Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gawd, the speed of Brendan's legs :eek::D

If Judy does go out (and I hope she does) then I'll be glad it was on a lovely dance that she was actually quite good at, rather than a humiliating samba or salsa that she was awful at.

It was the right result. They'd obviously practiced their last dance! She seems to have been genuinely popular with all other dancers, professional and celeb alike.

It was the right result. They'd obviously practiced their last dance! She seems to have been genuinely popular with all other dancers, professional and celeb alike.

She did.

I thought it was lovely that Anton re-did (and got, this time) that throw along the floor that went so horribly wrong in their dance earlier in the series.

A nice way to go out for what seems like a very nice lady (even if she can't dance!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Judy always seemed like such a good sport, nice to see her redo some of her 'best moments' in the final dance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Have we all been watching the same woman?
    To me, she didn't come across especially nice. Frosty and cold in my opinion.
    Glad she's gone; bloody stiff piece of cardboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I was liking Pixie until Mam mentioned that she reminds her of my brother's ex-girlfriend. I was not amused.:mad:

Really enjoyed Jake and Janette's AS - excellent choreography! Hope they get to do an Argentine Tango.

Mark's Charleston was great, especially considering it was to very un-Charleston music (I hate when they do that!). I find Karen's over enthusiasm a bit grating though.

Looking forward to next week already. Hopefully the standard will keep getting higher.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

"RosyLily wrote: »

I find Karen's over enthusiasm a bit grating though..:)

She's like a puppy on speed after a treat, v annoying.

368100 wrote: »
    She's like a puppy on speed after a treat, v annoying.

+1, the squealing and jumping and shrieking when their names are called out at the end is extremely annoying. I really do NOT like her (well, her SCD persona, obviously, she's probably a very nice girl if you met her in the pub!) which is a shame as I'm getting fonder of Mark by the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,368 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    +1, the squealing and jumping and shrieking when their names are called out at the end is extremely annoying. I really do NOT like her (well, her SCD persona, obviously, she's probably a very nice girl if you met her in the pub!) which is a shame as I'm getting fonder of Mark by the week.

Yeah I wish Mark was with someone else.
    He seems like a sound guy, genuine, and he really likes dancing.
    I didn't think I would be saying that about a guy who used to be in TOWIE (I have never seen TOWIE so I haven't a clue what he was like on it).
    I thought he would be full-of-himself, cocky and arrogant but he doesn't seem to be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Yeah I wish Mark was with someone else.
    He seems like a sound guy, genuine, and he really likes dancing.
    I didn't think I would be saying that about a guy who used to be in TOWIE (I have never seen TOWIE so I haven't a clue what he was like on it).
    I thought he would be full-of-himself, cocky and arrogant but he doesn't seem to be like that.

He came across really well on I'm a Celebrity when he was on it too, not what I was expecting.

Karen seems over enthusiastic fake to me but Mark seems to get on great with her as did Nicky Byrne so maybe she's a nice girl, just a bit ott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Frog Song wrote: »
    He came across really well on I'm a Celebrity when he was on it too, not what I was expecting.

Karen seems over enthusiastic fake to me but Mark seems to get on great with her as did Nicky Byrne so maybe she's a nice girl, just a bit ott.

I don't think she expects such great marks.... unintended pun!!

why does everyone think this was the first week we saw 9's from Craig?? Frankie got 9 at Halloween and Pixie got 9 last week??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

T0001 wrote: »
    why does everyone think this was the first week we saw 9's from Craig?? Frankie got 9 at Halloween and Pixie got 9 last week??

When did they say it was the first week he gave a 9?

bopper wrote: »

They said before Mark's charleston that no-one had got a 9 for a charleston yet..... could that be what you're thinking of?

(previous poster, not the one I quoted!)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Zoe said it was Craig's 1st nine. I think it was an error on her part.

To add to the comment above, many articles and blog posts I've read including theguardian.co.uk (my fav. for updates) said it was Craig's first 9 of the series

All the scoring is to be found here. It wasn't Craigs first 9. Frankie and Kevin week 6 and Pixie and Trent week 7.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_Come_Dancing_(series_12)#Scoring_chart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Claudia is back this weekend

Oh that's great, for her little one and for us that missed her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Barry Manilow singing at the results show on Sunday

• Advertisement

casio4 wrote: »
    Barry Manilow singing at the results show on Sunday

Ah, the singing waxwork dummy.

Anyone watching ITT?

Karen's lipstick is.... interesting (and not in a good way). I think I remember seeing her some other time with nearly black lipstick.

There's a reason red is so popular, Karen!

(where's me saucer of milk!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I'm going to miss the show later (damn social life...grr)...

Thoughts on who might leave this week now that Alison and Judy are gone?

I'm thinking Sunetra could be very much in trouble depending on her dance. Her or Steve I think will go.

Oh...and good to see Claudia back...now if the producers could arrange Claudia and Zoe to host next year it would make me very happy!

368100 wrote: »
    I'm going to miss the show later (damn social life...grr)...

Thoughts on who might leave this week now that Alison and Judy are gone?

I'm thinking Sunetra could be very much in trouble depending on her dance. Her or Steve I think will go.

Oh...and good to see Claudia back...now if the producers could arrange Claudia and Zoe to host next year it would make me very happy!

Depends on the dances. Really anyone in the bottom half of the board is in danger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

T0001 wrote: »
    Depends on the dances. Really anyone in the bottom half of the board is in danger

Anybody is in danger at this stage. There's been so many ties on the leader board this year, whoever finishes last with the judges could still end up getting 4 or 5 points, whereas whoever finishes last with the public will always only get 1 point.

This routine did nothing for me from the very first step.

Flat as a pancake.

I'm going to miss most of the show tonight, but jeez Steve has to be in danger after that. Very flat footed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Did Caroline slip?!

gubbie wrote: »
    Did Caroline slip?!

Dunno if she fell over one of the (many) flappy bits of her dress, or just slipped. She looked well rattled, whatever happened.

Great recovery though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Poor dance from.Steve
    Wasn't keen on Carolines dance either

Advertisement