Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

bopper wrote: »
    They've clearly warmed to Simon less, it's his third time in the dance off!

The public don't like Kristina

phasers wrote: »
    But Pixie was higher on the leader board, so she got fewer public votes than Simon.

Not strictly true she could have been 2nd last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I could sense Len was building up to make that casting vote. Poor result. Simon's not good enough to win this and Pixie was one of the best dancers ever on it.

Shame for the Semi Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'm genuinely angered by this. I have nothing against Simon but Pixie is the best dancer on the show. And if Len was judging by this weeks performance alone then he clearly forgot who he chose as the winner of the waltzathon.

I'm not sure if Darcey would have chose Simon if she knew Len was voting for Simon. Pixie shouk have won the damn thing or at least got to the final. I feel robbed.

I'm done with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Panrich

The writing was on the wall last night when she was slated by all the judges for that dance. I don't think Simon was in the bottom two performances this week though. Frankie was a bit lucky but could go on to win now.

Caroline has to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

efb wrote: »
    Caroline has to win it

Here's hoping, she's shown a lot of growth and she's very likable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Claudia's dress from the results show...

41D%2B4FGak0L._SL1500_.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

The public don't like Kristina

They don't like Karen either but her and Mark clearly got a lot of public votes this week. Kristina can't be blamed for Simon being in the dance off three times.
    I'm done with it

Me too I think. I'll just watch Caroline's performances on YouTube next week, and will possibly watch the final depending who's in it. I won't be able to watch a showdance from Simon and/or Mark without thinking how much better Pixie's would have been though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Utterly ridiculous. To think that Mark and Karen are in the semi at the expense of Pixi is awful.
    Simon is the best of the men so from that point of view, at least he's still in it.
    What is hilarious is how most weeks they barely pay any attention to what actually happens in the dance-off, yet this week... :rolleyes:

Great stuff, vote off the best dancer in the whole series and nit-pick her minor errors while ignoring basic errors from the other contestants. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 86,489 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What Pixie is gone? I missed this week, was she that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She wasn't bad at all, not her strongest dance but still good, and she won the Waltzathon, so was second overall on the leader board.

Len is in love with Simon for some reason and still unfairly has the deciding vote, despite his clear preference for Ballroom dances.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why are people complaining ?

They have to judge it on the one dance and Len didn't like the lifts so it was obvious she was going to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

All I will say is... I can't help but feel that, deep down somewhere, Len didn't want Pixie to win. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Quarter-Final Dances

Caroline and Pasha (One of her hooks was a disaster and she lost her balance once by my count)
    Jake and Janette (Not enough swivel but performance brought it up)
    Simon and Kristina (Impeccible footwork, armography needs improvement)

Mark and Karen (Hands were very flat and he mixed up heel and toe leads twice)
    Frankie and Keven (Great hip action, but her transitions were shockingly bad)

Pixie and Trent (would have been an 8 but -1 for illegal lifts, her legs weren't great)

Dance Off:
    Based on this dance Pixie was the weakest, cant understand why people didnt vote for her. I was sure it would be Mark vs. Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I was fully sure it would have been Simon and Mark in the dance-off! Both have made regular appearances in it. Pixie wasn't my personal favourite (just couldn't warm to her) but I thought she was a shoo-in for the final!

Caroline Pasha to win!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

murpho999 wrote: »

They have to judge it on the one dance and Len didn't like the lifts so it was obvious she was going to go.

The main reason I'm moaning is because she was judged completely differently all the way through the series.
    "Oooh Mark, let's just ignore all the mistakes you made there, sure you tried really hard. 9"
    "Tsk Pixie, your leg was a tiny bit bent for a split second halfway through your routine. You should be doing better. 8"

All I will say is... I can't help but feel that, deep down somewhere, Len didn't want Pixie to win. :o:o

I'd have to disagree. To me, Len looked absolutely gutted on having to make the casting decision. IMO he knows Pixie is a better dancer than Simon, but he had to stick to the rules and choose who danced better in the dance-off.

