Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Boiler and a crap service

Options
  • 21-08-2014 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Two nights ago, my gas boiler started leaking water. IT's about 15 years old so I'm happy to dump it and buy a new one. I'm a customer of Electric Ireland so I rang to ask if this is something you could help with. I had two requirements.

1. Fix the current leak with a certain sense of urgency. It's not pummelling out so can wait a day or two.
    2. Quote me for a new boiler system

When I put this to the EI Customer Care yesterday morning on 1850 372 372, they suggested that I ring the 1850 372 333 number as that was their bread and butter. After getting through to them, they agreed that this is something they can help with. They would organise for a contractor engineer to ring me and organise a call out. I had mentioned that the only good time was AM any morning. By 4pm, I received no call so I rang EI back.

When I got through, they were apologetic about not getting a call back but that the engineer would be with me soon. This was at 4pm. I re-iterated again that it was too late and that it would have to be some morning time. I was then told that I'd get a call back form the engineer by the evening time at the latest.

This morning, I still hadn't received a call from engineer. You may note that my boiler is still leaking water. When I ring back, I explain the issue again, in it's entirety as there are no notes on my account, at all. I told them I want to cancel my account as I've never had this sort of problems from Bord Gais. I was put on hold for about 5 minutes while she talked to a few people.

She came back and said that she was VERY sorry but that she had organised for the Kildare Area Team manager to ring me within the hour to sort something out. I asked "Is this the actual engineer contractor that was meant to call me twice before or is this an EI employee with some clout?" I was told that it was an employee of IE. I thanked her and hung up,

15 seconds later, and I mean 15 seconds, my phone rang. It was a mobile number ringing me. Some guy said hello, gave me his name and said that he was the area manager. He was sorry but he got stuck in Kilkenny but would be able to come out to me, maybe today, deffo tomorrow to give me the quote.

I asked if he was the engineer who was going to do the work. He said yes. I politely said my good byes and hung up.

I'll summerise the next few phone calls very quickly as I'm losing the will to live.

I rang Customer Care to lodge a complaint and cancel my accounts. I was told that to cancel, I just need to contact Bord Gais and sign up. I told the rep that I wanted EI to know WHY I was cancelling. I had to ask her 6 or 7 times to take my complaint before she agreed. She wanted to sort my problem rather than take my complaint. I didn't want her to fix anything. At this point I have no confidence in your company.

Anyway, she eventually passively aggressively refused to take my complaint as she said that I must have been talking to Bord Gais about an engineer as ... what I explained was happening over the past two days, "is not what EI do". They don't fix boilers, they just offer a service.

So... <snip-abusive comment removed> I've had enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

As a final kick in the nutz, I just received an SMS from "csoft.co.uk" telling me that my appointment has been scheduled for .... yesterday.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Abusive comments such as the one I just removed are not tolerated on the Talk to forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi RangeR,

Sorry to read of your unhappy customer experience. If you private message your Electric Ireland account number and your name, address and telephone number, we will liaise with the Home Services department directly in order to investigate this.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hi RangeR,

Sorry to read of your unhappy customer experience. If you private message your Electric Ireland account number and your name, address and telephone number, we will liaise with the Home Services department directly in order to investigate this.

Regards,
    Una
    There is no point. I've told you why I'm leaving. I won't be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Ok RangeR - sorry to read we are losing you as a customer. If you would like us to put a note on your account outlining your experience and explaining why you wish to change supplier, do private message us those details.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement