Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Finals tickets thread (buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod Note Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Was there many spare tickets floating around near croke park for the hurling today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Was there many spare tickets floating around near croke park for the hurling today?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Looking for single ticket anywhere at all for the all-Ireland football final. No connections so going on a wing and prayer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

andrew1977 wrote: »

Ticket got within 8 minutes of using tickets wanted sign. Refused a few touts offering and got cusack at face value

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Road_Kill

Hey,

I'll add myself to the list.

Looking for 1 ticket for the football final this year, go to most of the games. Appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

William

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIFA2004

Looking for two tickets for the football final, no club connections anymore but go to all the games! I'm a dub living in mayo so I deserve some credit for putting up with the slagging the last few weeks!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Anonymo

From Kerry living in the UK, looking for 2 tickets for the football final. Was at the two Cork games, and always get in a few games every year. Not a member of any club for the last couple of years, so missed last years final and would love to make this years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Galwayps wrote: »
    Ticket got within 8 minutes of using tickets wanted sign. Refused a few touts offering and got cusack at face value

What time was this at as a matter of interest Where did you pick it up .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Galwayps wrote: »

Did well to get one! What was the official attendance today? At half time, it said 'full house' - does this mean the official attendance was 82300???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Might as well exhaust all sources.

Looking for a single ticket for anywhere in Croker for football final. Genuine fan that has traveled length and breath of the country since start of season for both hurling and football. Tickets.ie has unfortunately ruined any contacts i had with my club. Thanks.

What is 'Tickets.ie'....and how does it 'ruin' chance of getting tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

What is 'Tickets.ie'....and how does it 'ruin' chance of getting tickets?

Tickets.ie is a ticketing website. They are the GAA's official ticketing vendor for tickets to their games.

I'm curious too, as to how they can have ruined someones chances of getting tickets via their club. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Did well to get one! What was the official attendance today? At half time, it said 'full house' - does this mean the official attendance was 82300???

Well, obviously not totally full house. I was in Upper Cusack, and buddy of mine was on the halfway line - upper Hogan. I met him for a pint at HT and he told me there were 2 free seats beside him - so i sat in there for 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Well, obviously not totally full house. I was in Upper Cusack, and buddy of mine was on the halfway line - upper Hogan. I met him for a pint at HT and he told me there were 2 free seats beside him - so i sat in there for 2nd half.

I also saw a couple of free seats. Not many but some. I wonder why they didn't just announce an actual figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Tickets.ie is a ticketing website. They are the GAA's official ticketing vendor for tickets to their games.

I'm curious too, as to how they can have ruined someones chances of getting tickets via their club. :confused:

I've always got tickets through my local club historically and had good contacts there. But once I stopped playing and they changed Secretary, treasurer, etc I moved onto using tickets.ie as it was handy to just buy online and print rather than drop down and get in with the new crowd. I moved house too so meant a longer trek to the club.

So if I pop down the club today looking for a ticket I'll be bottom of the pile as I haven't been getting them there all season. Very cliquey and lads taking a few tickets for the bandwagoners they're sorting out. So that's all I meant. If tickets.ie was never an option I'd have made a bigger effort to get them through the club all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Quick qst lads - our club are thinking are of raffling 2 tickets for the football. Would it be worth the hassle of setting up an online payment service and targetting clubs/supporters in kerry and Dublin or is there just not enough demand for that? Would lads here looking for tickets but into a draw like that or would most be happy/cpnfident to go the traditional routes of getting a ticket? Thanks for any adviceand apologies to mods if this isn't meant to be here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

If it's well publicised, almost everyone without a ticket would be willing to enter the draw. If your club is outside of Dublin and Kerry and there's nobody from those counties looking for tickets, definitely raffle any remaining ones you have off to those without tickets who would love to have them.

The Parnell Park pass was up this morning for a while. Down now. Managed to secure one earlier. Think all tickets that can be allocated to a pass are gone now but work keeping an eye on the site to see if it comes back up if more tickets can be allocated to the pass. Was for terrace only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DUBLINMAN2007

I am interested on one ticket for anywhere in the ground. Dublin man, Dublin based.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Good time for a reminder on this from Mod warning in first post on the thread

One of the main things is that we do not like touts. If you're selling tickets, do so at face value. Selling tickets above face value leads to the tickets being cancelled by the GAA resulting in punishments to the club the tickets were assigned to. Anyone selling tickets for above face value will be banned until the end of the championship. If you receive a PM offering tickets above face value, please report it and action will be taken.
    If you're looking to buy tickets, don't offer to pay more than face value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Down with that sort of thing !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Down with that sort of thing !!!!!
    Yeah its not as if it was in reference to you.

