Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just watched Jake's salsa back again - wowee zowee - may have to watch it again, again!

Also had to laugh even louder second time round at Len with his "well, well..... spank me gently with a wet chamois" :D.

ETA - said it before (I think), but he really is the MOST unlikely looking salsa wowser I've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Please bring Arlene back, or at least replace Darcey, Len or Bruno with another "nasty" (in other words, honest) judge. Those scores tonight were all over the shop. A 5 for Judy's Cha Cha!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I cannot warm to Darcey. I also think Arlene should come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

bopper wrote: »
    .........Those scores tonight were all over the shop. A 5 for Judy's Cha Cha!?

She was shocking. I think she will be first to go.

Judy must go, she's as stiff as a pole. Pity if she does go though, cos I love Anton.

Jennifer is quite graceful but she hasn't got the personality to go far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I know who goes so won't watch the results show.
    I agree the marking is a bit all over the place, I think the only one that marks correctly is craig

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I know who goes so won't watch the results show.
    I agree the marking is a bit all over the place, I think the only one that marks correctly is craig

Oh is it recorded?

fussyonion wrote: »
    Oh is it recorded?

It's always recorded on a Saturday night straight after the live show. They just show the results on the Sunday.
    If you have no willpower likeme I will Always find out

I doubt Anton will be with the show after this year. He should have gotten Brucies job. Tess just isn't up to it. Hope Judy goes, followed by Jennifer and Greg in that order! Loved Len and Brunos double act!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Think Jake is the best in it!

Surely to god Judy will be going tonight? She doesn't even look like she is trying, and isn't even an entertainment factor there either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Loving the let it go dance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Think Jake is the best in it!

Surely to god Judy will be going tonight? She doesn't even look like she is trying, and isn't even an entertainment factor there either!
    I'm a bit behind, playing catch up here.

It's only with the replay I realised how many truly awful dances there were :eek:

I thought as well that they might put Judy out of her misery, but she's fated to do another day - hopefully it's not a salsa or jive or something - a nice foxtrot would be more up her alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    It's always recorded on a Saturday night straight after the live show. They just show the results on the Sunday.
    If you have no willpower likeme I will Always find out

Be better if it were live on a Sunday or else show all on the Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Sorry to see Greg go but glad to see the back of miserable Aliona.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Ah I can't believe people actually voted to keep Judy & Anton in it. She is woeful and she looks like she would prefer to be anywhere else. Also Anton doesn't seem too bothered. It seems to me that he doesn't put in the same hours of training compared to all the other couples (obviously that's my own opinion).

Sorry to see Greg go, he wasn't great at dancing, but he seems like great craic and by the comments from the other dancers, he was well liked.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Be better if it were live on a Sunday or else show all on the Saturday night

Probably a lot of unnecessary time and effort to host it live on the Sunday, having to bring everyone back, get them in costume again etc.

I guess showing it on the Sunday get's them more ratings as more people would be at home, and they do a good job at keeping the results under wraps. It's only if you actively go searching for the result before Sunday will you find it, so no worries about stumbling on it by accident.

Plus, I personally still watch the results show even though I know who's out!

Greg seemed so lovely. I wonder if they hadn't put him with misery guts would he have done any better?
    I do think the poster who said anton doesn't take it as seriously as the other professionals is right. Then again he is always paired with a bad person so can you blame him

I'm sort of new to watching Strictly - why are you saying that Aliona is miserable etc.? what have i missed?

A few years ago Aliona won it, the year after she got someone bad (naturally) so she sulked. She also made a few comments about the show the BBC etc, so they dropped her for a couple of years. She came back last year to replace someone who was sick.

I think thats everything, but correct me if im wrong

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah I can't believe people actually voted to keep Judy & Anton in it. She is woeful and she looks like she would prefer to be anywhere else. Also Anton doesn't seem too bothered. It seems to me that he doesn't put in the same hours of training compared to all the other couples (obviously that's my own opinion).

Judy is more wooden than a tennis racket (see what I did there :-P )

I'd say it was a case of people voting to keep Anton in rather than Judy. I like Anton he's a character and it's actually refreshing he doesnt take it so seriously, theres enough of them sulking that it's nice seeing someone have fun out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I'm sort of new to watching Strictly - why are you saying that Aliona is miserable etc.? what have i missed?

If she doesn't get a good dancer as a partner she sulks and doesn't put effort into their training or play to their strengths. She was dropped as a pro last year but rehired because (the lovely) Natalie was injured.

thanks for letting me know! I had no idea that is how she reacts if she gets a bad partner. I wasn't really paying much attention really, but I guess you can see it in her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Loughc wrote: »
    Judy is more wooden than a tennis racket (see what I did there :-P )

I'd say it was a case of people voting to keep Anton in rather than Judy. I like Anton he's a character and it's actually refreshing he doesnt take it so seriously, theres enough of them sulking that it's nice seeing someone have fun out there.

I doubt it's Anton. Judy will probably have all of Scotland voting for her after her big tartan fest,"Mull of Kintyre" waltz on week one.
    Time and time again on these reality shows people vote for people from their locality and keep a contestant in who shouldn't be there. Infact I think many people have won contests based on their local support.

You can tell Aliona hated Greg. Poor Greg.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

cloud493 wrote: »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2783736/Aliona-Vilani-pleads-Strictly-bosses-stop-pairing-golden-oldies.html
    after being voted off first on Sunday night's Strictly Come Dancing, following her chef-themed dance with Masterchef host Greg Wallace, 49, the Kazakhstan-born beauty is reportedly fuming.
    Hinting at her fury, the 30-year-old retweeted a slew of Twitter comments slamming the show for continuing to pair her with old timers...

...'She feels she is due a good partner next year and is sick of being voted off early on because her partners have two left feet.'
    The newspaper adds that Gregg Wallace has since described the star as being 'very scary,' adding that 'there was nothing warm' about their union.

Fair enough, she mightn't like being paired with awful dancers, but it's so unprofessional to look so pissed off about it. Also, she won a few series back with Harry Judd, whereas some of the dancers have never won at all. Suck it up dear!

Not sure she'll be back next year, tbh.

I hope she's not back next year
    At least when the other professionals get someone old they still put a smile on. Look at Natalie, so full of joy even though there's no chance

Probably is scary, feel sorry for Greg now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2783736/Aliona-Vilani-pleads-Strictly-bosses-stop-pairing-golden-oldies.html

Fair enough, she mightn't like being paired with awful dancers, but it's so unprofessional to look so pissed off about it. Also, she won a few series back with Harry Judd, whereas some of the dancers have never won at all. Suck it up dear!

Not sure she'll be back next year, tbh.

Re Harry Judd, exactly right! On top of the fact that he was young handsome and athletic, he had also danced on the show before as part of a Children in Need special, and had a large pre existing fan base from being a part of McFly. She also finished runner up with Matt Baker the year before that. So she can't exactly say the producers have been unkind to her in the past.

There were other far more popular pros like Ian, Erin and Vincent who have since left without never experiencing winning.

cloud493 wrote: »

It was so awkward when he was praising her for being so patient after they were voted of, and the best she could do was shake his hand and say "you're welcome"!

• Advertisement

I can't believe Aliona is married to an Irish man--Irish men are known for their humour; how does he tolerate her?

She was completely unprofessional to behave the way she has done towards Greg. Isn't she being paid to be a dancer?!

She shouldn't come back next year, grumpy old b*tch.

Advertisement