Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazelwood Celbridge - Phase 2 Under Construction!

Options
  • 20-08-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hazelwood Celbridge Phase 2 is under construction. Inviting any questions from potential new neighbours (I live in Phase 1) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laurawonda

Hi!! Myself & my boyf are eagerly awaiting more info on this development. We are hoping to buy one so we could be potential neighbours :-) Are you happy in phase 1??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TRASK

Hi Laurawonda

Phase 1 is a gorgeous little development but not without its problems! we are really hoping the developer will finish the road surface and provide a boundary to the estate, also close the laneway into neighbouring HazelHatch from where we get a lot of youths etc. walking through. Lots of snags to resolve in the estate unfort.

The Phase 1 houses are gorgeous. This new developer is different to the original developer so can't speak to the quality of the proposed new builds! I do think they will prove their salt by addressing the unfinished areas of Phase 1 urgently - that would be a good sign and would not have to slow down Phase 2 if planned right :) have you been in touch with Coonans?

ps you can visit the Hazelwood Residents Association facebook page for pics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - moving to the Kildare County forum

dudara

Yeh i've been on to the facebook page and have seen that you guys are trying to meet with new builder to try sort out all of the above. If it's sorted it will all be of benefit to anyone buying in phase two so fingers crossed they get things done.

Yes we have been in touch with coonans, they haven't provided us with much info at all to be honest. No real price range or anything, just that they are hoping to release them in sept/oct but that they were awaiting more info from new builder so they will be in touch when they have more news. Have you heard any word on prices?

We have drove over a few times and taken a short spin around phase one, its in a great location and the roads are quite spacious, nice to have the few extra parking spaces. Whats the difference between the homes with the balconies and the homes without?

• Advertisement

The ones with balconies are a totally different layout, lovely staircase wraps around from downstairs. Mine is without a balcony, a more typical layout but it has a utility room which is very handy. We have developed a really close knit group here, everyone knows everyone and we've all gotten quite close. It's a great place to be and everyone is SO friendly. Such a shame we are 'unfinished' as we're quite proud of our little community!

No idea of prices unfort can't help you there but soon as you know drop me a pm would be curious myself! If you happen to get any info about the boundary completion plans (it has left us open to car thefts etc.) through the estate agent could you let me know?

Other than that if they follow the same designs these homes are really fabulous... we are just wary of the asbo-types floating through and the security issues so boundary and security are big items for us which the developer will hopefully resolve before they build Phase 2. Fingers crossed! if we leave it until after phase 2 is built we're worried they'll just walk away knowing that new buyers won't appreciate the problems until they're in a few months. Too late then! I have no reason not to trust them but we have had a tough lesson from being unfinished for the last 3 years.

Did you ever visit the show house in Phase 1?

Its fantastic that you have all created such a nice community, very far and few between these days. Sounds like a really nice place to live. No we never got to see a show house we were not in a position to buy at the time.

Are the kitchens in the front in all of the homes?

It's unfortunate you have had to wait 3 years to have the above issues resolved, lets hope your not waiting too much longer, they would definitely be issues we as potential buyers of phase two would also want addressed.

Yes if I hear anything at all from the estate agents I will let you know. Would really appreciate if you kept us informed after your meeting with the new developers will be interesting to see if they listen to the residents of phase 1!!!

In fact, kitchens are mostly to the back as far as I know... same for any of the homes I've been in except one of the phase 1 show houses! Nice wide kitchen across the back of the house, big ground floor wc, plus small (but v. functional) utility room and under stairs storage... so handy for hoover etc. its a godsend! There's loads of storage in these houses, I didn't know what to do with it all!

Really excited for show houses to just be ready so we can get over to see them haha!! Exciting times :) Will keep in touch, thank you for all the info really appreciate it!!

No worries at all, keep an eye on fb for Residents Association updates. I can't tell you how much more valuable your home will be in 5 years time if they resolve the issues. Really exciting time for you both I remember it well! Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mattysgolfing

Just to post my 2 cents worth. The housing estate itself is small (25 currently built, 1 empty), I bought off plan back in March 2010 and they flew off the shelves due to the pent up demand at the time. Within 5 minutes they had 3 or 4 deposits, so if you are interested i think the same could happen again as the housing market for 3-4 beds going crazy at the moment. After wkd 1 of the showhouses officially being opened they had sold 60-70% of the houses off plan, impressive especially as 2010 was deep in recession. This was due to how much house you got for your money, rooms very generous espeically upstairs, good garden and driveway. Not sure how the new houses will be built, but if they follow the previous logic great house for your money.

I expected the estate to be complete within 2 years and now end of 2014 still less than half complete. With that we are waiting on issues such as roads, boundaries and an unexpeted footfall via the laneway to be addressed by the new builder. We would hope the boundaries and laneway be dealt with ASAP (with the Kildare County Coucil's permission).

The above issues meant the Hazelwood community came together to organise meetings, clean the estate and generally converse on a regulr basis about estate and non estate issues. There is a really good Buzz and community spirit in the estate and even a Summer BBQ held in 2014. It is a great place to live and people watch each others backs.

Any news on the showhouse completion date/prices/styles etc let us know.

Just an update- At the moment the builder has cleared the debris away and done extensive work in the past 2/3 weeks, This is positive and I think it could be very soon before the showhouse is up and we see buyers around.

You're spot on mattysgolfing just hope P2 buyers don't find themselves without a boundary!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Millevanilly

TRASK wrote: »
    You're spot on mattysgolfing just hope P2 buyers don't find themselves without a boundary!

It's highly doubtful phase two will find themselves without a boundary. Phase two will back onto temple laws which is already walled off with that estates' back gardens and on the other side is the grove which again is already walled off with back gardens behind the trees. So there is an existing boundary there on both sides already.

It's highly doubtful phase two will find themselves without a boundary. Phase two will back onto temple laws which is already walled off with that estates' back gardens and on the other side is the grove which again is already walled off with back gardens behind the trees. So there is an existing boundary there on both sides already.

Hi Millevanilly, Phase 1 backs onto the Grove through a treeline/bushes, and a pathway has been "walked in" due to regular use. The rear of Phase 2 adjoins Hazelwood Green so I would differ with you there.

You are quite right regarding it backing onto Temple Lawns etc. at the other edges. The boundary issues are along the grove/trees facing Hazelwood Green and the laneway leading from Hazelhatch.

We have had car thefts and loitering etc. in Hazelwood and each evening we have young people coming in from the Grove and from Hazelhatch as we are 'open' on both sides. Also, anyone walking to Tesco etc. seems to shortcut through Hazelwood.

All of that said, the houses themselves are really lovely if you're thinking of buying. It's a very friendly place. Are you in the market for a phase 2 place? Rumour has it they'll be up fast!

Hi Millevanilly, Phase 1 backs onto the Grove through a treeline/bushes, and a pathway has been "walked in" due to regular use. The rear of Phase 2 adjoins Hazelwood Green so I would differ with you there.

You are quite right regarding it backing onto Temple Lawns etc. at the other edges. The boundary issues are along the grove/trees facing Hazelwood Green and the laneway leading from Hazelhatch.

We have had car thefts and loitering etc. in Hazelwood and each evening we have young people coming in from the Grove and from Hazelhatch as we are 'open' on both sides. Also, anyone walking to Tesco etc. seems to shortcut through Hazelwood.

All of that said, the houses themselves are really lovely if you're thinking of buying. It's a very friendly place. Are you in the market for a phase 2 place? Rumour has it they'll be up fast!

Surely car thefts and loitering are common to most estates.

I know there are numerous short cuts from the grove into the surrounding estates, but seen as that green is a public open space they cannot block it off.

There has been walkways through the ditches for as long as I can remember, they have never gotten any bigger and they link all the new estates together with the grove which is a friendly and mature estate. I think the "asbo" type you refer too in previous posts come from the other estates surrounding the grove.

Surely car thefts and loitering are common to most estates.

I know there are numerous short cuts from the grove into the surrounding estates, but seen as that green is a public open space they cannot block it off.

There has been walkways through the ditches for as long as I can remember, they have never gotten any bigger and they link all the new estates together with the grove which is a friendly and mature estate. I think the "asbo" type you refer too in previous posts come from the other estates surrounding the grove.

Not sure how far flung our asbo types are, ive never followed them home lol

You're not alone in your opinion about the grove by the way! This is just mine :)

Hoping we won't have to rush in and buy off plans really wanna see the show houses first. So annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoifet

Hi there,
    Just found this thread and I know it's going back a few months but has anyone any more information on phase 2?.
    Dates for showhouse completion/prices etc?. Or any info at all :)

Thanks.

Hi aoifet, things are moving quickly but have been slowed by the weather and hols in recent weeks. Construction on phase 2 has already started so it won't be long before there is a proper sales process in place. I guess springtime but that's just a guess based on the speed of the builders when they are on site - things move quickly.

