Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max heat on lowest setting - Belling Electric Grill/Oven

Options
  • 20-08-2014 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I've a Belling Electric Grill/Oven. Recently the grill has been giving me trouble. Once i turn on the knob it goes straight to max heat, even if i have it set at the lowest setting. No control over the heat.

Any idea how to repair or what needs to be replaced?

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

That sounds to be like it just needs a new know which is actually a rotary kind of thermostat (well used to be in my day) :D

If you can get access to the back of the knob it might be a diy job, and all you need is the part which you could get from belling or bring old knob to any electrical shop and they might have an equivelant, might not look the same so might have to get it from belling agents if looks matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dieseldave

Thanks Danjo,

I'll take off the front panel and see what's going on inside. I'll let you know how i get on.

Cheers,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

I had similar with a cooker ring. No control , just full on. Or off. No idea how to solve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

adrian92 wrote: »
    I had similar with a cooker ring. No control , just full on. Or off. No idea how to solve

Likely solved by fitting a new simmerstat.

Advertisement