Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic storage boxes in bulk

Options
  • 21-08-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Looking for a lot of big plastic storage boxes in bulk they need to be airtight plastic boxes that won’t let insects/damp/mould in and preferably quite rigid.
    Decent quality, that won’t flex and open up gaps or crack

Thinking of storing stuff in the shed which is cheaper than a storage facility. They seem to be dear to buy the boxes individually.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

ikea is your friend here I think miss choc, they range in sizes and prices so have a look on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

They are expensive and the better ones have prices that will make your eyes water, you get what you pay for and some of the cheaper ones won't stand any punishment. Plastic or at least plastic products seem to have shot up in cost in the last ten years.

I don't think you'll find any that are waterproof unless you get professional equipment boxes so probably best to put bin liners in each box and seal the bin liner, after adding something to cloths and fabric to protect from moth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Grand yeah was in local pound shop at home and prices were crazy for one box :eek: think IKEA is best bet. Thought there may be like a wholesale/warehouse place could get them. Good idea about the bin liner it's just really for storing, clothes, shoes, pics, ornaments, books. Trying to get rid of stuff as well as store it the joys of clutter and storage :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If you use decent quality bin liners type bags so they don't rip then you might save some money by getting stacking boxes with no lids. btw avoid very large clear plastic boxes as most of the cheap ones shatter if handled badly the bigger the boxes the easier they are to damage. Some of the big trunk type boxes look expensive but when you compare their volume with the same volume of a load of smaller boxes then you see you are getting a better deal on what are often better quality boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

We got a load of them delivered from Viking Direct. 5 years later they have been used for numerous house and office moves, borrowed by friends, used for storage and they are still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Home Store and More have them for half price for August. They work out quite a bit cheaper then Ikea at the moment in most sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I was looking for a specific plastic box yesterday and I found viking direct had a large selection of plastic boxes. http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/bb/Plastic-Storage-Boxes/N=3+1289073/

I have no connection to viking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Nice one we use Viking for business will check out Home Store too Thanks

Advertisement