Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table saw blade question

Options
  • 20-08-2014 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hi All,

Bought a second hand table saw, a HEC. The blade needs replacing, the arbour is 16mm but i cant find any 16mm blades for sale... Everything is 30mm. There is a washer/spacer of some sort on the arbour to adapt the 30mm blade to the arbour. Is this ok? also anyone know where i can get the right 16mm blades?

Thanks

Rob

1DAwkVOl.jpg
    XtTopfXl.jpg
    wngs2LOl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Ya you can buy reducing rings for blades alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

city saw center dublin will have all your wants

or screwfix
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-tct-circular-saw-blade-30t-165x10-16mm/22905

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

HEC is a Chinese made saw for the European and US market. You have a 5/8" arbor which is favoured in the USA.
    Reducing bushes are available everywhere but they must be a snug fit and are fine for your current blades. If you are buying a new blade I find it better to buy a 5/8" bore from somebody like www.rockler.com in the US -Freud make a huge range of great blades.
    You seem to have a long arbor so mounting a dado blade should be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

recipio wrote: »
    HEC is a Chinese made saw for the European and US market. You have a 5/8" arbor which is favoured in the USA.
    Reducing bushes are available everywhere but they must be a snug fit and are fine for your current blades. If you are buying a new blade I find it better to buy a 5/8" bore from somebody like www.rockler.com in the US -Freud make a huge range of great blades.
    You seem to have a long arbor so mounting a dado blade should be possible.

Ah i see, after some googling last night all the 16mm blades that turned up were in the states so i kinda figured that. Nice that it will take a dado though.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Ah i see, after some googling last night all the 16mm blades that turned up were in the states so i kinda figured that. Nice that it will take a dado though.

Thanks

Best buy them off the 'bay - 30mm - 5/8" reducing bushes. They have a ridged outer rim for grip so don't be tempted to use washers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 agats

Hi.

I was wondering what these are making on the second hand market, as I have one I might let go.

Advertisement