Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition and Dietetics

• 21-08-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi,

I am due to start first year of Nutrition and Dietetics and I was under the assumption that it was a joint degree between DIT and Trinity. But I've only received a welcome email, letter and info from Trinity even though from what I've read, the course takes place largely in DIT. It's also listed as a DIT course from as a Trinity one.

I was just wondering what is the story with registering, do you register only with Trinity or with both? And is it normal that I haven't heard anything from DIT yet? I've emailed the academic registry in Trinity but haven't heard anything back yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

hey ya

if you are a Round 1 CAO Student you wont hear from DIT until late august regarding registration..:)

I am not sure about the emailing twice question but ring or email the DIT registration service

As per the DIT website your induction is held in DIT and you are collecting your DIT ID card in DIT

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Thanks so much, that's great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭braceface

WaterLily can I ask how you're finding the course? I'm hoping to start it in 2016 as a Mature Student but the work load frightens the bejaysus out of me. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

braceface wrote: »
    WaterLily can I ask how you're finding the course? I'm hoping to start it in 2016 as a Mature Student but the work load frightens the bejaysus out of me. Thanks!
    Of course!
    I am loving the course, I find it really interesting and enjoy most of the modules. There are a few that are a bit of a pain like physics and maths which dont seem relevant at all but it's only for first year that you have to do those!

The hours are very long, I'm not going to lie! It's about 30hrs per week and you do have quite a bit to do on top of that so sometimes it is tough to balance everything but for me its worth it! I do commute though and have a part time job on the weekends which I'm not sure will be sustainable for the whole 4 years but for the moment it's doable. Sometimes it doesn't feel that way but in the long run it will be worth it(I hope)!! I think if you are willing to put some hard work in it is very enjoyable and interesting :)

The lectures are all (bar one) very accommodating, enthusiastic and willing to help you out. And the one plus about the long hours is that you get to know everyone on the course very well very quickly which is great!

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭braceface

Thanks so much WaterLily, I really appreciate it. I'm putting a plan in place to hopefully apply for 2016 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement