Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dwarf hammie eye issue

• 20-08-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Hi so planning on bringing my Robo to the Vet asap but just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue with a solution.

They are both 18 months old but lively and well.

However today I noticed one had an issue with her right eye. It's clearly infected but it's kind of propulsing out of her socket , I tried clean around but afraid to do more damage. Also the fur around her eye has sheded, this has happened within 2-3 days.

Few images I took aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Hi,

I'm not sure what bedding you use but its possible she could have small piece of it stuck in her eye. One of my guineas got a small strand of hay stuck in her eye before and it wriggled all the way round the back almost.

This caused her eye to protrude slightly and water a lot. It went from a healthy looking eye to nasty, watery, red and protruding within 24 hours. But once I could see the little bit of hay sticking out the corner of her eye I was able to remove it and within about an hour it looked much better. If the eye is watering much more than usual it can cause the fur to matt and fall out too.

Advertisement