Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling overdraft facility

Options
  • 21-08-2014 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

How do I go about cancelling the overdraft facility on my account? It has never been used and I've just been billed 30 quid for basically nothing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

How do I go about cancelling the overdraft facility on my account? It has never been used and I've just been billed 30 quid for basically nothing.
    Hi celticbhoy27, 

Thanks for the post.

To cancel an overdraft facility on your account, this can be done by sending a signed written instruction to your account holding branch.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Hi celticbhoy27, 

Thanks for the post.

To cancel an overdraft facility on your account, this can be done by sending a signed written instruction to your account holding branch.

Janette

Is it a generic form i can download fill in the relevant information and send off?

Hi celticbhoy27, 

Thanks for the post.

Janette

Is it a generic form i can download fill in the relevant information and send off?
    Hi, 

No, we have don't have a form to download. This can be done by writing a letter to your account holding branch, make sure you sign and date the letter.

Thanks

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Hi, 

No, we have don't have a form to download. This can be done by writing a letter to your account holding branch, make sure you sign and date the letter.

Thanks

Janette
    Should I include my account number or is my address sufficient??
    Apologies over all the questions and thanks for the help

Hi, 

Thanks

Janette
    Hi celticbhoy27, 

Yes, you will need your account details on the letter.

Thanks

Janette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Hi, 

Thanks

Janette
    Hi celticbhoy27, 

Thanks

Janette
    Hi Janet,

Can I ask if this process is still current as I asked 365 recently and they told me I needed to go into my branch to do this?

Cheers

BigChap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi, 

Thanks

Janette
    Hi celticbhoy27, 

Thanks

Janette
    Hi Janet,

Can I ask if this process is still current as I asked 365 recently and they told me I needed to go into my branch to do this?

Cheers

BigChap
    Hi BigChap1759

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Just like to add, a letter will suffice to cancel the overdraft facility. 

Sorry for the previous information you received, there is no need to call into a Branch to arrange this cancellation.

Hope this helps, any further questions please feel free to get in touch again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement