Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is everyone buying fifa 15?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Am I reading it right that its American commentary if bought from us psn?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

joe316 wrote: »
    Am I reading it right that its American commentary if bought from us psn?

No..

Martin Tyler and Alan Smith/Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend/Hervé Mathoux and Franck Sauzée/Fernando Palomo

With those applying to North america/ canada/ mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

D_turbo wrote: »
    I have man.
    I used the canadian Way, Switched region and Address.
    Cost me 70$ all in, I have it downloaded and all.
    IT was 69$-10% Discount = 62$+8$ Sales Tax ( Canadian Dollars)
    Cost me 49€, cant play till 23rd

Have you an Irish EA access account or a canadian i.e are you paying €4 or $4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I was gonna buy on amazon but saw that Gamestop have it (standard edition) for €9.99 when you trade in 2 games from their list. So I can trade in UFC & COD Ghosts for it.
    T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I got €40 store credit for Fifa 14 in Xtravision this morning. Was offered €20 cash. Same for COD.

Thought it might be worth noting in here for anyone else looking to offload it before the new one drops.

Cool. I'll trade in FIFA 14 then. They offered me €11 I think in Gamestop :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So my question still stands can you get your money back on a preorder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

So my question still stands can you get your money back on a preorder

Yeah you can

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Have you an Irish EA access account or a canadian i.e are you paying €4 or $4?

I applied for it when i had it set to Canadian Region, Got charged in dollrs....I think.

Paypal then converted it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I applied for it when i had it set to Canadian Region, Got charged in dollrs....I think.

Paypal then converted it

Just done the same thing as you sir , its currently installing on my xbox right now ready for next tueday to play :D

RVN10 wrote: »
    Just done the same thing as you sir , its currently installing on my xbox right now ready for next tueday to play :D

I cant see there being any real problem anyway.
    I just used canada cause the american way wouldnt take my details.

Saved Money for Loads Of UT Packs then to :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

• Advertisement

I have man.
    I used the canadian Way, Switched region and Address.
    Cost me 70$ all in, I have it downloaded and all.
    IT was 69$-10% Discount = 62$+8$ Sales Tax ( Canadian Dollars)
    Cost me 49€, cant play till 23rd

You could have saved yourself another $16 buying it from the US store and picking a non tax address.
    Games are $59 on the US store plus the 10% Access discount then.

Isn't it really annoying though that you can download the full game but not play it for another week.
    You'd think in this day and age the ''release date'' structure would be dropped when the games are readily available to download fully at an earlier stage.
    Grand when discs were required as they needed to be distributed but since that's no longer the case the idea of a release date no longer makes sense.

Not when you can purchase and have it sitting in your console but timer locked for no reason that needs to be retained any longer.

You could have saved yourself another $16 buying it from the US store and picking a non tax address.
    Games are $59 on the US store plus the 10% Access discount then.

Isn't it really annoying though that you can download the full game but not play it for another week.
    You'd think in this day and age the ''release date'' structure would be dropped when the games are readily available to download fully at an earlier stage.
    Grand when discs were required as they needed to be distributed but since that's no longer the case the idea of a release date no longer makes sense.

Not when you can purchase and having it sitting in your console but timer locked for no reason that needs to be retained any longer.

FOr what ever reason it just wouldnt take my card when i changed to US site. Tried address and one the lads cards and nothing so just said **** it and went for Canadian :)

Yeah its pretty frustrating, having it there...paid for and installed and having to wait till they can start distrubiting discs. but not long left now...Im Living on the demo With Dortmund....Fifa 14 never to be played again :D

FOr what ever reason it just wouldnt take my card when i changed to US site. Tried address and one the lads cards and nothing so just said **** it and went for Canadian :)

Yeah its pretty frustrating, having it there...paid for and installed and having to wait till they can start distrubiting discs. but not long left now...Im Living on the demo With Dortmund....Fifa 14 never to be played again :D

I thought maybe you bought the UT edition, noticed after it was $69.

