Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT458 - Registration/Induction

Options
  • 21-08-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My husband accepted an offer of the above course (Hospitality Management) but has yet to receive details on how to register. He emailed DIT registration section and they advised that once the admissions office had completed his application process, they would send registration details around mid August.

We are coming to the end of August now and still no word. I am worried as we are going on holidays on Sunday for 2 weeks and I don't want him to miss the registration. He is non-EU national therefore he needs to register in person.

Does anyone know when registration letters etc are sent out? Are you given advanced notice.

We specifically took our holidays at this time so he would be available for the course and because we thought (from my own college experience) that registration normally takes place around mid August.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

I've received details and registered already.

Could you call the registration office or email? There should be information about dates on the websites.

Induction is mid september - you need to be registered before then. That should give you ideas about dates etc.

If you are away on holidays could you get anyone to check on your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

registration is actually ongoing as offers are made e.g. Round 1 CAO offers are still open so people are still accepting places

If he misses the registration in person dont worry...this doesn't mean that registration is closed. Lots of people miss that day for various reasons.

Look on the website for the dates for when the ID card collection and induction dates are

If you havent registered by the time id card collection happens dont worry as the card can be collected anytime after that day.

I would advise to go to the induction anyway and also commence class

I am sure if you are talking about a CAO offer or a direct from DIT offer please have a look at the student services dit website as there is great info there - especially under FAQ

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks all. I phoned in the end (against my husband's wishes, he didn't want me hassling them) and they said registration and induction will happen at the same time in September and we'll get a letter in a week with details :)

Advertisement