Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Science/Mathematics Questions

Options
  • 20-08-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Okay so I've applied for UCD Science (DN 200). I got my offer and of course I accepted.

I'm hoping to finalize in Mathematics as I will be applying to do the Actuary board exams.

I'm looking to know what exemption(s) if any I would receive by doing this Mathematics degree.

(My points weren't high enough to do the Actuarial Science degree but I'm sure I can do the board exams just fine, I have a thing for maths)

So if anyone has done this degree and/or attempted the Actuary Exams could you please help me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

If you pick your modules right in theory you can apply for CT3 and CT6 exemptions. I'd say CT2, CT7 and CT8 are possible if you use your elective slots...
    It will be pretty expensive to do these exams through the Institute. Usually they are sponsored by the employer.

Advertisement