Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Simon thanking the public for keeping him in :D Er Simon...you were either bottom of the vote or second from bottom, probably bottom. Thank Len Goodman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Caroline's dress was very distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Is Craig going for the Satan look tonight? :D

"Still to come, Mark has a lie down. Maybe it's part of the dance, maybe he's just tired." Love having Claudia back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Ok so not 10 from Craig tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oh I loved Frankies tango.
    Nice and fiery.
    RAWR!

Just checked the 'records' the last time there was no 40 before the final was Season 1!!!

^^ Ditto! I actually thought it was going to get the 40.

Eta: I didn't realise Kevin & Karen were engaged, quite lovely to see him comfort her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

ShazGV wrote: »
    Caroline's dress was very distracting.

It looked so ill fitting

I don't think I've ever seen Craig be the highest scoring judge

Right, I swear I'm watching for the dancing, but Simon's behind looked fantastic in those trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I think I'm in love with Caroline:cool:

Delighted for Caroline to get the first 40 of the series. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Yaayyyyyyyy......go Caroline!!!!!!!!!!:D

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I've only watched this about twice from the whole series but wow, Caroline Flack is unbelievable. She really puts it on her face too.

And I second that statement about Simon's bum in those trousers... yowza! :D

OK, calm, calm, calm...... ok... so 40 for Caroline that's interesting :D

Anyway lets have a few thoughts.

Jake and Janette
    Cha-Cha: Full of energy but he was flat footed and lacked cha-cha technique. 7/10
    Vienese Waltz: Nice frame, almost, too bad about the neck, Good footwork. 8/10

Frankie and Kevin
    Rumba: Sorry but I loved love loved this. So different. Some technical faults though, her feet are sickling. 9/10
    Argentine Tango: Best Argentine of the series. Needed a bit more freedom in the hooks. 9/10

Mark and Karen
    Vienese Waltz: Eh! It fell flat sadly. Footwork was ok but some incorrect heel leads. 7/10
    Rumba: Great sensuality but lacked Rumba basics sadly. 8/10

Simon and Kristina
    Samba: Oh dear! Sticky Samba rolls and desperate timing in the centre: 7/10
    Foxtrot: Lovely footwork but there was a wobble! 9/10

Caroline and Pasha
    Foxtrot: Nice. Lacking some frame though imo. 9/10
    Salsa: Wowza!!!!! 10/10

Agreed re: Frankie's tango being the best of the series, really loved it with the classical music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

#TeamCaroline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jake or Mark go home - pref both!

I'd say both girls are safe and it's a toss-up between the other 3 for elimination

• Advertisement

Anyone else having a Strictly party next week? We're having our 6th annual party. Score paddles due to arrive Monday :D We go all out!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I really hope Caroline wins, I haven't seen a dance of hers I didn't like so far. Usually not a fan of Jake, but I liked his effort this week.

Strictly Semi-Final Result revealed on Digital Spy Forums now for anyone interested.

Another bit of trivia! Pasha gotton 40/40 1st on three occassions in his four years, more than any other pro, however he has never won :(
    He has come Runner-Up in 2 of the past 3 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

T0001 wrote: »
    Another bit of trivia! Pasha gotton 40/40 1st on three occassions in his four years, more than any other pro, however he has never won :(
    He has come Runner-Up in 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Here's hoping Pasha will win this year!! He's one of my favourite pros.:)

Any idea how the DO dances are picked? Couples best performance? I'd prefer if it was Latin vs Latin or Ballroom vs Ballroom....you can compare the couples more then.

Couples pick their favourite performance from the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

RosyLily wrote: »
    Any idea how the DO dances are picked? Couples best performance? I'd prefer if it was Latin vs Latin or Ballroom vs Ballroom....you can compare the couples more then.

The couple get to choose. They have to decide in advance though, before the results are actually announced.

Edit: Didn't notice above post had already answered!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,193 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just caught up on last night's show.

A few random thoughts.

Really didn't like Mark & Karen's Viennese waltz. Very skippy, not at all smooth like I'd expect (and like) it to be. Quite liked their rumba, which is a big admission from me, cos I bloody hate that dance!

Loved Frankie's Argentine tango.... apart from the Pop Goes the Orchestra version of Beethoven's 5th :mad: A million times sharper and better than Caroline's.

Simon - meh. Just cannot bring myself to get enthusiastic over him at all. Although the foxtrot was lovely, apart from Kristina gurning all through it.

I thought Caroline's first dance was a rumba! Most unfoxtrotty foxtrot I've ever seen. Their samba was fantastic - never thought they'd get 40 for it, though, as the first thing I saw about 3 seconds in was an mistimed jump by one of them (hard to tell who was wrong, but someone was!) I'm delighted that she made it to 40 first, with Pixie gone I think she has to be the main contender for the title.

Jake - very forgettable in both dances tonight. I feel he may be in serious danger, although being bottom of the leaderboard may prompt a bit of voting.

Karen and Kristina seriously need to get over themselves - you'd swear they were contestants the way they carry on. Kristina moaning after the first dance about "the nerves, the semi-final, the NERVES" - eh, you're a pro, love, get over them! And then jumping around like a loon when Simon was praised for the foxtrot, as if the compliments were for her. And Karen throwing her toys out of the pram when Craig DARED to criticise (only obliquely) her choreography.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'd be prepared to put any money on the results tonight - looking forward to the show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Really hope Tristan is back next year! Love his sleeve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,193 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gawd, I didn't recognise half of those pro-dancers!

Who was dancing with Iveta (looked like Darren???)? And Aliona (looked familiar, I'm sure I should know him)?

Advertisement