Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Karen on It takes two, agreed with Lens decision.

She did agree,but did she do so just tow the party line to keep her job. She also said she was glad he'd cracked down on the illegal lifts, yet she thought Anton was so clever to put them into his and Judys dances to disguise her shortcomings.

More importantly though she also showed a piece of the end of Caroline and Pasha's dance where Caroline says "oh god sorry" to him because she made mistakes and Pasha says "don't let it show"as in just pretend everything is fine and keep smiling. Karen said Caroline's Argentine Tango was "full of mistakes" but because Caroline smiled no one noticed!
    Infact the judges were apparently so dazzled by her smile that they thought it was the best argentine tango they'd ever seen and gave her 3 10s and a 9!
    Yet at home we all noticed it wasn't that great.

I smell a rat here.Something funny definitely went on on Saturday and I am convinced Len did not send Pixie home on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

She did agree,but did she do so just tow the party line to keep her job. She also said she was glad he'd cracked down on the illegal lifts, yet she thought Anton was so clever to put them into his and Judys dances to disguise her shortcomings.

More importantly though she also showed a piece of the end of Caroline and Pasha's dance where Caroline says "oh god sorry" to him because she made mistakes and Pasha says "don't let it show"as in just pretend everything is fine and keep smiling. Karen said Caroline's Argentine Tango was "full of mistakes" but because Caroline smiled no one noticed!
    Infact the judges were apparently so dazzled by her smile that they thought it was the best argentine tango they'd ever seen and gave her 3 10s and a 9!
    Yet at home we all noticed it wasn't that great

I smell a rat here.Something funny definitely went on on Saturday and I am convinced Len did not send Pixie home on a whim.

Same happened last year with Abbey & Aljiaz imo. Their salsa lacked hip action and there was a timing error near the end and yet she got 4 10's. I guarentee Caroine will get 40 for one of her dances. Mark my words

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

You hit the nail on the head a few posts back when you said they would prefer the winner to be on the tour. Now, I'm not saying Pixie would have won for sure, but she stood a very good chance.

Caroline and Simon are both confirmed for the tour, however, and they want to keep them there for as long as they can and help them into the final four at least. Hence saving Simon over the tour absentee and marking Caroline higher than deserved. They wanted the winner on tour and they were banking on either Caroline or Frankie winning instead of Pixie, imo, so first chance they got, they cut Pixie loose in favour of bottom two veteran Simon.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

You hit the nail on the head a few posts back when you said they would prefer the winner to be on the tour. Now, I'm not saying Pixie would have won for sure, but she stood a very good chance.

Caroline and Simon are both confirmed for the tour, however, and they want to keep them there for as long as they can and help them into the final four at least. Hence saving Simon over the tour absentee and marking Caroline higher than deserved. They wanted the winner on tour and they were banking on either Caroline or Frankie winning instead of Pixie, imo, so first chance they got, they cut Pixie loose in favour of bottom two veteran Simon.

The fact of the matter is that Pixie was second in the leaderboard and ended up in the bottom two.

People were clearly not voting for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

cowlove wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is that Pixie was second in the leaderboard and ended up in the bottom two.

Am I correct in saying that Alesha Dixon, Natasha Kaplinski and Abbey Clancy were all bottom two during their respective series too, yet were saved and went on to win?

The whole point of the dance off is to save the strongest dancer from being eliminated. Sometimes the public get complacent and think the stronger dancers are safe and that's why they end up bottom two. Wasn't Simon very high on the leaderboard as well this week and yet found himself bottom two - for the third time?? The public don't seem to be supporting Simon very much either in that case.

Pixie deserved a second chance. I don't think Simon deserved a fourth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,368 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Here is Caroline and Pasha's Argentine Tango for anyone who didn't see it, complete with judges comments and scoring.

I wanted to find another performance to try and compare it to Caroline and Pasha.

I went back to the 2013 series and looked for an Argentine Tango in which the celeb was a female, and it scored less than 39.

Natalie Gumede & Artem Chigvintsev scored 38 (9, 9, 10, 10). In my opinion Natalie performs a lot better than Caroline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

You mean people didn't vote for her that night. If they weren't voting for her on a regular basis she would have been in the bottom two long before now (like Simon). Also, last year's winner was second on the leader board in week 6, and they ended up in the bottom two. That was when there were 11 couples still in it.

There were only 6 couples on Saturday, and although Pixie finished second with the judges, you also have to take into consideration the ridiculous amount of tied scores on the judges leader board that has been a regular occurrence this series. So whereas the points from the public still ended up being dealt as 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, the points from the judges were dealt as 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3. That can obviously make a huge difference to the overall total.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Oh god there's 2 rhumbas this week.
    I hate the rhumba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Just watched the results show now. What was Simon at with the falling on the floor. Very ungrateful of him to have Pixie and Trent have to go over him and Kristina and congratulate them. All a bit over dramatic. Sorry to see Pixie go,I know it's obvious she had dance training but I really enjoyed watching her. Caroline ftw, I agree her Argentine Tango was poor,but Pasha was correct to tell her to just keep smiling. But overall,I think she's an incredible dancer.Mark has really grown on me also. Just wish Karen would stop with the mile wide smiles. She freaks me out with those teeth of hers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

True but it was the Judges that voted her off. The same Judges that placed her 2nd on the overall Leaderboard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Oh god there's 2 rhumbas this week.
    I hate the rhumba

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!:(

They'll never compare to Rachel and Vincent's rumba from back in the day.:mad:

RosyLily wrote: »

I still watch that dance every now and again. Great performance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I just watched that today for the first time. Wowee! Hot or what!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,194 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Call me Al wrote: »
    I just watched that today for the first time. Wowee! Hot or what!
    Closely followed by that older lady whose name completely escapes me who did the rumba in the white and black dress - I'm sure anyone who's seen it will know exactly who I'm on about.

Even I nearly enjoyed that one, so it must have been good!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Closely followed by that older lady whose name completely escapes me who did the rumba in the white and black dress - I'm sure anyone who's seen it will know exactly who I'm on about.

Even I nearly enjoyed that one, so it must have been good!

Cheri lunghi is the rumba your thinking of
    I guarantee that one of the 2 rumba will end up in bottom 2

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Cheri lunghi is the rumba your thinking of
    I guarantee that one of the 2 rumba will end up in bottom 2

My money's on Mark. Rumba's very difficult for the man. Too much "faffing about" and the judges jump on it. It's my least favourite dance.

Jake and Janette have pretty decent music for their dances. Hopefully the choreography will be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Jake and Janette have pretty decent music for their dances. Hopefully the choreography will be good!

I think Janette's becoming my favourite female dancer. She's been brilliant with Jake and has given him some fantastic, trusting choreography

Janette&Aliaz >> Karen&Kevin

Vincent and Flavia would be number one :( Bring back Vincent and Flavia!!

I'm actually liking karen more now. She really has bought mark on a long way
    She always seems to get on well with her partners, just tone down the over enthusiasm

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

I'm predicting a 10 from Craig tonight. It will be for Frankie, Simon or Caroline with Simon the most likely as i've seen his foxtrot rehearsal and it's excellent. Frankie's Argentine Tango is remarkable as well and imo best of the series if it goes well. I think she's like Natalie Gumede last year, do well in one dance and not so well in the other and be in the dance off. Anyway, lets join with theguardian and let’s have a round of Strictly Bingo – a swig of something festive (I’m on the Baileys) for any occurrence of the following:

1. any mention of Mark’s fiancée
    2. an illegal lift
    3. Len offering to pickle his walnuts if someone doesn’t make the final
    4. Simon saying “I’m just happy to be here”
    5. Desperate phone hands
    6. a passionless Rumba that leaves us all feeling bleak and barren
    7. a ten from Craig (it will happen tonight, it’s traditional)

Enjoy, I'll give my thoughts later tonight

• Advertisement

Oooooh, not a good start from Jake! Hopefully his Viennese waltz will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I didn't like that rumba at all. It felt like a brother and sister dancing the rumba which is just wrong.

Oooooh, not a good start from Jake! Hopefully his Viennese waltz will be better.

Jake peaked first two weeks. Lots of facial expressions to mask poor leg work.

Can we have Pixie back:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Pixie will be sorely missed this week, she was a very talented dancer.

Also, (remembering that I'm a Strictly novice) what counts as an illegal lift? I think I heard a few weeks into the series that it's when both feet leave the ground, is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

ShazGV wrote: »
    Pixie will be sorely missed this week, she was a very talented dancer.

Also, (remembering that I'm a Strictly novice) what counts as an illegal lift? I think I heard a few weeks into the series that it's when both feet leave the ground, is that right?

I believe so yes.

ETA: Confirmed by my mum :D

Thank you! (and thanks to your mum) :D

Not very impressed by anyone so far, but looking forward to Frankie's second dance.

Not impressed by any of them so far. Caroline and Simon better change that!!

Disappointing from Simon when he lost it in the middle. Can't help but wonder what Pixie would've brought if she was kept in! ;)

maybe it's nerves but lots of mistakes from Simon as well.

• Advertisement

Lots of nerves tonight! Will we see a 40? *shrugs shoulders*

Advertisement