Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from GMIT to GTI?

Options
  • 21-08-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

could anyone tell me if there is a bus that goes from GMIT to GTI(Galway Technical Institute)? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GoWhest

I dont think their is a direct bus but its only about 15 minute walk from Eyre Square and the 402/409/410 take you there (The 402 goes through Renmore so is probably a bit longer). The 401 from Eyre Square would take you the rest of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Pizarro

GoWhest wrote: »
    The 401 from Eyre Square would take you the rest of the way.

Make sure you buy a day saver at least if you're taking 4 buses a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Pizarro wrote: »
    Make sure you buy a day saver at least if you're taking 4 buses a day.

Indeed, the Day Saver is worth it if you'll be taking even 3 buses in a day.

And there are weekly and monthly tickets too; http://www.galwaytransport.info/2008/12/fares-for-galway-city-bus-services-city.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

When will Leap cards be available in Galway?

ErnieBert wrote: »

Think they may be available now. Saw the new machine in the bus yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The last announcement I saw said in September. Am expecting that TaxSaver tickets will be loaded onto them from the start, so I should get a notice via work. Will keep boards posted!

Like Darko, I've spotted the machine on a bus or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

ErnieBert wrote: »

Looking at the

http://www.leapcard.ie/

it looks like you can buy Leap Cards for "City Direct" but not the Galway City Bus Eireann Services
    Have not seen it in operation on the City Direct Buses so cannot say if its operational yet.

Advertisement