Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubbercurry Main Street - Efiber cabnet TCY1_E01

Options
  • 21-08-2014 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Can get an update on this situation? I want to know when this is expected to go live.  I also think, as I'm sure many others that the idea of not been given even an estimated time frame is not only infuriating but nearly anticompetitive as it is hindering my choice of changing proviers due to a dangling carrot. I would apreciate a more educated example of a date so I can decided that if I do not get it within 4 months I know I can at least move to sombody else who may provided me with at least a cheaper package or a free satellite bundle.

I would also like to note that friend of mine whom i'm asuming is on the same exchange ( I live in the main street of teeling street. He lives in in an estate near by) still has the website stating he can get efiber, when a technician has already said he can not, this has been 2 weeks and the website is still in correct. So again i'm not sure if I can trust your efiber website to correctly state if I myself can get it or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Danjalical wrote: »
    Can get an update on this situation? I want to know when this is expected to go live.  I also think, as I'm sure many others that the idea of not been given even an estimated time frame is not only infuriating but nearly anticompetitive as it is hindering my choice of changing proviers due to a dangling carrot. I would apreciate a more educated example of a date so I can decided that if I do not get it within 4 months I know I can at least move to sombody else who may provided me with at least a cheaper package or a free satellite bundle.

I would also like to note that friend of mine whom i'm asuming is on the same exchange ( I live in the main street of teeling street.  He lives in in an estate near by) still has the website stating he can get efiber, when a technician has already said he can not, this has been 2 weeks and the website is still in correct.  So again i'm not sure if I can trust your efiber website to correctly state if I myself can get it or not.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Danjalical
    [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I can fully understand any disappointment you have with the lack of information surround efibre availability. I have contacted efibre operations and planning to be informed that there is yet to be an agreed date for the launch of this cabinet/area although I did push for an indication to be told it should be around the end of October. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delays[/font][font=Times New Roman","serif].[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]The coverage of efibre reaches up to 2000 metres on a predefined router again unlike regular broadband where coverage goes in all directions from the exchange.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] Understandably I can see why the coverage map (http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/) would lead people to think that all areas in the shaded green zone can get efibre however that is not the case, which is why there is a specific message located beside the map stating:
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Danjalical

Thanks,

It can just get frustrating when the surrounding town but not the main street can get efiber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Danjalical wrote: »
    Thanks,

It can just get frustrating when the surrounding town but not the main street can get efiber.
    Hi Danjalical

I can understand your views on this and I'm sorry I can't offer better news yet.

Al

Advertisement