Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone gained entry to Aus on partners visa?

Options
  • 21-08-2014 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was in australia on a one year working visa in 2009 but only stayed 3 months. I have been home ever since and always wanted to go back and work but personal issues meant I had to come home early. My girlfriend has been offered a job and sponsorship out there and I was wondering if anyone has experience in going on their partners visa? Is there much paperwork and costs involved? Any info would be great.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

if she's sponsored, piece of cake. think all they ask is you maintain health insurance and think the sponsorship is roughly 2k. not a lot of paperwork but if the company has sponsored before , its a breeze and roughly 6 weeks for the 457 to be granted from date of lodgement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I think Clearodara is not asking about his partner but himself. I think he's enquiring can his partner who is getting sponsored then get him in on a partner visa

I can't really advise here on your exact situation but I will be doing this in a few months but my partner is an Australian citizen. Some of her friends that have done this previously have had to provide a lot of paperwork and proof of the relationship and it was not that easy.

I doubt that someone who themself is getting sponsored could in turn sponsor/partner someone else in, I could be wrong though

ya thats what i meant, im on a partner visa on my missus's 457

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I doubt that someone who themself is getting sponsored could in turn sponsor/partner someone else in, I could be wrong though

That's right, it's the OPs partners potential employer that would carry the obligations and they have the final say.

its generally never an issue , we just paid the company my part of the fee, the company has to shoulder the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ya thats what i meant, im on a partner visa on my missus's 457

That's not really a partner visa, you are sponsored by the company too. Usually it's not a problem, but by no means guaranteed. If they aren't willing to foot the responsibility, there's not much that can be done.

Advertisement