waft around too much

• Advertisement

Can't take to Simon at all but feel a bit bad for him losing his place there near the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm getting over Allison,her personality grates on me a bit.

I thought Simon was great thought I don't think he'll hang around too long.Even when they try a and make him personable in the VTs it dosent translate.

I like Simon. I think he appears kinda humourless cos he takes it really seriously, but he's still better than being in the bottom two suggests.

Simon is ok, there's a few worse dancers still in the competition.

Len was right....was a good effort but no finesse, I think the biggest thing Simon has against him is that he doesn't come across that likeable and that's what will put him in dance off again.

Oh god, not steve's week

Oh Simon's definitely a good dancer, can't argue with that. :D

And now Steve forgetting his steps too! Poor guys. Fair play to them for carrying on anyway!

Those lifts were scary to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Aw poor Steve. Just wasn't his night. Looking forward to Frankie's dance....her costume and make up looks amazing!!

Pixie Lott and her lad are definitely riding, which is creepy cos they really do look like siblings.

• Advertisement

No surprises that pixie was strong, she's a real contender for winning

Advertisement