Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is Smokey Robinson still alive? :eek:

(I mean, clearly he is - but who'd have thunk......)

OK, Anton ain't completely ruled out then, for once :D

Is that guy from Antiques Roadshow (or whatever) going to dance for the entire series with his specs hanging around his neck? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

first impressions of group dance, Max (Eastenders) not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I love casualty so I'm delighted Sunetra got Brendan. :) Brendan is one of my favourite professionals.

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    first impressions of group dance, Max (Eastenders) not bad

He certainly seemed to have some hip action during the group dance.

I can't want for the 26th now. :D Looks like a good bunch this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Can't believe we have to wait three weeks now until the next episode :(

I really wanted them to put Caroline with Anton. They seemed to get on great at rehearsal. Anton always seems to get the older ladies.

The two Irish together like seriously?

Pixie looked amazing, those hips!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Pang wrote: »
    Can't believe we have to wait three weeks now until the next episode :(

I really wanted them to put Caroline with Anton. They seemed to get on great at rehearsal. Anton always seems to get the older ladies.

Pixie looked amazing, those hips!

Re Pixie, she mentioned something about previous experience-I always like when they start off fairly raw and go on a "journey"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is Smokey Robinson still alive? :eek:

(I mean, clearly he is - but who'd have thunk......)

He's only 74. :D;)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is that guy from Antiques Roadshow (or whatever) going to dance for the entire series with his specs hanging around his neck? :eek:

Bargain Hunt, to be precise. :);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

Pang wrote: »

Could be down to logistics. The woman shouted to her husband "We're going home." Maybe they will train in Dublin during the week and fly to London on Saturday for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

well we don't know who makes the pairings it must have been planned that the two Irish are with each other so they can practice their dance routines together in Ireland and fly over to the UK every weekend for the shows :)

honeybear wrote: »
    Re Pixie, she mentioned something about previous experience-I always like when they start off fairly raw and go on a "journey"

I read somewhere (digital spy, I think) that Pixie and Caroline are not been allowed the full three weeks of training because of their previous experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tristan and Thom yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Is Pasha bribing someone from the BBC or something? He is always paired off with a someone young and beautiful.

Probably a strange choice but the couple I'm most looking forward to seeing is Alison and Aljaz!

On the other end of the spectrum - Mark and Karen. Two idiots I can't stand paired together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Go Max!

I am not a fan of Alison. To me she'll always be the person who broke the garden table back when Big Brother was actually popular. Poor Aljaz. Watching him dancing with Abbie last year was like watching that lovely moment at the end of a Disney movie where everything is just beautiful and right in the world!

I used to like Aliona back when she was with that McFly guy but whenever she gets stuck with a dud she just pouts and frowns like a 6 year old denied chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Aljaz was always going to get someone rubbish. He won last year, and they don't give you someone good twice.
    The one I'm looking forward to seeing is the guy from eastenders
    And for some reason I can't warm to frankie, Maybe time will change it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

gubbie wrote: »
    I used to like Aliona back when she was with that McFly guy but whenever she gets stuck with a dud she just pouts and frowns like a 6 year old denied chocolate

When she gets a poor dancer, her own dancing ability (or lack of it) gets highlighted much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Aljaz was always going to get someone rubbish. He won last year, and they don't give you someone good twice.
    The one I'm looking forward to seeing is the guy from eastenders
    And for some reason I can't warm to frankie, Maybe time will change it

Has Pasha ever gotten a bad partner?!

I couldn't warm to Frankie either when I saw her VT but then Kevin's so lovely

I don't think pasha has ever won it.
    Plus Rachel last year wasn't that good.
    I think Alison would have been with Robin if he wasn't out injured.
    I feel sorry for Natalie, she's only just back after missing out last year.
    I just feel frankie is a bit blah and bland, and it's obvious she's had dance training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I don't think pasha has ever won it.
    Plus Rachel last year wasn't that good.

Pasha has never won but he's been runner up twice, and although Rachel wasn't great last year she was still considered a favourite to win before people actually saw her dance! He's never been paired with an outsider which is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Donny Osmond will be joining the judging panel for a special one-off guest appearance

It all kicks off tonight at 9pm on BBC1. :D:D Can't wait. I have been looking at some of the training videos online and its looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Tonight?:eek:

I thought it was Saturday nights?

Call me Al wrote: »
    Tonight?:eek:

I thought it was Saturday nights?

It's on Friday and Saturday this week. No one will get voted off this week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm a wee bit confused...is the actual series starting proper tonight, or is this just a preliminary dancing showcase type thing?

Half of them will dance tonight, the other half tomorrow night. No-one will be voted off this weekend, although I'm sure there'll be judging, and maybe points given.

Next week reverts to normal format - half will dance on Saturday and one voted off on Sunday, then the following weekend the other half get their go.

Not sure when they all wind up merging into the one show on Saturday.

It's on tonight and tomorrow. They will be marked on their dances but no one will be voted off this week. The scores will be carried over to next week.

Is this the first time that Claudia's eyes have been seen on TV? Or at all??? :eek:

• Advertisement

"There was something about Pasha"

You don't say :D:D:D

Advertisement