Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick in wetsuit, how do I fix it?

Options
  • 20-08-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

As it says I have a slight nick in my wetsuit, not all the way through but it's on the shoulder and I'm afraid one day I'll pull it and it will rip through. Any suggestions in how to fix it? Photos below

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Black Witch Adhesive.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

^^ works like a charm. I had a proper tear in mine, looked like you put a knife through it, I didnt think the black witch would hold, but it has. It also fixed a tear in the flap at the back of the neck that was torn an inch and a half. But be sure to let it cure once you've used it, it seems to take quite a while. Id give it 24 hours to be sure.

I have about 20 other nicks like you have that I have yet to get around to fixing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

As an aside, my last suit was a sailfish and after about 18 months of use it was like a sieve, particularly on the calf area. Blackwitch featured a lot!

When buying my current suit (B2R), Cian in there showed me a technique for putting on the suit that only involves touching the inside of it, and never the neoprene surface on the outside. Works a treat and after more than 16 months of use, it's still perfect. Well worth looking at.

Advertisement