Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Caroline v Alison bye Alison!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

:eek::eek::eek:

Caroline should not be in the dance off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh Christ, spare us the Blackpool fever - please :eek:

Although in fairness they haven't been banging on about it quite as much this year - thankfully.

Delighted Alison is going

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Poor Alison is like a condemned (wo)man.

• Advertisement

So harsh on Caroline to be in bottom two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I'm really going to miss Alison but it was only fair she left I suppose. Well apart from Judy, but she should have left in week one and has continuously picked up votes for some bizarre reason so I'm just presuming she'll be around until the final 5/6 at this stage! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

How did Judy get through again, she's dreadful.

cloud493 wrote: »
    How did Judy get through again, she's dreadful.

I coulod say "Blame Scotland" but it might seem racist! I like her. She doesn't take herself too serious and laughs off the criticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Should have been Alison and Judy in bottom two with Judy going. Have no idea why Judy has so much support.

Did anyone else see the VT with Andy Murray last nite? very awkward, like they were being told to hug each other, weird.

I like the Blackpool buzz, breaks up the show a bit...

• Advertisement

They're probably hoping to get Andy back in as a guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Not terribly sad to see Alison go, but she seemed like good fun to have around. Totally agree that Judy should've gone before her.

Shocked that Caroline was in the bottom 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

368100 wrote: »
    Did anyone else see the VT with Andy Murray last nite? very awkward, like they were being told to hug each other, weird.

I always think it's because they're sports people, not actors. They're not used to being on tv and as a result seem very uncomfortable with it. You see it regularly enough with sports people on it. Like Louis was a lovely dancer but he never looked particularly comfortable on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I wasn't too shocked about Caroline. One of the first to perform, slow dance, middle of the leader board, presumed safe. These are usually ingredients for a place in the dance off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BBC will have to rethink the voting on this.

Bad dancers getting through and good dancers going to the dance off

In my opinion the scoring is all wrong.

This week Caroline scored 31 to Judy's 18 with judges but the difference of 13 points is not reflected in the allocated score based on placing which was 7 to 4.

The should change that system so that they get a score that reflects how far ahead of an opponent someone is.

For example Caroline's 31/40=77.5% and then maybe add on the percentage of public votes you got for a total that should better reflect the difference.

Public voting just leads to block voting etc and ruins the competition.

I don't think there has ever been an unworthy winner. I would think that Judy Murray goes out in the next 2 weeks and the final between Frankie, Pixie and possibly Mark. I think Judy is popular because she is a woman of a certain age (Mine) has white hair (like me) and laughs at herself and has a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Well, if by chance Judy does make it to the final 5 or 6, then I wonder if she will do what John Sergeant did and decide, "Wait a minute, I could actually win this, and that wouldn't be right - so I should do the sensible thing and pull out"? :o:D

Well, if by chance Judy does make it to the final 5 or 6, then I wonder if she will do what John Sergeant did and decide, "Wait a minute, I could actually win this, and that wouldn't be right - so I should do the sensible thing and pull out"? :o:D

No. She's NO quitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

No. She's NO quitter!

But will she feel that it wouldn't be right if she won, just as Sergeant felt that it wouldn't have been right if he had won? :o;)

She never looks like she's enjoying herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

she's not a quitter but yes i'm seeing another John Sergeant situation where the public will keep her in, Alison is a better dancer than Judy, Alison should not have gone out tonight it's a dancing competition and Judy can't dance:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I don't think there has ever been an unworthy winner. I would think that Judy Murray goes out in the next 2 weeks and the final between Frankie, Pixie and possibly Mark. I think Judy is popular because she is a woman of a certain age (Mine) has white hair (like me) and laughs at herself and has a good time.

Ahem, Chris Hollins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ahem, Chris Hollins!

Think it was his Charleston with Ola that did it. It was first year they had the Charleston and theirs was brilliant and new.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

I think it's an Anne Widdecombe situation, top 3 or so in the public vote every week until the Quarter-Final when it's mathematically unlikely that the person at the bottom is safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Yarf Yarf

Are people keeping Judy because it's funny? Cos I don't really see how she's funny in the way John sergeant or Ann widdecombe were funny. She has no personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Yarf Yarf wrote: »
    Are people keeping Judy because it's funny? Cos I don't really see how she's funny in the way John sergeant or Ann widdecombe were funny. She has no personality.

She's being kept in as the token bad dancer, to see exactly how bad she will next week. Every year has one celeb to fill this role. I must admit too that I think she's nice. She's not taking herself seriously (just as well really :D ) and Anton is funny! How else can he be if he wants to win votes I suppose.

Every Saturday everyone in this house are glued to her performance, to see exactly how bad she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Judy seems to be a love her or hate her dancer, I personally cringe every time she comes on & fast forward if I can. :D

Yarf Yarf wrote: »

It's the shortbread that clinches it!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Are people voting for Anton maybe? I'm to the show this year so not sure if dancers are voted for over the celebrity but I know he's one of the favourite dancers so was wondering if that had something to do with her being kept in?

• Advertisement

Frog Song wrote: »
    Are people voting for Anton maybe? I'm to the show this year so not sure if dancers are voted for over the celebrity but I know he's one of the favourite dancers so was wondering if that had something to do with her being kept in?

I think Anton is great with bad dancers, like Judy and Anne Widdicombe. He makes the best of what they can (or mostly can't) do and does it with good humour. If Brendan had either of those dancers, it would be a totally different story. He takes it so serious, that I don't think he'd be so patient as Anton.

Advertisement