Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

Options
  • 20-08-2014 3:00pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did you see that this is available on the Origin Game Time?

It's a brilliant little game and does some things really well. What I think I like most is that like TF2, you are instantly certain of what sort of enemy you see in the distance before deciding if you want to engage them or not it's an intuitive piece of game design and not one enough people pay attention to.

For all it's cartoony looks, there's a pretty solid game underneath the hood and a real depth of game play for anyone with a decent shooters experience (having been playing this sort of thing for 15 years, I'm consistently top 2 or 3 of my team even when it's a map I've not played before).

There's a horrible pile of microtransaction stuff in this game, it's unpleasant and somewhat spoils my impressions of an otherwise great little game, but I'm giving some serious thought to pulling the trigger and making a full purchase.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I loved the PvZ original game. Saw this on the US PSN last night for 39.99 so think I might just get it, its an online only game is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Saw this on the US PSN last night for 39.99 so think I might just get it

DON'T, this is NOTHING like PvZ.
    And I don't believe it should cost that much either tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    DON'T

Why?

I had to post that on it's own before I could add justification.

FWIW PVZ2 is free on all app stores.... it's not as good and is a mobile only game.
    But you can play the game without paying EA a cent,
    Though they do hold the best few plants hostage for you $$$

Garden Warfare is an FPS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WPYjFAztF4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's a third person shooter not a FPS, and it's actually thoroughly enjoyable

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    It's a third person shooter not a FPS, and it's actually thoroughly enjoyable

Sorry yes, you are correct.
    But is it worth $40?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's an online only multi-player shooter that has a price to reflect that. It's clever, intuitive and fun. Is it worth €20? Yea, probably. Found some sub €20 prices here: http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-cd-key-compare-prices/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's not quite online only. There's a single payer mode and local multiplayer.

It's good fun with a decent group. Lacks a bit in terms of gameplay modes, but it's decent, and worth $40 if you pick it up from the states

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anyone else get ridiculous stutters in multiplayer consistently? Unplayable for me at the moment..

Playing on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Fixed the problem. Such a fun game! Gardens and Graveyards is such a good mode.

Alot more enjoyable than the likes of Battlefield or COD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I bought it thinking I would only play the co-op Garden Ops (since I cant stand online shooters) but found myself enjoying the Gardens & Graveyards. The spread of abilities is nice, both sides aren't mirrors so each class plays a little differently.

Finally bit the bullet and bought this last night, its currently 26.99 on the ps store for the PS4 and its a great little game. I can see myself sinking alot of time into this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Picked this up in the recent Humble Bundle and I've been playing it all afternoon. Man I really enjoy this game :D

If that new Wii U game Splatoon is half as fun as this, they'll be onto a winner.

Advertisement