Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving for childs education, markets or PO?

Options
  • 21-08-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just looking for an opinion on the best long term strategy for investing money for our children's education. I'm talking a 15 year outlook?

Asked a guy last week who told me the markets, use somewhere like Zurich. Long term a better bet than say a 10 year Post Office account?

Thoughts appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

There's no harm in using a mix of both. While deposit rates are very low at the moment, cash should make up a part of any diversified investment portfolio. Just don't invest in cash with an insurance company as there is a management charge on their cash funds.

I would also recommend using Zurich Life's regular savings contract, it is by far the most competitively priced one in the market.

Steven

Advertisement