Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charity shops

Options
  • 20-08-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

hi all,was in dublin few weeks ago,went to georges street,was about 10 charity shops on that street,so are there any other streets there with a string of charity shops?thanks all:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭sniperman

sugarman wrote: »
    From the top of Rathmines village to the bottom of Gerorges St theres about 20. Grand stroll into town on a nice day.

Then Capel St, theres 6/7 in close vicinity.
    thanks mate,seems like i missed a few,will go up again soon,on a nice day;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Dorset St has a few as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭BandyMandy

Camden St has millions of them, well not millions but a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

As described already, the charity mile* is:

Rathmines Road Lower -> Camden St -> Wexford St -> Georges St -> Capel St.

*it's actually about 2 miles according to Google Maps

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Around Doyle's corner in Phibsboro there's 5 or 6 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

There's 8 at least in Georges St in Dun Laoghaire, from People's Park to York Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Why do you care?

thanks all for your help,will have a good look around the next day:D

Why do you care?
    dont know what you mean by asking that question:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Why do you care?

Unless you can post in a helpful manner with constructive advice for the OP, I suggest you don't post in this thread again. Or indeed, this forum until you familiarize yourself with the forum charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

Hello,

as I'm leaving Ireland I have something like 10kg of old clothes still perfectly in use that I wish to donate. Where I can drop-in this bag of old clothes? On Google I could find out only Enable Ireland and Oxfam which collect this kind of goods, the problem is that they don't answer over the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hello,

as I'm leaving Ireland I have something like 10kg of old clothes still perfectly in use that I wish to donate. Where I can drop-in this bag of old clothes? On Google I could find out only Enable Ireland and Oxfam which collect this kind of goods, the problem is that they don't answer over the phone...

In live with Level 5 covid restrictions, all non essential retail has been closed since the end of last December, with thier charity shops closed, there is little point on collecting things. Also the travel required would not fit into the essential travel requirments before this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Hello,

Contact the St Vincent de Paul, they might have somewhere you could drop them. They're doing a collection in my local area this week so are still active in some capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Hello,

Look for some of the clothes recycling bins

Look for some of the clothes recycling bins
    yes I thought that too, however I haven't seen them in Dublin 7 and around city center. Is there a map to locate them?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tri Oidhcheannan Eile

yes I thought that too, however I haven't seen them in Dublin 7 and around city center. Is there a map to locate them?

There is a DCC bring centre in Grangegorman D7 which accepts clothing. I'm not sure if the clothing bins are supplied by Enable, but they (Enable) *do* have bins somewhere in Grangegorman. Damned if I can think where, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Now that you can go beyond 5km, Coolmine recycling centre definitely has clothes bins. Unlike the ones at supermarkets, these can't be pilfered.

There is a DCC bring centre in Grangegorman D7 which accepts clothing. I'm not sure if the clothing bins are supplied by Enable, but they (Enable) *do* have bins somewhere in Grangegorman. Damned if I can think where, though.
    I will check it later, I had a friend who worked as volunteer in the Church in Augrim Street, but he left Ireland too. Otherwise would have been easier just called him.

I have been there, everything closed, no info posted nowhere, no clothes bins found :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have been there, everything closed, no info posted nowhere, no clothes bins found :(

The council bring centres don't open on Sundays

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    The council bring centres don't open on Sundays
    I'll try tomorrow then

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

You can donate clothes to Thriftify who sell them online for different charities. https://www.thriftify.ie/

Their facility is in Ballyfermot. You can email to arrange a drop off.

I was able to get info back from Enable Ireland. For future reference, I advise checking this link: https://www.enableireland.ie/get-involved/make-donation/donation-banks

it seems that TK Maxxs take old clothes on behalf of Enable Ireland.

Advertisement