• Advertisement

I think Pixie was just very very unlucky to have a dance this week in which she wasn't as fantastic as she normally is. And Trent made the mistake of putting in so many lifts into the cha-cha. There shouldn't have been any really.

That being said, I thought Caroline was over-marked for her Argentine tango and Jake made a good few mistakes in his otherwise fantastic Charleston. Neither deserved tens IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I was disgusted with tonights result! Pixie was probably one of the best dancers ever on it!

I can't help feeling that the fact that Trent and Len had words on Saturdays show influenced his vote. When Len said he would be marking people down for illegal lifts from now on he did not like it when Trent make a joke back. He said "I'm happy give you a 6 instead of a 9 so" and went on to give them an 8, it deserved more than an 8 and I think he initially intended to give it that 9.
    Len has just robbed us all of probably the best strictly final ever.

I hope Caroline or Frankie wins. Mark is good but not great, Jake is a bit of a coaster, he was great once or twice but only sometimes pulls it out of the bag and Simon is very good but not great...and Christina is annoying. Again her dance tonight was "the christina show", all about showing herself off and Simon just being a prop for her to dance around. Enough Christina, enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Will be interested to see who's in the DO next week. 2 dances as well!:)

I can't help feeling that the fact that Trent and Len had words on Saturdays show influenced his vote. When Len said he would be marking people down for illegal lifts from now on he did not like it when Trent make a joke back. He said "I'm happy give you a 6 instead of a 9 so" and went on to give them an 8, it deserved more than an 8 and I think he initially intended to give it that 9.

I thought that too, especially as the audience booed him as well, which he always gets the huff over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I think that if you are expecting improvements in pixie to the same extent as the other full amateurs, with little or no dance training, she should be in a different league to them in terms of her performance by now in the competition. She has always been amazing, and that I think is her downfall. There's no "journey"
    unlike the others who don't have this advantage. This always happens.

I also think that, with his comments, Len had Trents card marked after the first dance, so it goes to show just how much sway his opinion holds with the voting British public. And this in spite of her winning the waltzathon and getting such a points boost right back up the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Call me Al wrote: »
    I think that if you are expecting improvements in pixie to the same extent as the other full amateurs, with little or no dance training, she should be in a different league to them in terms of her performance by now in the competition. She has always been amazing, and that I think is her downfall. There's no "journey"

I also think that, with his comments, Len had Trents card marked after the first dance, so it goes to show just how much sway his opinion holds with the voting British public. And this in spite of her winning the waltzathon and getting such a points boost right back up the table.

I think people understimate the amount of traditional devoted ballroom dancers who vote on SCD and you can be sure they were pissed with the lifts in the Cha-Cha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Oh the plot thickens...

James Jordan retweeted someone saying that tonight's dance off had one couple who had confirmed for the Strictly Tour and one who had not, guess who went. Simon is confirmed but pixie is not in the tour lineup.

Could it be that they couldn't risk a tour that didn't include the winning dancer and so had to let the obvious winner go when they got the chance?

murpho999 wrote: »

They don't always though- there is no consistency in the judging

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Call me Al wrote: »

Who said she ever had dance training, though?

She's clearly hugely talented, but I don't ever recall her or anyone else saying that she had training - I'm open to correction on that, but most celebs who have a bit of talent are always accused of being jockeys. I'm sure if she had any formal dance training it'd have to have been declared in advance of the competition starting?

How come no-one is accusing Caroline of having had prior training?

• Advertisement

Oh the plot thickens...

James Jordan retweeted someone saying that tonight's dance off had one couple who had confirmed for the Strictly Tour and one who had not, guess who went. Simon is confirmed but pixie is not in the tour lineup.

Could it be that they couldn't risk a tour that didn't include the winning dancer and so had to let the obvious winner go when they got the chance?

Possibly best suited to the conspiracy theory forum :)

Advertisement