Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby belly

Options
  • 20-08-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I had a little girl 16months ago I am small build and always had a flat belly..but my question is how do u loose that saggy belly???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I had a little girl 16months ago I am small build and always had a flat belly..but my question is how do u loose that saggy belly???

As in.the over hang apron type belly?

I've had 2 babies in 2 yrs and on my 3 now.

I have always been in the gym doin different weight / strengthening exercises.
    I feel it went to an extent with these exercises after first same after second.
    The rest of me is toned bar this piece left over I had 2 sections.

However with exercise you will find you will tone up have really good muscle tone underneath but it's the extra skin that was stretched and does not go back no matter what you do.

The joys for some women who have children.
    Or if you have 7000 euro you could get rid of it through surgery!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Pilates is great for strengthening your core. The moves range from gentle to intensive.

Kick boxing is also incredible for toning the stomach but is seriously high intensity. I think I had a particularly slave driverish instructor but it was great fun also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

This got me down when I first had my baby. The jelly belly. My daughter is one now and I'm only starting to get my body back to what it was. I'm no Elle McPherson but I'm relatively healthy. I go powerful walking every day for an hour. I also do yoga which I think has helped the most. As the other poster said, try to do core strengthening exercises integrated into yoga and Pilates. I found cutting down on the sweet treats helped too. I feel more toned than I ever was but I can't shift the last half a stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Did you get checked for abdominal separation after the birth. I had a big one after my son and caused one after my daughter because I started doing sit-ups and crunches but I obviously had a weak core.

Firstly get checked by a physio or at least do it yourself. There's loads if clips on YouTube about how to check. Then keep doing your pelvic floor exercises even after 16 months. Pilates is brilliant too as it works on strengthening your core. Because I have a separation I don't lift my head off the mat for any exercises.

My daughter is almost 16 months and while it's not flat or anything it's not saggy anymore so it is improving.

Advertisement