Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pisa Marathon 2014 21st Dec.

Options
  • 20-08-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭

I'm flagging this for people who might have a problem coming up to their Autumn marathon or who just run out of time for October. It must be one of the latest 'doable' city marathons in Europe. The course looks very fair. Flat and not too twisty.

I had to cancel last year and they have just mailed me saying that I can take up the deferred entry. I'm unsure as it's even nearer Christmas this time around and Mrs Itz wouldn't be too impressed if the weather screws up flights or bus connections.

Good of em to contact me though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Had in mind Florence marathon end Nov but no direct flights due to winter schedule. Had looked at flying to Pisa as it is fairly close. Same ****
    What route were you looking at getting there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Abhainn wrote: »
    Had in mind Florence marathon end Nov but no direct flights due to winter schedule. Had looked at flying to Pisa as it is fairly close. Same ****
    What route were you looking at getting there?

Sorry, Abhainn, I'm going from Charleroi or Hahn or a mixture of both. Shame the flights aren't on, looks like I'll be on my own if I go then. Small bit bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

Northern Italy can be very cold at this time of year. I know because I shivered my way through the Florence marathon which is slightly beforehand.
    I think this race has been cancelled at short notice previously because the route was iced over. Having said that, I loved the excuse for a short break in Italy, Pisa itself is a great spot, and I might chance it sometime in the future.

Bump!

Booked flights and hotel and sent the form to transfer last year's aborted registration to this. Any brave souls want to do this pre Christmas jolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Considering this, but might still be under-cooked; certainly my pace is still a bit lacking, and LSRs aren't all that L yet. It;ll be a last-minute decision - emailed the mnanagers and they said that you can pretty much sign up on the day.
    But it's certainly on the radar

• Advertisement

brownian wrote: »
    Considering this, but might still be under-cooked; certainly my pace is still a bit lacking, and LSRs aren't all that L yet. It;ll be a last-minute decision - emailed the mnanagers and they said that you can pretty much sign up on the day.
    But it's certainly on the radar

You could do a Wozniaki on it :)

any stories about me and Rory are just lies, lies lies

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Nice place, lovely restaurants, went over the year it was cancelled the night before the race due to ice, was sick in the two weeks up to it so was one of the few relieved rather than annoyed :)

Nice place, lovely restaurants, went over the year it was cancelled the night before the race due to ice, was sick in the two weeks up to it so was one of the few relieved rather than annoyed :)

I've found what looks like a nice beer spot as well for Sunday evening. Only neg (other than a pain in my right knee that I've never had before) is that I may be on me Antonio.

If you're looking for a place to stay, I stayed at Villa Theresa (google it) during the summer, and found it very nice. If I do go (after this week of 'training', it's looking less and less likely, sorry Antonio!), I'll likely stay there.

• Advertisement

brownian wrote: »
    If you're looking for a place to stay, I stayed at Villa Theresa (google it) during the summer, and found it very nice. If I do go (after this week of 'training', it's looking less and less likely, sorry Antonio!), I'll likely stay there.

Thanks. i have already booked a spot. Hotel Bologna.............

Advertisement