Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazelwood Celbridge - Phase 2 Under Construction!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hocchic

We were quoted the following 2 weeks ago;
    4 bed semi - 390k
    4 bed end of terrace - 370k
    4 bed mid - 350k
    3 bed bungalow detached - 390k (although I could be incorrect on this one as it was not one I was interested in)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Hocchic wrote: »
    4 bed semi - 390k
    4 bed mid - 350k
    3 bed bungalow detached - 390k (although I could be incorrect on this one as it was not one I was interested in)

Thanks for that!

Quite pricey indeed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Hocchic wrote: »
    4 bed semi - 390k
    4 bed mid - 350k

wow that's very high. Any idea how large they are, square feet/meters? I'm just curious. I live in hazelhatch park and am very happy there. It's a great side of Celbridge to live on IMO. good luck with the hunting but offer what you think the house you like is worth......a bit obvious I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MaxPower131

wow that's very high. Any idea how large they are, square feet/meters? I'm just curious. I live in hazelhatch park and am very happy there. It's a great side of Celbridge to live on IMO. good luck with the hunting but offer what you think the house you like is worth......a bit obvious I know :)

Indeed these are simply asking prices, think EA's are pricing these at 2007 levels in the hope they get a few suckers anxious to buy before the Central Bank rules come into force.

I went to see nearby Chelmford Manor last November after the showhouse had opened and was told there "were only a few left" Fast forward to April the showhouse is still opened with houses for sale. The asked prices are also circa 2007.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/chelmsford-manor-chelmsford-manor-celbridge-co-kildare/2881263

However if you go to the property register just a couple have been sold and it would seem at well below asking:

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/website/npsra/PPR/npsra-ppr.nsf/PPR-By-Date?SearchView&Start=1&SearchMax=0&SearchOrder=4&Query=%5Bdt_execution_date%5D%3E=01/01/2015%20AND%20%5Bdt_execution_date%5D%3C01/01/2016%20AND%20%5Baddress%5D=*chelmsford*&County=&Year=2015&StartMonth=&EndMonth=&Address=chelmsford

(Probably need to add 12.5% for VAT)
    No.10 & 11- 4 bed semis
    No. 14- Detached

Moral of the story.....asking prices are just that especially if they are in Celtic Tiger loolaaa land!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mattysgolfing

TBH i can't believe house prices are up as high as they are. From serious negative equity to being in the black in the space of a few years.

In regards to chelmsford if you add 13.5%VAT on the houses sold for 363k-425k. Only 3 on the propertypriceregister website but thats because the time it takes to build the houses and close. Coonan have told a friend of mine that most of the estate is reserved.

Hazelwood show house is open BTW, i went Friday and i think the builder done a great job and squeezing every inch out of the house. Less wasted space than the 1st builds. The finish looks better also. FYI houses are from 1470sqft-1550sqft so a lot of house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mattysgolfing

Chelmsford price list

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hocchic

Does anyone know will there be social and affordable housing in the new phases? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

I don't know the houses or area, but I do see the new ones are A rated and have solar panels and very high grade of insulation.

An "A" grade house will have hugely reduced heating bills compared to "C" grade - something to add into the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

I have been informed that the showhouse and #13 are sold and for asking. No idea if this is true or not and nothing on the property price register. Either way asking price is well beyond my budget now so it's put me out of the market for these

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Does anyone know whats available and what are the prices ? I see on daft that 4 bed terrace is €325K but prices which Hocchic quoted says it €350K. is there a primary school near by ? is school on a walking distance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

bbari wrote: »
    Does anyone know whats available and what are the prices ? I see on daft that 4 bed terrace is €325K but prices which Hocchic quoted says it €350K. is there a primary school near by ? is school on a walking distance ?

St Patricks school is a 5-10 minute walk, it's down near the GAA ground, it's a mixed school.
    There's 4 other schools on the other side if the river

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

does anybody know whats going on with Hazelwood these days? There looks to be quite a few more finished...but i dont see these being for sale anywhere? Were they already sold?

Anybody know how much they went for?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

The site works are still ongoing, I spoke to one the lads on the site and they will be ready in about 2-3 weeks. There is going to be 3 show houses there is a few different units

anybody know what the management fee for the development is (I'm assuming there is one!)

Dont think there is a free, kildare county council from what i know

Dont think there is a fee, kildare county council from what i know

StrawDub wrote: »
    Dont think there is a fee, kildare county council from what i know

thanks

trying to get information from Coonans on this is like trying to get blood from a stone. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

had a look at these the larger versions are really nice I think the detached was 475 K seems really dear ?

blueballfc wrote: »
    had a look at these the larger versions are really nice I think the detached was 475 K seems really dear ?

yup....they are charging that coz of the size of garden (at the side!) and coz its detached. House opp that is semi detached with a large garden and went for 465K

prices are a bit off the wall again!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Had a look at the 4 bed smaller (type E) version plenty of space up stairs but thought space was a bit small downstairs.
    Has anyone else viewed /considered purchasing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Prismatic

Hi, we have a booking deposit down for a type D semi.

The detached was showing as sold two weeks ago but is back on the market so buyer must have pulled out. Think there were three E types and two D types (one detached) still available when we were there during the Saturday viewing this weekend. Next phase to go up in price as per estate agent and I believe them the way the market is right now.

E Type sitting room was a bit too small for us alright. Rest of the house was nice though.

Had a look at the 4 bed smaller (type E) version plenty of space up stairs but thought space was a bit small downstairs.
    Has anyone else viewed /considered purchasing ?
    Prismatic wrote: »
    Hi, we have a booking deposit down for a type D semi.

The detached was showing as sold two weeks ago but is back on the market so buyer must have pulled out. Think there were three E types and two D types (one detached) still available when we were there during the Saturday viewing this weekend. Next phase to go up in price as per estate agent and I believe them the way the market is right now.

E Type sitting room was a bit too small for us alright. Rest of the house was nice though.

I agree. for a 4 bed house the sitting room for the smaller house was way too small. I did like the utility room though, that was good use of space. The kitchen was a bit small too.

for the bigger house,I did not like the kitchen/utility space...its badly badly designed. Kitchen seems squashed and squeezed in, and then the utility is a big waste of space that could have been used in the kitchen area.

Like the location and the fact it will be a small(ish) estate when finished.
    Spoke to a couple who are residents and they like the estate, the only problem was the boundary with The Grove estate and that's now been fenced.
    They are pretty energy efficient with an BER A3. Haven't quite decided yet whether to buy or not though !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Like the location and the fact it will be a small(ish) estate when finished.
    Spoke to a couple who are residents and they like the estate, the only problem was the boundary with The Grove estate and that's now been fenced.
    They are pretty energy efficient with an BER A3. Haven't quite decided yet whether to buy or not though !

Yeah, i agree with the location, it's fairly close to the village and not too far from the train station,
    I know a few people from The Grove and they had a similar problem with the boundary and people cutting through, glad it's fixed now

Might be a daft question but are any of the units designated for social housing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Prismatic

Might be a daft question but are any of the units designated for social housing ?

Don't think any in the current phase are since all were available to buy on the opening day.

Notice price has gone up on at least 1 house !

Notice price has gone up on at least 1 house !

really? which one?

Is the budget going to affect the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,886 ✭✭✭✭L1011

daheff wrote: »

Absolutely. Every builder will price in the "grant". Populist nonsense to support the builders - all the hallmarks of FF interference in the budget process.

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    really? which one?

No 29 was 375k now 382k !
    Price went up before the budget though.
    I still like the development, does anyone know if phase 1 is mostly owner occupier or many rented.

Advertisement