Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

fr336 wrote: »
    People watching the red button live?

Yup, mark and yer one on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyway, people - I look forward to the post-mortem continuing - but for now, 'twas fun sharing the Strictly journey with y'all (*sly tear runs down cheek*).

Lets hope we can find some other pathetic reality show to commune over before next September and the next set of Strictly contestants/victims!

Happy Christmas everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Judy Murray on ice could have been comedy gold.

:D:D

People watching the red button live?
    Don't have a red button :mad:

What am I missing?

Anyway, people - I look forward to the post-mortem continuing - but for now, 'twas fun sharing the Strictly journey with y'all (*sly tear runs down cheek*).

Lets hope we can find some other pathetic reality show to commune over before next September and the next set of Strictly contestants/victims!

Happy Christmas everyone :D

Same to you :)

• Advertisement

What am I missing?

Zoe Ball live in the studio interviewing everyone. It'll probably be online in various places soon enough.

What am I missing?

Happy Xmas to you too.

Not missing much, lots of talk about journeys and rollercoasters.

Judy Murray on ice could have been comedy gold

:eek:

So, what next? The Queen's Speech? (He says on an Irish forum :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Happy for Caroline but even more so for Pasha. He's a fantastic dancer and a beautiful choreographer. Really deserves it!

Now, I'm off to find a hobby.....until next September!!:pac:

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

• Advertisement

They surely have to have come up with some substitute for DoI :confused:

They surely have to have come up with some substitute for DoI :confused:

Yeah, Stars in their Eyes is returning :pac: (No really)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

See you next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Yeah, Stars in their Eyes is returning :pac: (No really)

I don't think "Tonight, Harry, I'm going to be..." is going to catch on quite as much as "Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be..." did. ;)

I don't think "Tonight, Harry, I'm going to be..." is going to catch on quite as much as "Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be..." did. ;)

I know right :( I do like Harry a lot though....god TV Burp was so bloody good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Really happy Caroline won, would have liked to have seen Pixie in the final but alas... ;)

Merry Christmas everyone, I'm sure I'll see you all back here on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just catching up now. Delighted Caroline won. Really can't understand the judges praise for Simon, he is distinctly adverage to me.

Loved loved both Frankie and Caroline's showdances. Traditional ballroom and modern contemporary, so different but equally great.

Great series overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well I'm well satisfied with that. Caroline's first dance was incredible, love her charleston. I just never got the mark hype, he always seemed a wee bit off to me. Yay christmas special :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Delighted for Caroline:D......look forward to the Christmas special!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

RosyLily wrote: »
    Happy for Caroline but even more so for Pasha. He's a fantastic dancer and a beautiful choreographer. Really deserves it!

It does mean that he's more than likely going to get an awful person next year though :(

He must be such a lovely man, all of his celebrities get on really well with him. Like Chelsee was basically in love with the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Tweets from Caroline earlier on today...

I tend to agree with her. I did ballet for 7 years as a child and I'm still incredibly ungraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Please don't hate me for saying this ..... but Simon & Kristina's Argentine Tango was one of my favourite dances of the series! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Just catching up now. Delighted Caroline won. Really can't understand the judges praise for Simon, he is distinctly average to me.

Loved loved both Frankie and Caroline's showdances. Traditional ballroom and modern contemporary, so different but equally great.

Great series overall.

Couldn't have put it much better myself!

I didn't particularly like Caroline when the series started but the programme showed a side of her that impressd me - someone who was prepared to work her socks off and was actually a very nice person.

I still think Pixie was the best dancer but glad that Caroline won in her place.

Anyone watching the Xmas special?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Yes! I don't like Louis but he's a very good dancer, his & Sophie's were my favourites of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They really need forsyth back for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

ShazGV wrote: »
    Yes! I don't like Louis but he's a very good dancer, his & Sophie's were my favourites of the night.

Yes, it was really great. You can see how he was a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

For the last time in 2014 - my thoughts on the Xmas Special
    OK so its really all just a bit of fun, but I like to watch it first and be judge me and then watch it back and be drunk me!!

Chris Hollins - 6 -What a disaster. No swivel, no bounce, no technical effort :( But really enjoyable.

Rachel Stevens - 9 - So angelic like, outstanding Waltz shame about the mistake in the Closing In's(?) where she missed Tristans hand.

Russel Grant - 6 - What else were you expecting!!!

Sophie Ellis-Bexter - 9 - Real nice swing to it and good footwork, pity about the flat hands.

Lisa Riley - 7 - Inconsistent bounce and kicks and flicks were a disaster, great fun though!

Louis Smith - 10 - Not a great fan of his, but his Quickstep was incredible, and the reverse jété!!!!! Strictly performance of the year. Deserving winner.

Advertisement