Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do with spare modem?

Options
  • 20-08-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I.S.P. have provided new modem which gives excellent cover thro house.Replaced modem while 5/6 years old is still working well without same coverage.

Any ideas how I could use older modem on other PCs and smartphones I have or for any other purpose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

It's modem or router?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

zmccomish wrote: »
    I.S.P. have provided new modem which gives excellent cover thro house.Replaced modem while 5/6 years old is still working well without same coverage.

Any ideas how I could use older modem on other PCs and smartphones I have or for any other purpose?

If its a router with a wan port then you can run a cat5 cable from the back of one to another room and plug it into the wan port to extend your network however you will need to ensure that the ip range of both routers are not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭zmccomish

Thanks to the contributors for their suggestions. It is a new modem and the signal is so good I
    do not ordinarily need a router

Advertisement