Posting on behalf of a friend that has a stand ticket for the All Ireland Football final. He's not sure of the location until he gets the ticket on Saturday.

Anyways he's looking to see if on the off chance, anyone would be interested in swapping 2 Hill tickets for the stand ticket?

Not interested in selling as his father will use the ticket. But he's trying to get a group of us into the Hill together.

Can get in contact with him on following email address:

>>snip<<

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Yeah its not as if it was in reference to you.

I wouldn't think so, I was curious as to how much would people pay up to for a ticket for the All Ireland ?

and before anyone say anthing, i am only asking with curiousity

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Mod flip out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im still looking for a swap for a football final ticket, i have two United V Chelsea tickets at Christmas at Old Trafford in return to offer!

have done this many times in the past so am reliable and well vouched for on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Anonymo

Add a couple to the shopping cart and look at the booking fee (!)

It's crazy stuff. Here's the GAA take on touting http://www.gaa.ie/content/files/GAATicketsTouting.pdf
    I think they should be even stronger and anyone touting (at such extortionate levels) should be banned from the organisation - and not just banned on purchasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Anyone posting a link to any website touting tickets will be facing a long ban from the forum. You've been warned

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

Guy's, I'm looking for a lower level ticket for my Dad for the football final. Myself and my son have upper tier tickets but he's not able for the upper levels after being ill this year.

<SNIP>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

maldondo wrote: »
    Guy's, I'm looking for a lower level ticket for my Dad for the football final. Myself and my son have upper tier tickets but he's not able for the upper levels after being ill this year.
    There are a limited number of Lower Tier tickets kept for people who have Upper Tier tickets but aren't able to sit up there for various reasons, like a fear of heights. You can exchange your ticket in the GAA museum before the match but you should ensure you arrive early before they are all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

maldondo wrote: »

<SNIP>

Just on that to make you aware, if mobility is the problem (IE all the stairs leading to upper) that there are lifts in croker for accessibility issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 leiferikson29

Have a lower Davin stand ticket, looking to swap for a Hill plus the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Do you think that Tickets will be available around Croke Park on the day of the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

if anyone has one spare I can take it.PM please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

I also saw a couple of free seats. Not many but some. I wonder why they didn't just announce an actual figure.

just pure speculation from an unnamed source but Croke Park's capacity is higher than the official certified 82,300.

73,500 seats and hill 16/Nally has a capacity of 13,000. Actual capacity of Croke Park is 86,500.

Generally seats are sold out and the hill/Nally is left partially full.

I suspect the actual attendance at the Dublin Mayo game was higher than 82,300 but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Anyone have a spare ticket or two? Anywhere in the ground? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Also looking for a ticket for Sunday. Would appreciate a PM if anyone has a spare one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

dobman88 wrote: »
    May as well join the line.

Looking for one football final ticket. Anywhere in the stadium. Been to all the championship games and a few league games so will be sickened to miss the final.

Not a member of any club so can't apply that way. Thanks in advance.

Just gonna bump this again.

Still after ONE ticket. Anywhere in the stadium. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Have a lower Davin stand ticket, looking to swap for a Hill plus the difference

Are they not all 80 euro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Just out of curiosity and in no way having a pop here, but has anyone actually ever got an A.I. final ticket through this thread?

Can't see how somebody would give a stranger from the internet a ticket when they would surely have friends/fellow club members they could give a spare to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

nope doubt any1 will sell them on here,i think the Hill tickets are 50 euro face value,stands 80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 leiferikson29

Are they not all 80 euro ?

Hill are 40 and stand 80.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity and in no way having a pop here, but has anyone actually ever got an A.I. final ticket through this thread?

Can't see how somebody would give a stranger from the internet a ticket when they would surely have friends/fellow club members they could give a spare to.

I'd imagine people use it more for swaps than actually selling a ticket.

Could be a lot of touts keeping an eye on the thread too who then PM the idiots that are willing to pay whatever amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jdc94

Anyone looking for a Davin upper in exchange for a Hill? (plus the €40)

jdc94 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a Davin upper in exchange for a Hill? (plus the €40)

I might be interested in a swap but I'm not paying the €40. Just a straight swap if you're interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

But I'll take any tickets people have off their hands if you're offering.:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

One sold on ebay this evening for €11,800

Surely that wasn't legit. I had seen that one earlier yesterday and there were 2 people bidding back and forth within seconds of each other. Increasing stupid amounts each time. I'd say they were taking the piss and have no intention of buying. If you really wanted to pay over the odds you could get one much much cheaper than 11K+.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

hiya, we have 2 hill tickets and wud love to swap them for 2 stand tickets seated together please, pm if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Have an Upp. Davin, looking for a Hill and price diff. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

No way was that actually paid

Advertisement