Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Finals tickets thread (buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod Note Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

They wont be on general sale. Through the clubs again.

Thanks!

I don't know if this process is great or terrible :)! What are people's general opinion of it? Maybe not the right place for this debate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Thanks!

I don't know if this process is great or terrible :)! What are people's general opinion of it? Maybe not the right place for this debate!

At least with the clubs getting them you have some chance of genuine gaa people getting them.
    Not ideal and it's a lot to do with contacts sometimes.
    I think that the season ticket is a great idea and that everyone who goes to all the championship games up to the final should get priority access to a ticket for the final first. Ive seen lots of people who haven't gone to any games all year, but will always get a ticket for the final.They know some high up contact.

Heard the quality of all ireland tickets for season tickets has gone down. No longer centre of pitch in Hogan or cusack.

If they go on general sale anyone could get them, touts included. Look at what happened to the mayo dublin replay last year.Tickets went on sale during the week before the game and people just mopped them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

The Season Ticket is a perfect scheme for 30 counties, unfortunately the only 2 counties that consistently sell out are Dublin & Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Thanks!

This is a complicated question. You see, every club in the country get tickets. That means that clubs down in Wexford are getting some sort of allocation of tickets for a Dublin v Mayo match. Is that fair when you have supporters up in Dublin & Mayo looking for tickets? However, the GAA does this to reward the many volunteers in the clubs throughout the country and there is merit to that too. The easiest thing to be in the GAA is a fan. Its a lot harder to be part of a club and volunteer to keep that club going. So surely the clubs around the country deserve to get tickets (particularly as there is a significant amount of counties who never get to All-Irelands).

Personally, I have never failed to get a ticket for an AI when I have looked. Once, I have gotten a ticket when I didnt look when a guy from my local club called me saying he had a spare ticket and because he saw my at loads of matches offered it to me. So from my personal experience, the system works well. However, I have seen so many sunshine supporters get tickets down through the years that it makes me wonder. I know of people who got tickets for today's match who had not been to a Mayo match all year (and wouldnt have known when Mayo were even playing earlier in the year). And that is simply wrong, especially if they are taking the ticket away from somebody who goes to club / league matches.

I certainly prefer the current system to a general sale system where the touts would have a field day. However, I think the GAA should have a better loyalty scheme. The season ticket works fairly well, but I get a sense that they are happy to leave it as it is without looking at ways to expand or extend it that would entice people to more matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I picked a ticket up (using my Mayo fiance with a sign for sympathy) at 1.00 today and legged it in foe the Minor game.

The Gresham was a joke more touts than genuine fans.

Was lucky enough to sell my spare QF ticket at a pub near Croker, as someone heard me talk to a tout, afaik it was Gill's (is that the one near croker?)

Btw did ye happen to see the mouthpiece Sen Mulhern at The Gresham :D
    I heard this morn on radio, she may have got one?

It was mentioned at first it sounded like she couldn't get one, As Dustin said 'Tricky Hicky' wasn't answering or as she put it, it wasn't for her:rolleyes:, so she was taking the TD's+their preferential GAA agreements down with her:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I've always noticed that replay tickets are easier to get than first game tickets.

Far less neutrals from other counties who always go to the final there, folks from abroad who travel home usually don't return etc.

Plus with no minor match the competing counties should have more tickets allocated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭sbs2010

I know of people who got tickets for today's match who had not been to a Mayo match all year (and wouldnt have known when Mayo were even playing earlier in the year). And that is simply wrong, especially if they are taking the ticket away from somebody who goes to club / league matches.

How is that any worse than some guy from a club in Wexford going, just because he helps at his club all year? He's not not been to any Mayo or Dublin matches either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

sbs2010 wrote: »

I know of people who got tickets for today's match who had not been to a Mayo match all year (and wouldnt have known when Mayo were even playing earlier in the year). And that is simply wrong, especially if they are taking the ticket away from somebody who goes to club / league matches.

How is that any worse than some guy from a club in Wexford going, just because he helps at his club all year? He's not not been to any Mayo or Dublin matches either.

Because no one ever goes to a match as a neutral :rolleyes:

sbs2010 wrote: »

If the guy down in Wexford is contributing to the GAA by working hard for his club all year, he is far more entitled to a ticket than a Mayo / Dublin supporter who do not contribute anything to the GAA & do not go to any match all year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Silversun

If the guy down in Wexford is contributing to the GAA by working hard for his club all year, he is far more entitled to a ticket than a Mayo / Dublin supporter who do not contribute anything to the GAA & do not go to any match all year.

So by paying for tickets for every match I go to, rain or shine, I am not contributing to the Gaa.

It's the reall supporters that go to games all year round be it club games league games or o Byrne cup games that keep them in buisness by going to the games. This needs to be respected.

Silversun wrote: »
    So by paying for tickets for every match I go to, rain or shine, I am not contributing to the Gaa.

It's the reall supporters that go to games all year round be it club games league games or o Byrne cup games that keep them in buisness by going to the games. This needs to be respected.

But thats not what I said at all...... I said the guy who puts in hours of work into his club is more deserving of a ticket than a supporter who only wants to go to the Croke Park matches. Like I said earlier, I think the GAA should probably offer more 'loyalty' packages. People who go to local club matches, O'Byrne cup matches, league matches should be able to avail of loyalty schemes outside of the season ticket (if for example they cant commit to a season ticket or as is the case with Mayo & Dublin now cant get one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

25% reduction in ticket prices across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Collie D wrote: »
    25% reduction in ticket prices across the board

Juvenile season tickets are 10 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Stupid question but will any tickets go on general sale?

Anyone think tickets for the replay will be easier to come by? Just wondering how much effort I should put into this.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Tombo2001 wrote: »

Anyone think tickets for the replay will be easier to come by? Just wondering how much effort I should put into this.....

No
    http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/ticket-information-all-ireland-final-replay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Tombo2001 wrote: »

they wont go on general sale but I have vague rememberances that if the hurling is anything to go by, there will be more tickets for the participating counties, if only because theres no minor game on, but I think neutral counties get a slightly scaled back allocation too.

this sort of information is normally contained in throw away comments hidden in interviews with croke park heads or other county board people, so hard to retrack where I would have read it a couple of years ago.

so yes, there should be slightly more tickets going via the clubs, but not a massive amount more.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭LegallyAbroad

Exactly this. Have never had any hassle getting tickets for an AI final. Always get sorted through the club as do all the other players.

If you want to be guaranteed/have a very good chance of getting an AI ticket get involved with your local club and pay your subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Exactly this. Have never had any hassle getting tickets for an AI final. Always get sorted through the club as do all the other players.

If you want to be guaranteed/have a very good chance of getting an AI ticket get involved with your local club and pay your subs.

Not always true. My neighbor coaches a team and is always helping out with fundraisers. Was even out all day Saturday with a bucket collecting money. His 2 kids also play for the club. But due to the size of the club and the demand. He was put into a draw where only 40 tickets were available for well over 100 people. He didn't get a ticket through his club.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭LegallyAbroad

Not always true. My neighbor coaches a team and is always helping out with fundraisers. Was even out all day Saturday with a bucket collecting money. His 2 kids also play for the club. But due to the size of the club and the demand. He was put into a draw where only 40 tickets were available for well over 100 people. He didn't get a ticket through his club.

I can only speak for my own club, but mentors and players are also sorted out (if if we don't come out in the draw, there's enough tickets floating around between us).

The current system maximises the amount going to clubs/season ticket holders/ Can't think of a fairer system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

I'm involved with one of the bigger clubs in Dublin, and not all our key mentors got tickets. When a club has 70 plus teams and gets less than 100 tickets, then some lads (or lassies) are going to lose out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I can only speak for my own club, but mentors and players are also sorted out (if if we don't come out in the draw, there's enough tickets floating around between us).

The current system maximises the amount going to clubs/season ticket holders/ Can't think of a fairer system.

It all depends on the club. A large club with a lot of teams and volunteers can still be difficult to get a ticket through. This year seemed especially difficult.

I'd never be for general sale. I think through the clubs is the fairest way. But i think instead of just giving x amount of tickets to non competing county boards. There should be an application or request process in which clubs of the county submit requests for numbers of tickets. I'd never deny neutrals the opportunity to go to the an AI final. Especially those involved with clubs. But being honest, the number of neutrals that attend are quite small. And a large enough number of the tickets that non competing county clubs end up with go into the hands of touts. Just look on done deal or ebay or anywhere online selling for ridiculous prices. Mostly from neutral counties. Same when out and about yesterday. Lads traveling up from Wexford and down from northern counties looking for above face value. Purely came down to sell tickets for a profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

So when the GAA were asked to justify charging 60 quid a ticket, their response was 'well the FAI fleeced people for the Celtic friendly too' lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

NufcNavan wrote: »
    So when the GAA were asked to justify charging 60 quid a ticket, their response was 'well the FAI fleeced people for the Celtic friendly too' lol.

To be fair you could argue final tickets are expensive (I actually have no issue with the price) but they help subsidise earlier rounds in my opinion

Collie D wrote: »
    To be fair you could argue final tickets are expensive (I actually have no issue with the price) but they help subsidise earlier rounds in my opinion

They are, but this is a game that was never budgeted for. 50 is the max that should be charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What's wrong with 60 a ticket?

They are, but this is a game that was never budgeted for. 50 is the max that should be charged.

And you're basing this 50 quid notion on what sort of analysis and evidence?

What's wrong with 60 a ticket?
    It's too expensive IMO. I thought I made that clear enough but anyway.
    And you're basing this 50 quid notion on what sort of analysis and evidence?

That they have charged 50 quid for the last three hurling replays. That's the "notion".

It's too expensive IMO. I thought I made that clear enough but anyway.

That they have charged 50 quid for the last three hurling replays. That's the "notion".

Okay you think it's too expensive, so don't go.

