Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autofast Ballincollig

• 20-08-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST..NOVICE BOARDS USER!!

Has anyone out there ever had any issues delaing with Autofast Ballincollig in Cork?

I brought my car to them in March as the engine fault light suddenly came on and the whol cars started to shudder..I stupidly panicked and did not bring it to my ususal mechanic.

I had major issues with them about a price they gave me but charged me 8- quid more and fitted this more expensive part before they consulted me about price. Whe I disputed this their answer was well we will take the part out so but wil charge you for the labour.

Now 5 months later I have had the same issue but my own mechanic has got me a genuine peugot part(turns out the one the fitted is a fake part even though they cliam to use genuine parts). I rang Autofast and said that the part they fitted was faulty and could they send it back and fit a replacenment to which I was told I would be without a car for 6 weeks as this is how long it will take them to ghet it tested by the supplier?

Not sure if I have any way of getting any of the money I paud back?

Grateful for any advise at all :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

I got a bulp fitted by them in my car a head light bulp and within a month the bulp was blown and this is only summer time driving, I will let it go for now but I would have my suspicions it could been a second hand bulp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    I got a bulp fitted by them in my car a head light bulp and within a month the bulp was blown and this is only summer time driving, I will let it go for now but I would have my suspicions it could been a second hand bulp.

:confused::confused:

Yeah any place selling bulbs that blow sound like a right shower of crooks and should be avoided. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭Cerco

Emmersxxxx wrote: »
    SORRY FOR THE LONG POST..NOVICE BOARDS USER!!

Has anyone out there ever had any issues delaing with Autofast Ballincollig in Cork?

I brought my car to them in March as the engine fault light suddenly came on and the whol cars started to shudder..I stupidly panicked and did not bring it to my ususal mechanic.

I had major issues with them about a price they gave me but charged me 8- quid more and fitted this more expensive part before they consulted me about price. Whe I disputed this their answer was well we will take the part out so but wil charge you for the labour.

Now 5 months later I have had the same issue but my own mechanic has got me a genuine peugot part(turns out the one the fitted is a fake part even though they cliam to use genuine parts). I rang Autofast and said that the part they fitted was faulty and could they send it back and fit a replacenment to which I was told I would be without a car for 6 weeks as this is how long it will take them to ghet it tested by the supplier?

Not sure if I have any way of getting any of the money I paud back?

Grateful for any advise at all :)
    Why would you be without the car if your mechanic had already fixed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

bazz26 wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

Yeah any place selling bulbs that blow sound like a right shower of crooks and should be avoided. :rolleyes:

Blowing bulbs are bad enough but bulps are worse..

Advertisement