They're giving 15 packs with the normal edition so paying $10 for an extra 25 packs isn't worth it IMO.

I wasn't aware it was fully available for download at the minute until I saw your post and read the print on the Xbox store page.

I can understand the need to have a set date with tangible goods(objects) due to shipping/organisation and customer satisfaction(others not getting a jump) but it makes zero sense in 2014 in the gaming industry when the bloody thing can be added to the hard drive but not accessed due to some mindless reason.

Noticed the release time is pretty far late Tuesday morning(7 or 8am I think) so there won't be any chance of a late Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Mexican origin store. Works out at €30 for regular edition.

Mexican origin store. Works out at €30 for regular edition.

Mexican version.will.fall under the different commentator's tho..

Mexican version.will.fall under the different commentator's tho..

I think he means PC only.

Sure the english version has a flurry of different commentators to choose from.
    I'd often have used the Spanish ones myself.

I'd hazard a guess you can access English commentary in every version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Tempted to upgrade to an Xbox one for this

Bought it via the US marketplace with the discount from EA access. Just added my credit card, an oregon address and no issues.

Happy days, hopefully it'll be available Friday night on early access (US) as the wife is away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Bought it via the US marketplace with the discount from EA access. Just added my credit card, an oregon address and no issues.

Happy days, hopefully it'll be available Friday night on early access (US) as the wife is away :D
    It's available for evey1 on Thursday through early access with 6 hour limit

gotthebug wrote: »
    It's available for evey1 on Thursday through early access with 6 hour limit

I thought it was five days early? With Ireland, its released on the 26th that would mean the 21st for early access? Regardless, if its thursday all the better and the full game on Tuesday is great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Early access just means you can play the game for 6 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I'm buying it on the US PSN.

US PSN $60 ~ €46 (If you don't know how to, search the forum, it will save you alot of money)

Gamestop Ireland €69.99
    Gamestop UK £41.97 ~ €52.43

€17 difference betwen Ireland and UK.

Other reasons:

1. The trade in value on Fifa 14 is less than 20euro, and retail price here is €60-70, so theres little benefit.
    2. Not ar$ed with Ultimate team version as the 40 free packs is 1 per week. (If you are buying packs anyway it may be of benefit).
    3. You can play FIFA 15 on Tuesday 23rd.

Please don't give Scamstop any money, they have closed their stores in Spain, as they were ripping them off also, they'll never learn unless their profits get damaged.

Shop online, Amazon/VGP/US PSN etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Just found out that I have €50 credit on this GameStop credit yoke. So I be paying €25 in cash which isn't too bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭markc1184

Apologies if this has been asked already, but is it ok to use Parcel Motel when buying on Amazon with the release date delivery option. It says it is free first class delivery to a UK address, but does that have to be signed for?

Can you use paypal when buying off the us store on xbox one or will the order not go through because I have an Irish shipping address on my paypal?

markc1184 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked already, but is it ok to use Parcel Motel when buying on Amazon with the release date delivery option. It says it is free first class delivery to a UK address, but does that have to be signed for?

Itll arrive in Parcel motel the launch day. Not your area id imagine.

Parcel motel will sign for it anyway and upload a pic of it when it arrives :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭markc1184

Itll arrive in Parcel motel the launch day. Not your area id imagine.

Parcel motel will sign for it anyway and upload a pic of it when it arrives :D

Cheers.
    sugarman wrote: »
    Amazon deliver here, no need for parcel motel

They'll deliver alright, but don't offer the release date option to an Irish address.

Can you use paypal when buying off the us store on xbox one or will the order not go through because I have an Irish shipping address on my paypal?

Hmm not giving me a paypal option at all. Only let's me add a credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Getting mine in Xtra Vision, mostly cause it has the text pre order and I got free credit on Vodafone :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

astonaidan wrote: »
    Getting mine in Xtra Vision, mostly cause it has the text pre order and I got free credit on Vodafone :pac:

Vodafone? Can`t understand why somebody would be with that network, so expensive compared to three.

Advertisement