I forked out 160 quid for my tickets yesterday. I'm happy with the 70 euro bill for the replay.

---

Hurling isn't football. Different dynamics with demand plus the county's involved.

I forked out 160 quid for my tickets yesterday. I'm happy with the 70 euro bill for the replay.

---

Hurling isn't football. Different dynamics with demand plus the county's involved.

All I did was comment on the replay being overpriced. The clichéd response of "don't go then" is a playground argument.

If that's the case then why are double headers involving hurling and gaelic football priced under the one ticket. It's the same organisation.

You are right though. The dynamics are different. There would be a worry that an All Ireland hurling replay wouldn't sell out, so they give value for money. They know that demand will be through the roof for this one so they decide not to.

It's not a clichéd argument. It's the only response for bleating.

Wrt to your double headers statement, what? The final game of the season, the showpiece, is in no way comparable to some gammy early round Leinster double header.

By rights the price of AIF tickets are remarkably great value for what they are. They are the primary sporting event, day etc in this country, year in and year out. There is very few things that are comparable. Perhaps 6N matches and even then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

---

I was suprised and delighted that the u16 ticket was a tenner . That's a lovely gesture to be fair to them .
    Now hopefully get more central seats than 311 this time

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I was suprised and delighted that the u16 ticket was a tenner . That's a lovely gesture to be fair to them .
    Now hopefully get more central seats than 311 this time

I was happy with 305. I just want to be under the roof.

---

Wishful thinking 70e for two tickets. Those 10e kids tickets will be very hard to come by. I think it's all a pr exercise.
    With the sky sports deal and all the money from the extra game it's pure greed .
    I have never seen any money coming from gaa hq to help with current expediture in any club.
    Where is all the money going exactly?

It will be more likely that you have to pay 60 e per ticket. The kept the price at sixty cause they know they will sell. Hurling has a smaller demand.

Timing and cost of replay doesn't.give any consideration to families especially those from mayo.

305 was a good seat where did you get these tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

kala85 wrote: »
    Wishful thinking 70e for two tickets. Those 10e kids tickets will be very hard to come by. I think it's all a pr exercise.
    With the sky sports deal and all the money from the extra game it's pure greed .
    I have never seen any money coming from gaa hq to help with current expediture in any club.

It will be more likely that you have to pay 60 e per ticket. The kept the price at sixty cause they know they will sell. Hurling has a smaller demand.

Timing and cost of replay doesn't.give any consideration to families especially those from mayo.
    I've an adult season ticket
    My son has a juvenile
    So my total bill will defo be 70 as opposed to the 160 for the final

Those 10euro tickets are going to juvenile Season Ticket holders. So it's not a PR exercise.
    305 was a good seat where did you get these tickets.

Season Ticket. Dublin Season Ticket. I'm sure you know all about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Can't see how anyone can question the value of these tickets its €85 for the Autumn Rugby international vs Australia and it's only a friendly at the end of the day.

patmac wrote: »
    Can't see how anyone can question the value of these tickets its €85 for the Autumn Rugby international vs Australia and it's only a friendly at the end of the day.

These are thr same shower who come out of the woodwork every time. It's beyond comprehension.

The Liveline "rent-a-whinge" crowd love having a go at the GAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Just wondering, did anyone manage to get tickets outside the ground the last day? My last source isn't quite as good this time so I'm not too hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Just wondering, did anyone manage to get tickets outside the ground the last day? My last source isn't quite as good this time so I'm not too hopeful.
    I didn't see anyone with any spare tickets outside the ground last Sunday and I was in drumcondra quite early too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Jammy git , I'm a far better supporter than you and I got 706.

Stoner wrote: »
    Jammy git , I'm a far better supporter than you and I got 706.

All because of the lentils.

Are you second wave season ticket? Isn't there a pile of Dub season tickets up in 700s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Are you second wave season ticket? Isn't there a pile of Dub season tickets up in 700s?

Technically correct , added a third ticket in 2013 pushed my two first wave to inferior seats since

Stoner wrote: »
    Technically correct , added a third ticket in 2013 pushed my two first wave to inferior seats since

Hmmmm. I'll bear that in mind if I manage to bag a waiting list ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Season tickets online this morning - Print at Home this time...304 V - excellent seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

My club in Dublin have said they are getting same allocation as the drawn game (50).

Where have the minor counties tickets gone to for the replay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I've gotten my two season tickets - 304 Row F. Anybody interested in swapping me for two Hill tickets + cash difference (€60)?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Been demoted from 303H to 303E , not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

Been demoted from 303H to 303E , not happy

In fairness you are about 3 metres from your last seat :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Kh1993 wrote: »
    My club in Dublin have said they are getting same allocation as the drawn game (50).

Don't forget it's the county board who allocate and decide the number of tickets for each club in their county. Croke Park give each county x amount. So either the county board have distributed the extra tickets elsewhere or they haven't come through the system yet.

There will be less demand this time around but it'll still be a sell out obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Kh1993 wrote: »

The Senate?

• Advertisement
Advertisement