Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should Cormac be playing now and next?

Options
  • 21-08-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, as part of this previous thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057269640

I said I'd throw out all the games I either own or haven't finished and you guys can prompt me on which ones to play next or finish next. Try to pick one from each list (Haven't played and Have yet to finish).

Let's see if I can get through the list in the next 6 months and I'll keep you all updated on my progress and feedback on the games in question :p

I've added comments where I can and I've tried to keep it to major titles so excluding GwG, PS Plus and Steam Sales games.

Owned and have not played at all:
    Dues Ex Human Revolution
    Heavy Rain
    Condemned
    Batman Arkham Asylum (I played and loved Arkham City)
    The Walking Dead Season 1 (I played and loved The Wolf Among Us)
    Need for Speed Most Wanted (I played and loved Hot Pursuit, but mainly enjoyed the cops/robbers stuff, i'm not a big racer)
    COD Ghosts (I played BO2 a lot, dunno if I wanna go down that route again tbh)
    Dead Space 1 and 3
    Gears of War 1
    Mirrors Edge
    Battlefield 3

Owned and have played for X hours:
    Dishonoured (3 hours)
    Borderlands 2 (finished the main story but I own all the DLCs via season pass)
    Bioshock Infinite (finished the main story but I own all the DLCs via season pass)
    Mass Effect 3 (10 hours)
    GTA5 (75% main story, online game out, stopped playing story)
    Resi Evil Revelations (4 hours)
    L.A. Noire (6 hours)
    Skyrim (20ish hours, I think I'm about level 30ish)

(I'll update the list where/when relevant)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Maybe start a blog instead ? Not sure (Could be wrong) but probably not the best place for gaming logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Who writes a blog anymore :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Batman Arkham Asylum for sure; the gameplay is better than in City imo as it's much more varied and better story without the bloat added to City (113491 items to pick up / inspect etc.). After that you can easily wrap up ME3 (ignore going for perfect score and simply youtube the other endings; there's no real difference anyway).

Nody wrote: »
    Batman Arkham Asylum for sure..... After that you can easily wrap up ME3

That sounds very feasible and a good start

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't bother with Heavy Rain.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't bother with Heavy Rain.

I clicked expecting to see "Thread closed due to it having lists"

Woohoo :pac:

Well Heavy Rain can go on the back burner so

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Condemned. At the time it was one of my favourite games, so good. I bought an xbox just to finish it. It's amazing. The combat is just fantastic, as it's mostly melee. Don't know if it has aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wouldn't say flat out not to bother with heavy rain.

I remember enjoying it for the most part except for the major plot hole in it.

That said if I were you, I'd complete GTA. You're already 3/4's of the way through so it'll be a nice one to complete relatively quickly.

And once complete, Dishonored. Great game, doesn't overstay it's welcome and very little filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Human Revolution. Once it grabs you, you'll fly through it in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Dead Space. With the lights off and sound up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Condemned. It's a great horror game which is genuinely tense and has some great pacing. It's showing its age mechanically a bit now though so if you play Dead Space before it, you may not be able to overlook its age.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Play the walking dead,great little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Human Revolution. Once it grabs you, you'll fly through it in no time.

Second. Human Revolution is a pretty good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Batman Arkham Asylum and The Walking Dead would get my votes there. Batman AA is a much tighter and focused game than Arkham City. And if you enjoyed The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead is a fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

.ak wrote: »
    Condemned. At the time it was one of my favourite games, so good. I bought an xbox just to finish it. It's amazing. The combat is just fantastic, as it's mostly melee. Don't know if it has aged well.
    Condemned. It's a great horror game which is genuinely tense and has some great pacing. It's showing its age mechanically a bit now though so if you play Dead Space before it, you may not be able to overlook its age.

I'm going to say Condemned as well.

Fantastic game. Played in a dark room lights off sound up seriously it is genuinely creepy. You WILL look over your shoulder playing this.

Outside of that the advice I'd give is finish the games you've started as it'll make you feel good finishing something. LA Noire for example your what 6 hours into, and go from there.

Having worked through a very small proprotion of my backlog lately I can vouch for it being a really worthwhile and rewarding thing to do. You feel youre playing games for nothing even through you did pay for them at one point, except PS+ of course.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Zillah wrote: »
    Second. Human Revolution is a pretty good game.

Yeah also the walking dead and the wolf among us are pretty short, so easy to finsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Big Rigs: Over the road racing. You wont regret it.

Advertisement