If you're not already talking to Coonans, give them a call or check out the residents association fb page for more regular updates. There is a boundary issue which will be a problem for new buyers, relating to a laneway to the adjoined Hazelhatch estate. It's a real problem, make sure you mention it to Coonans when you make enquiries!

Best of luck with your search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoifet

Hi aoifet, things are moving quickly but have been slowed by the weather and hols in recent weeks. Construction on phase 2 has already started so it won't be long before there is a proper sales process in place. I guess springtime but that's just a guess based on the speed of the builders when they are on site - things move quickly.

If you're not already talking to Coonans, give them a call or check out the residents association fb page for more regular updates. There is a boundary issue which will be a problem for new buyers, relating to a laneway to the adjoined Hazelhatch estate. It's a real problem, make sure you mention it to Coonans when you make enquiries!

Best of luck with your search :)

Thank you for your reply. I will be sure to mention the lane way as I can see it is a real issue for the area. Hope to speak with them monday.
    Thanks again!

• Advertisement

hi aoift

we have ended up buying else where as this development was taking too long. We had been told phase two would be ready to sell in nov 2014 but they are still not on the market. The house we have bought is also a new estate and they were sold with out any real advertising, we got the last 3 bed semi by chance that we contacted the estate agent regarding a diff development. Be sure to get in touch with coonans and keep in touch with them because the demand for new homes around this area is very high!

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mattysgolfing

Hi everyone,

I spoke to Coonan and they have confirmed that the show house will be open April 25th 2015. They have 2 Semi-detached @ 390k and also have Mid terrace and end of terrace houses starting from 320k or 340k, think that is to be decided. The show house will be fitted out but no furniture. I think there will be a total of 11 houses to buy, Well there are 11 that they've built so far. I'm sure you can buy off plan for the next phases.

If the market hasn't changed they could sell very quickly, chelmsford manor went very quickly and the prices have increased since they launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

Looks like we are back to 2007 asking prices. There has been a massive surge in houses for sale in the Greater Dublin area over the last two months.(note media blackout of same) Looks like the smart money people are quietly exiting the market just like 2006. We have government talking about First Time Buyer Grants to try and keep up with prices. This isn't going to end well.........

AFAIK Chelmsfort Manor is still not sold......showhouse is open this weekend.

Hi everyone,

I spoke to Coonan and they have confirmed that the show house will be open April 25th 2015. They have 2 Semi-detached @ 390k and also have Mid terrace and end of terrace houses starting from 320k or 340k, think that is to be decided. The show house will be fitted out but no furniture. I think there will be a total of 11 houses to buy, Well there are 11 that they've built so far. I'm sure you can buy off plan for the next phases.

If the market hasn't changed they could sell very quickly, chelmsford manor went very quickly and the prices have increased since they launched.

It's strange all the houses are four beds with the attic already converted; there was a choice for the first phase if you wanted the fourth bedroom or not. Crazy money for a house, at least with a three bed you have a slightly cheaper option, then maybe convert yourself when the time/finances are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

It's strange all the houses are four beds with the attic already converted; there was a choice for the first phase if you wanted the fourth bedroom or not. Crazy money for a house, at least with a three bed you have a slightly cheaper option, then maybe convert yourself when the time/finances are right.

As far as I can see there is a different builder doing phase 2 vs phase 1, so that might explain why the attics are already converted.

Asking prices for houses on that side of celbridge seems to have gone crazy since the back end of last year...very much back to 2007 figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hocchic

Hi,

Can anyone advise in relation to the mid terrace houses? I am aware it is a separate builder but what is the sound insulation like and is keeping the bins at the front door an issue?

Many thanks.

Hocchic wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone advise in relation to the mid terrace houses? I am aware it is a separate builder but what is the sound insulation like and is keeping the bins at the front door an issue?

Many thanks.
    Hi, sound insulation is fine. We hear very little from either side apart from the odd trampling up and down stairs. Keeping the bins at the front door isn't a problem although some wheel their bins through house into back garden. We get so much light into the front and back of the house that you wouldn't even notice it's mid terrace, hope this helps

So glad we didn't hang on for these houses in the end. Cannot believe the asking price is so high. Prices seem to be shooting up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hocchic

Hi again,
    There seemed to be plenty of interest in the units but no one appears to have put an offer in due to higher pricing and the show unit not being ready. Does anyone know if there is genuine interest or just tyre kickers? We are interested but feel pricing is high. We were offered units last week prior to launch and didn't proceed, as we think prices a little high and show unit not ready. We would be interested in feedback from anyone else who is (or was) considering buying there?!

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Is anyone able to post up the price list please, or is it available online?

Advertisement