Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Walker / Day Care

• 20-08-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

Unfortunately my working hours have changed and I need to look for alternative arrangements for my dog. I do not have a car at the moment so I am very limited. I am based in Terenure. Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable trust worthy dog loving dog walker? Or someone who can mind him in there own home during the day?

It is really important to me that he is well looked after. So personal recommendations would be great. I have heard and witnessed some horror stories with dog walkers...walking 10 dogs with no control of any of them. My dog is good with other dogs but cannot be walked off lead. If there are any doggie day care facilities I may have overlooked that would be an option too.

I am happy to pay the going rates. Thank you for any feedback. My heart is breaking so annoyed with the changes at work.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lesley from Clever Companions is great - http://www.clevercompanions.ie/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

tk123 wrote: »
    Lesley from Clever Companions is great - http://www.clevercompanions.ie/

I can't find it anywhere on her site (but maybe I missed it!), where is Lesley based?

There's also Karen from The Barkley providing a similar service in Rathgar.
    http://www.thebarkley.ie/dog-walking-in-dublin-south

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

My dog goes to lepet.ie in churchtown every day.

DBB wrote: »
    I can't find it anywhere on her site (but maybe I missed it!), where is Lesley based?

Ah here - somebody needs to go to specsavers :pac: :p

From the homepage - "Clever Companions provides fully insured professional dog walking and training services to clients in South Dublin and North Wicklow."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

tk123 wrote: »
    Ah here - somebody needs to go to specsavers :pac: :p

From the homepage - "Clever Companions provides fully insured professional dog walking and training services to clients in South Dublin and North Wicklow."

Sigh.
    Another senior moment.
    That said, it kinda annoys me when people don't say where they're based. Someone in Dun Laoghaire might say they cover South Dublin and North Wicklow, but if I lived in Rathfarnham I wouldn't bother contacting them on the assumption they wouldn't cover my area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Katrina101

Hi,

Thank you for posting. Those suggestions have put my mind at ease a wee bit. I will contact them to find out more info. Thank's again I was feeling so guilty so this has went some way to help :)

Katrina101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you for posting. Those suggestions have put my mind at ease a wee bit. I will contact them to find out more info. Thank's again I was feeling so guilty so this has went some way to help :)

Most of them have FB pages so you can suss what the dogs get up to on their walks and if they look happy etc! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Katrina101

Thanks again, calling round this weekend to check availability and schedules. I really hope all goes well as I feel so bad and worried he will not take to this new routine. He likes to sleep all morning so I am hoping with an hours walk in the afternoon, he wont be too upset/destructive for the remaining 4 hours. We will make a fuss and walk him again in the evening.

Thank you so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smunchkins

You could also try "Borrow my Doggy" https://www.borrowmydoggy.com/ as a cheaper alternative.
    I use Muttugly in Ranelagh myself whom I think are fab but know they are probably too far away from you and are mostly full-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭deadwood85

what type of dog is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

Katrina101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Unfortunately my working hours have changed and I need to look for alternative arrangements for my dog. I do not have a car at the moment so I am very limited. I am based in Terenure. Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable trust worthy dog loving dog walker? Or someone who can mind him in there own home during the day?

It is really important to me that he is well looked after. So personal recommendations would be great. I have heard and witnessed some horror stories with dog walkers...walking 10 dogs with no control of any of them. My dog is good with other dogs but cannot be walked off lead. If there are any doggie day care facilities I may have overlooked that would be an option too.

I am happy to pay the going rates. Thank you for any feedback. My heart is breaking so annoyed with the changes at work.

Thanks.

I've a similar situation.
    What have you decided to do?

Advertisement