Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think Judy is coming across as a really bad dancer of a certain age but also a woman who can have a good laugh at herself, shes not only taking the jokes in her stride, she is making them herself. She's also out visiting lots of community groups etc if her twitter is to be believed and she's garnering great support from big twitter users like Marian Keyes. She's this years "every woman".
    I think that we'll be stuck with her until we see another two great dancers in the dance off and one goes. Then sense will prevail and she'll get the boot.

Bet we'll lose someone really good before she trots off into the sunset like a robotic mannequin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Yarf Yarf wrote: »
    Are people keeping Judy because it's funny? Cos I don't really see how she's funny in the way John sergeant or Ann widdecombe were funny. She has no personality.

Yeah I don't get it either. I could understand the token bad dancer making it far because of the public vote in previous years, but with Judy I don't see the appeal at all. Her personality is non existent and her dances aren't enjoyable to watch in the slightest. It baffles me that Tim, Scott and Alison couldn't keep the underdog vote going but Judy can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I'm sure everyone knows by now, but Claudia won't be in Blackpool this week.

And it's possible that she might not return before the end of the series.

Really hope her daughter makes a full recovery.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/13/claudia-winkleman-pulls-out-of-strictly-come-dancings-blackpool-special-as-fears-grow-shell-miss-rest-of-series-4946665/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Oh the poor wee thing! Didn't realise it was that she had been burned, how awful.

I was really enjoying Claudia, she plays the comic relief part well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I just saw an English cooking program with donny osmand as guest.
    I hope he's not coming to Blackpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I just saw an English cooking program with donny osmand as guest.
    I hope he's not coming to Blackpool

Now that WOULD be a dis-ah-star

The opening dance was beautiful, just looked SO pretty!

Nice dance from Frankie, love that upbeat quickstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Choreography of Jake's dance was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Janette is fabulous! I loved how she used those male dancers rather then just having them dance in the background like in Frankie and Kevins dance

And I enjoyed the junk in Kevins trunk. Reminded me of my old physics teacher!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Choreography of Jake's dance was amazing!
    Wasn't it just! I loved it.
    I thought that was more deserving of a 10 than Frankie and Kevin.

• Advertisement

I think jake was better than frankie, but I think frankie is over marked every week

Call me Al wrote: »
    Wasn't it just! I loved it.
    I thought that was more deserving of a 10 than Frankie and Kevin.

Absolutely agreed! Jake was amazing tonight, can't believe he didn't get a 10.

And I thought Simon was very good too, but [possible unpopular opinion coming] I don't think it deserved three 10s.

Pixie is amazing. So good at the dramatic as well as the fun & light.

I think pixie is brilliant much more fire than frankie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

ShazGV wrote: »
    Absolutely agreed! Jake was amazing tonight, can't believe he didn't get a 10.

And I thought Simon was very good too, but [possible unpopular opinion coming] I don't think it deserved three 10s.
    Me neither :)

But I love that dance and I can't wait for Jakes version.

Oh I think Jake will be amazing at the Argentine tango!

Caroline was another fantastic dancer from tonight. Everyone really upped their game, so impressed, this is when the show is really fun to watch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pixie is so good, I liked caroline's as well. Judy needs to go this week, that was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Frankie and Kevin - 9 - Just loved it!!
    Jake and Janette - 8 - I actually thought his hands were flat when free and sprawled in hold.
    Sunetra and Brendan - 7 - Foot work was poor as it is in all her Latin dances.
    Simon and Kristina - 9 - Just WOW! Don't think it deserves 10's though...
    Judy and Anton - 5 - Her best dance but it wasn't that good.... Len...Bruno....
    Mark and Karen - 9 - Full of energy and personality and technically correct
    Pixie and Trent - 9 - Loved the routine. Agree with Darcey that her top half needs more work... but not much.
    Steve and Ola - 7 - I thought his hands were shapeless and a bit stompy... even in Blackpool
    Caroline and Pasha - 8 - Quite surprised she got 37 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭barneyrubble46

ok so who will go tonight, it really has to be Judy, my god the woman makes a block of wood look good, she is so stiff and really has gone past her time to leave, Simon was good, however I fear he will be in the dance off too, was not keen on Jake never have been, his sweaty bald head really gets to me. my money is on frankie to win.

I really hope frankie doesn't win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

At this stage I would be amazed if Frankie ends up winning. She's very good technically, but personality wise she's far too bland. I think the final 3 will be Caroline, Pixie and Jake.

Fingers crossed Judy leaves this week, it's definitely her time to go - especially when you can see everyone else stepping up their game!

bopper wrote: »
    At this stage I would be amazed if Frankie ends up winning. She's very good technically, but personality wise she's far too bland. I think the final 3 will be Caroline, Pixie and Jake.

Yaay someone agrees with me about frankie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just watched it back now.

Loved the American Smooth - what choreography! Thought Jake did brilliantly.

Loved Frankie's quickstep, but I love Frankie anyway and I love the QS so that was always going to be a winner in my book.

Thought the Argentine tango was great - definitely not deserving of 3x10 though. The end lift was spectacular! Once again the lighting/camerawork drove me mad - if ever there was a dance where you want to see the footwork it's this one, but the floor was so bloomin dark with all that swirly lighting you couldn't see Simon's legs in the dark suit even when they did bother to actually train the cameras on them :mad:

Fantastic Charleston by Mark. For a fella famous for being famous (I'd never heard of him, and thought he was just a bit of a pretty boy at the start), he's fairly learning to dance!

Wasn't gone on Pixie's paso.... found the lighting terribly distracting. Thought she was fiddling with her skirt a lot, dunno if that was intentional or not. I'll have to agree to disagree with the judges in this case.

Steve's AS was a bit frantic for my liking, but the boy done well. Ola spent more time in the air than she did on the ground dancing!

Great jive from Caroline. Fast, furious and very accurate. Well done her. I'll be with Len at the end of the pier if she's in the danceoff again.

Judy and Sunetra...... I'm afraid it's a "meh" from me on both fronts.

Was just thinking, on the matter of me constantly bitching about the camerawork (I promise I'll stop one of these days) - we're always hearing the judges pointing out that "it all went horribly wrong in that corner over there, daahhling" or "there was a bit of an incident over there" - yet we never see these f-ups. Yeah, because the camera is swirling around their heads at the time :mad:

OK, 1st half of dance-off is correct.

If Judy isn't the other dancer-offer, I........ I dunno, I'll just have to give up.

Gawd, Ola has a face like thunder on her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Judy will be gone- that was the dross gone then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

#TeamPixie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I'm going to miss the dance off. But I assume unless Sunetra falls or forgets the steps, Judy will be going.

• Advertisement

Oh Ian :eek:

Much as I love you, don't give up the day job!

Hopefully this is bye bye Judy (sorry, Judy, don't mean to be mean but...) .... or will the pressure get to Sunetra and she'll f*** it up?

Advertisement