Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chromecast

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Good God....why throw insults at me for just pointing out options for people, concentrating on the object people want.

Of course I know about the £25.00 limit for free delivery, I shop with Amazom all the time.

But to achieve that magic number you needed to purchase another item, you may not even want, for at least £7 + Irish VAT with your £18 unit.

I won't bother with figures, because it is academic, but calling someone ignorant is just an example of ignorance, IMO.

There is and was no need to be gratuitously insulting to posters who try to help others, and that was the object of my OP on this.

Don't you think your reaction was just a tad OTT??
    OMG, pot ... kettle as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Perhaps you need to re-read your own post, which was distinctly insulting, rude and patronising towards someone trying to help, and most definitely OTT.

You don't think my much longer, earlier post was me trying to be helpful?

Did it give any misleading or incorrect information?

Honestly, what is distinctly insulting or rude, or patronising about disseminating relevant information??

Was it this??
    When I went to skool, back in the early 60's 31.50 was a bigger number than 26.85.....

and given a choice, when it's money I spend I prefer the smaller number.

You prefer to pay more??

OK, I'm a grumpy ould lad of 60+ years, and I accept it could have been phrased better, less grumpy...probably with with no attempt at humour or reflections on my own advanced years, just for others like you who are hyper-sensitive and want to read insults into totally innocuous comment.

If the original poster complained, I would have been totally happy to clarify what I am saying now to you, but he/she didn't, so you took up the cudgels for your own reasons, which I personally cannot fathom.

But it was not meant to be either rude or, indeed, patronising, toward the poster I was replying to, and the poster didn't reply back in such terms either.

In fact, another poster, salamanca22, reasonably said:
    You get more for your money though spending more but you are right if you are not looking to spend that much then parcel motel is the answer

Take the time to check out some of my posts elsewhere, particularly on Android, and Consumer issues, and tell me I don't try to be helpful.

So, as far as I am concerned, you can take your faux outrage and stick it you know where.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

leck wrote: »
    OMG, pot ... kettle as they say.

You will need to explain those emboldened bits for me, which are of course, out of context. Posts should be taken in their entirety, and on their content.

What precisely do you object to, if indeed you do object to something.

Are you a Mod?

Or do you just indulge yourself in a little back-seat moderation of some of the content of peoples posts??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Irish pancake - Is your phone number really 01234567 ?? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Infairness IrishPancake is a helpful poster on the android forum and puts a lot of effort into his posts and has lots of experience to share.

Let's not ruin this thread with pointless squabbling lads. If you don't like what's said just leave it maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Infairness IrishPancake is a helpful poster on the android forum and puts a lot of effort into his posts and has lots of experience to share.

Let's not ruin this thread with pointless squabbling lads. If you don't like what's said just leave it maybe.
    I don't think the mods Even know this thread exists by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

You will need to explain those emboldened bits for me, which are of course, out of context. Posts should be taken in their entirety, and on their content.

What precisely do you object to, if indeed you do object to something.

Are you a Mod?

Or do you just indulge yourself in a little back-seat moderation of some of the content of peoples posts??

In fairness irishpancake, you replied to that poster in a very condescending way, and all he was trying to point out that there was a better deal in which you avoid all shipping costs if you add something else you might need to the order. He was correct and I used that method when I made my order a few days ago.

You don't need to be a Mod to point out when somebody is being rude to another poster, but as you said yourself it was a bit of a grumpy reply. Probably best to leave it at that.

As the bargain alert is over probably best to mark as expired and move the discussion over to the Android forum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

ILet's not ruin this thread with pointless squabbling lads. If you don't like what's said just leave it maybe.

Agreed. Happy casting everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I'm afraid you did not read my post, unfortunately.....I'll summarise for you.

Amazon direct to Ireland:

Amazon to NI PM, then to your RoI address:

It's all in my post....

When I went to skool, back in the early 60's 31.50 was a bigger number than 26.85.....

and given a choice, when it's money I spend, I prefer the smaller number.

You prefer to pay more??

When I read this, you reminded me of a nasty person I know.

Just sayin..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

DubDJ wrote: »
    As the bargain alert is over probably best to mark as expired and move the discussion over to the Android forum though.

Agreed, the deal is over and the thread has run its course here so I'm locking it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement