Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car mechanic

Options
  • 21-08-2014 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭

My car is giving problem in starting the engine especially after overnight stay.
    It looks like battery needs to be changed..
    Any good service center in the town please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Haven't you noticed any garages while driving around town :confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I use the guys from 4motion on Gaol road. Nice lads. If it is just a batter change I'd say a friend could help ya. Swap in out job.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Halfords on the ring road (near Woodies) will supply & fit the battery for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 owen78702

Masterboy123, any more info........is the engine turning over, age of car etc?

I have a 1999 petrol Honda civic which would not start recently. I changed the HT ignition leads and that has sorted out the problem. If its not starting (but is turning over), try spraying the HT leads with WD-40. It it now starts, then the HT leads are probably the issue.

Owen

Per aspera ad astra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭masterboy123

It's 2006 model.

Engine starts after waiting about 7-10 seconds...sometimes I need to take out the key and reinsert to start the engine.
    Do you think it could be the HT lead problem?

You can read my detailed problem on this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057274671

Thank you!
    owen78702 wrote: »
    Masterboy123, any more info........is the engine turning over, age of car etc?

I have a 1999 petrol Honda civic which would not start recently. I changed the HT ignition leads and that has sorted out the problem. If its not starting (but is turning over), try spraying the HT leads with WD-40. It it now starts, then the HT leads are probably the issue.

Owen

Per aspera ad astra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 owen78702

It is unlikely that a 2006 car will have HT leads, as most modern cars now use ignition packs.

Sorry, I cant help anymore than that.

Owen

Advertisement