Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

V small slip up but best charleston this series

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I wonder was Frankie left short of practice time because Kevin was sick?

Not that I'd ever expect him to use that as an excuse, but I do wonder.

Not too blown away by frankie and Kevin. Dunno what the angle grinder at the start contributed to it either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Weird that they would close the show with the weakest dance of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jake didn't impress me that much

• Advertisement

Five points between top and bottom.

Dance off will be interesting tomorrow!

bopper wrote: »
    Weird that they would close the show with the weakest dance of the night.

I presume the running order is decided very early on. How the dancers manage each of their dances is up to them!

efb wrote: »
    Jake didn't impress me that much

Thought they were absolutely brilliant.

I expected the music be a handicap, much like last week - but it worked for me.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Thought they were absolutely brilliant.

I expected the music be a handicap, much like last week - but it worked for me.

Maybe I just don't like him

#TeamPixie

• Advertisement

What way is Jakes head?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I presume the running order is decided very early on. How the dancers manage each of their dances is up to them!

I think they decide it after rehearsals. Usually one of the strongest/most memorable dances closes the show.

I thought they were going to get voted off as they danced around!

I see Frankie was doing that index- and little-finger stuck out thing again. Was commented on (favourably) a few weeks ago in some ballroom dance. Looks plain silly to me!

Not wrong so I thought jake was poor

Go #TeamPixie

Jake just annoys me

Glad to see Caroline keeping top spot!

Ah, that lift though!

I'm going to be replaying that all night now :D

Right, well, I've just watched Caroline's dance back again, and I'm calling shenanigans.

I just don't think it was as good as they were all making out.

At least three times during it (when the cameramen deigned to point their cameras at the dancers' feet, it's been a while since I gave out about that :D) there were little checks to correct her foot placement. The swinging of her leg from the knee (I'm sure there's a proper technical term for it) was loose and definitely not as sharp as a lot of other dancers - pros AND celebs.

I stand by my first instinct - it was just all a bit soft. Just imagine Flavia Cacacce dancing that routine

Now, I'm a huge Caroline fan, but I'm not buying into the hype for that dance.

Right, off to obsess at the Jake/Janette charleston now!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Right, well, I've just watched Caroline's dance back again, and I'm calling shenanigans.

At least three times during it (when the cameramen deigned to point their cameras at the dancers' feet, it's been a while since I gave out about that :D) there were little checks to correct her foot placement. The swinging of her leg from the knee (I'm sure there's a proper technical term for it) was loose and definitely not as sharp as a lot of other dancers - pros AND celebs.

I stand by my first instinct - it was just all a bit soft. Just imagine Flavia Cacacce dancing that routine

I agree 100 per cent. I like caroline but I tthought her legs were far too soft. I was very surprised that none of the judges picked up on it.

• Advertisement

I'd really like to see what that missed lift was actually meant to be like in Jake's routine. He covered it up very well!

Not that I'd be wishing a dance-off on him - but I'd like to see that, and them nail the finish a bit more precisely.

Brilliant, brilliant routine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Their Argentine Hooks, and they were very elegant as they should be. But, she did make a haymes of one of them and other parts of hr legwork was soft but it worked well into the routine. I would have given 9 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Just caught up on tonight's show, Caroline was my favourite. I wouldn't notice the technicalities as much as some of you though (I'm very dance uneducated!) so she could have been the worst & I'd probably still like her. :D

Janette has some incredible upper body strength, that lift in the middle was amaaaazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Is it ok to post the Sunday results here in spoiler tags?

fr336 wrote: »
    Is it ok to post the Sunday results here in spoiler tags?

Hyperventilating atm... but id give them a miss and let people check the digital spy forum if they want to know

T0001 wrote: »
    Hyperventilating atm... but id give them a miss and let people check the digital spy forum if they want to know

Good call sorry

Good call sorry

in terms of x vs. y, deffo agree, but in the grand scheme of things NO...

T0001 wrote: »
    in terms of x vs. y, deffo agree, but in the grand scheme of things NO...

Huh? I was referring to your reply to me, not any result ha :p

Huh? I was referring to your reply to me, not any result ha :p

oh right, got put off when u said sorry.. lol

• Advertisement

OK, so we're in for some sort of a shock elimination tonight then!

I'm going to be very grumpy by the end of this if they keep banging on about how brilliant Caroline's AT was :mad:

Advertisement