Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Message appearing on IPAD

• 20-08-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

Ok, bear with me and maybe this has been covered elsewhere so if it has I apologise

Some of my text messages sent to my phone appear on my IPAD, I dont want this, how do I stop or turn off

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Check if messages are enabled in your iCloud settings (in settings)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Check if messages are enabled in your iCloud settings (in settings)

thanks, but is that on the iphone, cant see messages in icloud settings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Go to SETTINGS > MESSAGES > iMessage

Turn off there.

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Go to SETTINGS > MESSAGES > iMessage

Turn off there.

ok, so if i turn that off then messages will only appear on iphone and no where else

i need to organise surprise party for wife and need to be sure, thanks

BTW whats difference in imessage and text message

iMessages are only from apple device to apple device.

• Advertisement

i need to organise surprise party for wife and need to be sure, thanks

She could easily turn them back on though.

There must be a more secure way...I don't know it offhand though.

?Cee?view wrote: »
    She could easily turn them back on though.

There must be a more secure way...I don't know it offhand though.

but if they are off on my phone then are they not off, or do they need to be turned off on ipad also

so imessage is iphone to iphone,

but if they are off on my phone then are they not off, or do they need to be turned off on ipad also
    Dunno to be honest

so imessage is iphone to iphone,
    and iPad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

You switch off iMessage only on the device you don't want to receive them on (iPad in this case). I don't see why you would switch them off on iPhone. Yes you could switch them back on on iPad but would that be likely to happen?
    iMessage is a text type message but is sent via an Internet connection (like whatsapp) so an iMessage won't send/receive without Internet connection on both ends, also it's not charged as a text message by your provider.
    You can see if something is an iMessage/text by the colour, iMessage=blue, text=green.
    Your iPhone will "know" if the recipient is able to receive iMessage and will automatically send the message as an iMessage if you both have this option switched on. This can sometimes be a problem of the recipient doesn't have an internet connection (eg when roaming) as the msg won't be received then. You will be able to tell though if the iMessage was delivered and sometimes (if this option is switched on be recipient) even if the msg was read.

More here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056427607

Advertisement