Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP> belfast

Options
  • 21-08-2014 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Had a really bad experience with this company and not sure what to do. They sent me lots of damaged items, things out of stock and then took over six weeks for me to have my bathrooms completed. Was a really difficult time for the family (especially the newly trained toddler) could only use the toilet on the very top floor and the hand basin on the bottom (2 flights of stairs)...

So my problem is that I complained to them, they were rude & unhelpful. I explained that i had been left without bathrooms & incurred extra expense (from having to get a new plumber) the 'manager' really didn't care and wouldn't even apologise.

So I decided all I could do was share my experience online. I wrote a review on an independant website and within an hour the owner & several staff members put up "customer reviews" stating their wonderful experience... I know that it is against fair representation trading laws (astrotrufing) to do this but they don't seem to care. I even left a comment on an old thread on this site but it got deleted.

I think it's terrible that a company can treat customers so badly & manipulate the online community so that fair & honest feedback is not available.

Any experiences like this out there? Any advice on what I should do?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Had exactly same experience with them very Rude and ignorant to deal with. Refused to change faulty bath with a crack in the bath and I had to drive all the way to ballymena which is in the north coast from Dublin with bath for an exchange. I made an online complaint with consumer affairs Northern Ireland and this really pissed them off! Would never recommend them to anyone as they don't honor their word like a bricks and mortar shop! I would not be surprised that you are not the only one affected by their service! Try written complaint like I did it may cop them on! I even recommended them on to a few mates before I got mucked about and they got messed about also! See their warehouse is basically a farm shed in de sticks! <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 5 titirangi

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    Had exactly same experience with them very Rude and ignorant to deal with. Refused to change faulty bath with a crack in the bath and I had to drive all the way to ballymena which is in the north coast from Dublin with bath for an exchange. I made an online complaint with consumer affairs Northern Ireland and this really pissed them off! Would never recommend them to anyone as they don't honor their word like a bricks and mortar shop! I would not be surprised that you are not the only one affected by their service! Try written complaint like I did it may cop them on! I even recommended them on to a few mates before I got mucked about and they got messed about also! See their warehouse is basically a farm shed in de sticks! <SNIP>

I just knew there would be more of us out there... I think they have 'cleaned' any blemishes from their name off the web. I just think it's so wrong, especially to not even let people know how bad they are. <SNIP> is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please stick to hard facts when discussing a business. I have removed the name as there are some unsubstantiated claims being made here.

OP - are you based in ROI or NI? Did you consider taking a court case against at any stage for failure to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

dudara wrote: »
    Posters - please stick to hard facts when discussing a business. I have removed the name as there are some unsubstantiated claims being made here.

OP - are you based in ROI or NI? Did you consider taking a court case against at any stage for failure to deliver?

How do you call unsubstantiated claims when everything I outlined is a cold hard fact! I am based in roi and had to make complaint to ni consumer affairs and it only got their backs up to behave even worse ! I would not recommend <SNIP> to anyone given my personal Exp which is similiar to some friends and op also!

Not sure why it is impossible to have free speech about my experience with <SNIP>

If the unsubstantiated claims you refer to are where I write the owner has left positive reviews within 45mins of mine, please pop on over to webutations and have a look at the first one after mine... They are all done through FB accounts to confirm identity.

Or if it's easier have a look at their FB page where I took a screen shot of the reviews & the FB profiles and posted it on their page.

In regards to a court case for failure to deliver, most of the problem here was the fact that I was consistently advised that they items were 2/3days away - for literally 6 weeks! If they had told me it would be six weeks I would have just cancelled the bloody order and we wouldn't be having this problem. I wouldn't be out of pocket. And I wouldn't find myself being unable to even complain about this company.

Sheesh.

• Advertisement

Please can you reinstate all omitted words from my title, post and PP? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

titirangi wrote: »
    Please can you reinstate all omitted words from my title, post and PP? Thank you

Learn the rules of this site if your going to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@titirangi - The names are removed for protection of both the business and you. I am not discussing this any further. This forum is here to provide genuine consumer advice.

@D3PO I know you mean well, but watch out for backseat moderating. Use the Report Post function instead.

dudara

Maybe it would be good to be directed to the forum rules as I can't see any difference between what I posted and the 'best & worst experiences' thread?

I was hoping to give (and receive) some genuine consumer advice.

I don't feel that by removing the company name is protecting me, but thanks for the sentiment I guess.

ETA - I'm really not trying to be a d#%k about this, I just genuinely cannot understand why I can't leave a factual and genuine account of what happened with this company?

Advertisement